Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

a couple new vids

Smaug · 12 · 1571

us Offline Smaug

• No Life Club
  • Desk Jockey
a couple new vids
on: July 29, 2015, 04:47:23 AM
I'm planning to slowly put out some SAK opinion videos, and wanted to share here; maybe some of you will enjoy them.

Here are my first two efforts:

https://m.youtube.com/?#/watch?v=1LEqyY-9DmU

https://m.youtube.com/?#/watch?v=8O1qQVpoxF8

Please Like (or Dislike) and leave me some comments.
-Jeremy
"Well begun is half done."
-Aristotle

us Offline detron

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Tool Carrying Linux User
Re: a couple new vids
Reply #1 on: July 29, 2015, 05:02:50 AM
I'm planning to slowly put out some SAK opinion videos, and wanted to share here; maybe some of you will enjoy them.

Here are my first two efforts:

https://m.youtube.com/?#/watch?v=1LEqyY-9DmU

https://m.youtube.com/?#/watch?v=8O1qQVpoxF8

Please Like (or Dislike) and leave me some comments.

you may want to use these links instead

If I can help, let me know 

us Offline GoatDragon

• SAK 4 life
Reply #2 on: July 29, 2015, 08:04:35 AM
Nice videos! You have some Wenger models I had never heard of. Never seen that liner lock shield button before. Plus, now I know what the venerable Smaug sounds like!

us Offline Smaug

• No Life Club
  • Desk Jockey
Reply #3 on: July 29, 2015, 02:29:14 PM
you may want to use these links instead
<snip>

Thanks for that, Detron. I posted that from my Fire. Everything takes twice as long, but sometimes, I just don't feel like messing with the laptop, hehehe.
-Jeremy
-Aristotle

us Offline WoodsDuck

• No Life Club
  • Duck!
Reply #4 on: July 29, 2015, 03:54:57 PM
Even though none of these locking mechanisms are news to me, I'm looking forward to part 3. So, good job  :2tu:

PS. I'm not sure if you meant that only 111mm Vics have the #1 in-line phillips, or just the WorkChamp... The Hercules and Outrider also have it.

us Offline Smaug

• No Life Club
  • Desk Jockey
Reply #5 on: July 29, 2015, 05:01:55 PM
PS. I'm not sure if you meant that only 111mm Vics have the #1 in-line phillips, or just the WorkChamp... The Hercules and Outrider also have it.

Yep, that's what I meant, but not what I said.  :facepalm:

I look forward to many years' worth of corrections comment on that point, hehehe.
-Jeremy
-Aristotle

us Offline GoatDragon

• SAK 4 life
Reply #6 on: July 29, 2015, 06:01:18 PM

I posted that from my Fire.

Given that you are named after a fire breathing dragon, that statement gave me pause.

ro Offline Corwyn

• No Life Club
Reply #7 on: July 29, 2015, 06:03:39 PM
Pretty nice.. a bit too short for my liking and mentioning the Wenger with the Vic Soldier Alox was confusing.

The rest was ok... main thing is you made me want a Wenger Ranger with pliers.  :P
Corwyn of Multitool, the First of His name, King of Victorinox, King of Leatherman, Gerber and the First Generation SOG, Lord of the Seven Wrenches, Protector of the Forum, Khal of the Bushes, called Corwyn Toolborn, the Unsharpened, Father of SAKs.

us Offline Smaug

• No Life Club
  • Desk Jockey
Reply #8 on: July 29, 2015, 07:50:44 PM
Pretty nice.. a bit too short for my liking and mentioning the Wenger with the Vic Soldier Alox was confusing.
Yeah, I mentioned that that one model (Ranger 73?) was Wenger's bid for the new official Swiss soldier's knife. (they lost to Victorinox, and the rest is history)

Was it confusing because the '61 Soldier was not a lock blade, or because the history behind the bids was not known?

The rest was ok... main thing is you made me want a Wenger Ranger with pliers.  :P

Thanks for the comments. The needlenosed pliers on them is indeed awesome. I'm sure they're just as good on the Victorinox Ranger series.
-Jeremy
-Aristotle

ro Offline Corwyn

• No Life Club
Reply #9 on: July 29, 2015, 08:01:13 PM
Yeah, I mentioned that that one model (Ranger 73?) was Wenger's bid for the new official Swiss soldier's knife. (they lost to Victorinox, and the rest is history)

Was it confusing because the '61 Soldier was not a lock blade, or because the history behind the bids was not known?

Well, it was known to me, because I'm a sak-head, but 98% of viewers wouldn't know...
Basically you said: this big oho locking black knife was the answer to a competitor knife that was meant to replace this small silver non-OHO non-locking knife ...  :think:

No worries.. when I looked at Skallagrim or Cutlerylover's early videos irt was a huge difference from his current ones.
Yours was a great first review... it will keep getting more natural  :tu:
Corwyn of Multitool, the First of His name, King of Victorinox, King of Leatherman, Gerber and the First Generation SOG, Lord of the Seven Wrenches, Protector of the Forum, Khal of the Bushes, called Corwyn Toolborn, the Unsharpened, Father of SAKs.

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #10 on: July 29, 2015, 09:04:39 PM
Not bad for a first go.  I don't have too much to say other than like Corwyn said you will get better. 
One thing I'd mention is, Who is your audience?  You can walk a line between a more seasoned SAK person and not so seasoned easily just remember to not forget the basics. 

BTW nice watch. 
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline Smaug

• No Life Club
  • Desk Jockey
Reply #11 on: July 30, 2015, 08:29:34 PM
The next installment is just on the Skipper:

-Jeremy
-Aristotle

Donations