Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Chapman tools

cs Offline edcgear

• No Life Club
Chapman tools
on: October 29, 2011, 06:28:23 PM
I stumbled upon this on other forum I visit... Thought it belongs here.

http://www.chapmanmfg.com/index.html

They produce some nice miniature ratchets and bit kits... Why more bits?!? Well those bits has something like "stopping ears"... What this does is keep your bit in hex cutout in PocketWrench, Piranha, Atwood, or any other one peace tool...

It looks interesting to me....  :D :D
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
There is method to my madness....
http://svakodnevnesitnice.blogspot.com/

gb Offline nuphoria

• Ambidangerous Mistress of Mod
  • Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not all bad, I'm just drawn that way.
Re: Chapman tools
Reply #1 on: October 29, 2011, 09:40:54 PM
I ordered a ratchet from a seller on UK ebay, so I'll report on it when it gets here :)
A dyslexic man walks in to a bra...

All my music for free: http://soundcloud.com/chrissyvandyke

us Offline Randyc1974

Reply #2 on: October 30, 2011, 03:22:38 PM
Chapman Mfg. is a small company that makes very high quality yet affordable small screw driver kits made here in the USA. The "stopping ears" referred to by the OP are actually spring loaded ball bearings that retain the bits in the bit driver handle and extension. The bits are standard 1/4" in size. The bits also work well in my Pocket Wrench II.

I own a standard set and another set containing the bits necessary to work on my saddle stitcher and other sewing machines. The tools are used daily in my holster shop.
 I also use my Chapmen set for firearms maintance and repair. The ratchet wrench is simple yet well made and effective. You flip the wrench around to tighten or loosen fasteners.

All and all, I'm a big fan of Chapman tools.

gb Offline Sparky415

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #3 on: October 30, 2011, 06:42:07 PM

They look very useful EDC  :tu:

I have one of these, nice tool but no ears :cheers:

http://www.axminster.co.uk/axminster-12-piece-confined-space-ratchet-driver-and-bit-set-prod783834/
Everything’s adjustable

us Offline ChapmanMFG

• New User
Reply #4 on: September 17, 2015, 08:35:20 PM
Hi guys, this is Joel from Chapman MFG. We're a really small shop (there's about 12 of us here) so I really appreciate the recommendation!

What do you think about this kit (type 2021 into the search bar on the upper right of our website)
I would like to develop an EDC kit. What bits are required?

Gunsmiths have been buying our tools for years, usually the larger sets like the 5589 (it includes a small pouch for EDC.)

I would appreciate any feedback you can give me.

PS: Randy- I'm glad you're a fan and happy your Chapman sets get daily use!

Joel Camassar
« Last Edit: September 17, 2015, 09:18:34 PM by ChapmanMFG »

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • I may get older but I refuse to grow up.
Reply #5 on: September 17, 2015, 08:48:52 PM
Hi, Joel.

Welcome to the forum. :waving:

I'm a big fan of your mini ratchet and have recommended it often. And the bits are among the better ones out there.

But ... :-\

I'm sorry to have to pull the links from your post as they are in violation of our forum policies on advertising. :salute:

As this is a privately owned and members funded forum we can't allow you to advertise for free here. We have members here paying for the privilege to advertise and allowing you to do so for free wouldn't be fair to them. If you're searching for input and thoughts on projects you'll need to upgrade your account to a Research and Development subscription you can buy here for only $10 for 30 days or $100 a year.

Then you'll be able to post links to your project in our R&D subforum.

Or if you're trying to fund your project, check out our Crowd Funding board. Crowd Sourcing subscription is $20 per month.

Be sure to read Multitool.org Think Tank Rules too.

If you have any more questions or would like arrange options for advertising your tool, please contact Grant Lamontagne, the site owner via email.

Nice to have you with us and you can enjoy the forum and take part in the discussions, but don't advertise anymore until you've made arrangements to do so with the forum owner. :cheers:

us Offline ChapmanMFG

• New User
Reply #6 on: September 17, 2015, 09:22:31 PM
Hi, glad you like our tools! Sorry for violating your terms. I was looking for feedback, not advertising. It's great that you have an R&D account, I will sign up for that and post in the subforum! Thanks for helping me out, Joel

us Offline tattoosteve99

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #7 on: September 25, 2015, 02:20:21 PM

Hi, glad you like our tools! Sorry for violating your terms. I was looking for feedback, not advertising. It's great that you have an R&D account, I will sign up for that and post in the subforum! Thanks for helping me out, Joel

I have a set myself! It is very handy. Fits great in my edc bag.
If I remember correctly, wait, what was I saying?

Offline BobG

Reply #8 on: September 26, 2015, 03:00:59 AM
Wow! I've been enjoying this site for a number of years now and had never gone to the R&D forum. I don't think I had even noticed it. Thanks for talking about it, I'll be checking that section regularly now.
Bob

us Offline toolguy

• No Life Club
Reply #9 on: September 26, 2015, 04:24:35 PM
Welcome Joel.

I've been using Chapman tool kits since 1983.

A recent email to Chapman,regarding a broken latch on one of the two tools kits that I currently use,resulted in a response from Joel.He immediately sent out not one but two replacement parts as well as some extra goodies.

Companies,such as Chapman, elevate themselves above the competition with outstanding service to the customer after the sale.

Thanks again Joel and Chapman as well for manufacturing such a quality product and backing it with outstanding service.
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."  **Edmund Burke**

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."    **Benjamin Franklin**

us Offline toolguy

• No Life Club
Reply #10 on: September 27, 2015, 05:12:18 AM
Here is a picture of their mini-ratchet in one of my EDC kits.

The Chapman is setting just below the Leatherman bit extender.
DSCN1153-2.jpg
* DSCN1153-2.jpg (Filesize: 234 KB)
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."  **Edmund Burke**

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."    **Benjamin Franklin**

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $168.99
PayPal Fees: $9.87
Net Balance: $159.12
Below Goal: $140.88
Site Currency: USD
53%