Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Time Lord Level III

us Offline SAKnight

• 5.0 HO
Time Lord Level III
on: July 18, 2015, 05:17:12 AM
My collection, sans a Wenger that's somewhere...

Two Vics (the chrono I got today!), a 5600, a 10 year Casio, and a simple metal (steel or not, I don't know) casio

And two on the way from Germany!
WP_20150717_001.jpg
* WP_20150717_001.jpg (Filesize: 376.7 KB)

ca Offline jekostas

• No Life Club
Re: Time Lord Level III
Reply #1 on: July 18, 2015, 05:53:58 AM
Is that all?

us Offline SAKnight

• 5.0 HO
Reply #2 on: July 18, 2015, 06:31:11 AM
Is that all?

Level 3 is 5, isn't it?
I mean, those 5 are all I have on hand, so yeah, that's all...  :think:

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #3 on: July 18, 2015, 06:46:09 AM
Very nice.  :tu:  I only have the one watch atm.

Have a read of the info in my sig for next time. The link was no good.

And any questions just ask.  :cheers:

ca Offline jekostas

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: July 18, 2015, 06:50:28 AM
I have 8

And one is currently getting repaired, and another is waiting on a part from Switzerland

And that's after paring down the collection somewhat over the last couple of months.

us Offline tjfarrington2000

Reply #5 on: July 19, 2015, 07:32:47 PM
I put a Fossil watch strap on mine, way better because the leather is softer than the nylon strap that it came with;

Sent from my iPhone using A box of monkeys on a treadmill and a quantum leap

us Offline SAKnight

• 5.0 HO
Reply #6 on: July 19, 2015, 10:45:04 PM
I put a Fossil watch strap on mine, way better because the leather is softer than the nylon strap that it came with;(Image removed from quote.)

Sent from my iPhone using A box of monkeys on a treadmill and a quantum leap

That's gorgeous!

us Offline Smaug

• No Life Club
  • Desk Jockey
Reply #7 on: August 05, 2015, 05:56:26 PM

Two Vics (the chrono I got today!), a 5600, a 10 year Casio, and a simple metal (steel or not, I don't know) casio

Nice collection!

The Casio A158W is a classic. Great battery life, easy to wear. (except the bracelet is a bit of a hair-puller when new)

I have that exact same Victorinox Classic watch. (with the red bezel) I have mine on a nice gray leather band, but yours is a better color match to the gray powdercoat on the case.

The G-Shock DW-5600E is a classic too. I had one of those and wore it every day for the better part of 10 years. It is rugged, has a useful feature set, and is not as chunky as a lot of the new G-Shocks. (works much better under long sleeve cuffs)

What do you have on the way from Germany?

Here's a link to my current collection:
http://s134.photobucket.com/user/jzorns/library/Watch%20Collection?sort=3&page=1
-Jeremy
"Well begun is half done."
-Aristotle

us Offline SAKnight

• 5.0 HO
Reply #8 on: August 05, 2015, 08:22:45 PM

Nice collection!

The Casio A158W is a classic. Great battery life, easy to wear. (except the bracelet is a bit of a hair-puller when new)

I have that exact same Victorinox Classic watch. (with the red bezel) I have mine on a nice gray leather band, but yours is a better color match to the gray powdercoat on the case.

The G-Shock DW-5600E is a classic too. I had one of those and wore it every day for the better part of 10 years. It is rugged, has a useful feature set, and is not as chunky as a lot of the new G-Shocks. (works much better under long sleeve cuffs)

What do you have on the way from Germany?

Here's a link to my current collection:
http://s134.photobucket.com/user/jzorns/library/Watch%20Collection?sort=3&page=1

Love the 158, down to the hilarious light  :D

That Vic classic has a neat story. I got it in a trade here randomly with a few other things (didn't even know what it was, just a Vic watch), and liked it, so I started wearing it. I quickly found it was rather worn, and the plastic that holds the pins in is damaged in such a way that one slips out if subjected to force, such as throwing something with that arm. So out took a bit of work to get it wearable.
But I digress. I was looking through old photographs my mother had been finding soon after getting it. One in particular caught my eye, but I wasn't sure why. It was a photograph of my grandfather (Gary) holding me (Gary III) Upon closer inspection, I noticed on his wrist was a watch, move other than the exact watch I was wearing! I had gotten the same watch my grandfather used to wear, without knowing (he died when I was 6, back in 2002). As I have a grand image of my grandfather (he's the reason I'm 25% Algonquin, or native Canadian to you foreigners :D ), the watch means a lot to me, and it happens to be one of my favorites anyway, my first Swiss watch.
So yeah, I like that one. Mine has a forest green Casio strap.

The 5600 is mine for the reasons you listed, wanted a g, but wearable with long sleeves;

They have arrived, I got a dw?-6900 (yellow Japanese market version), and a pink faced black bg-5601 baby g. The baby g has been on my wrist a lot, basically a smaller 5600, and pink! The 6900 is currently with my cousin, who I lent it to camping, and ended up being packed away in his things  ::)

Those are gorgeous. I love my watches, and feel I have a lot. Your collection is very impressive, and a lot of watches in my taste (I'm not very knowledgeable about models, but I know what I like).  :D
I'll take some pics later  :tu:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD