Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Strange Cycling Multitool

ro Offline Corwyn

• No Life Club
Strange Cycling Multitool
on: August 10, 2015, 09:46:26 AM
Nice cycling multitool.
Did you guys ever see this before? I don't cycle but looks great for fitting IKEA furniture   :D
It's about 7 Euros...
http://olx.ro/oferta/cheie-universala-multitool-tip-briceag-pentru-bicicleta-ID4lx12.html

« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 12:07:15 PM by zoidberg »
Corwyn of Multitool, the First of His name, King of Victorinox, King of Leatherman, Gerber and the First Generation SOG, Lord of the Seven Wrenches, Protector of the Forum, Khal of the Bushes, called Corwyn Toolborn, the Unsharpened, Father of SAKs.

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Re: Strange Cycling Multitool
Reply #1 on: August 10, 2015, 10:50:39 AM
Similar designs are available from a multitude of manufacturers... That of course also means quality varies.
I would even go so far as to call this the most basic bike tool design (do a google image search on "bike tool" and you will see this basic design in a million variation)

I'm currently contemplating one of these:
Topeak Mini 20 Pro (runs at about 30$)

Did you order one? If yes, let us know how it holds up.
It wouldn't be the internet without people complaining.

ro Offline Corwyn

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: August 10, 2015, 11:31:25 AM
Nice pic. I saw them with Hex keys before but noone with so many features.. Interesting.

Reckon any mod could please rename this thread?
Corwyn of Multitool, the First of His name, King of Victorinox, King of Leatherman, Gerber and the First Generation SOG, Lord of the Seven Wrenches, Protector of the Forum, Khal of the Bushes, called Corwyn Toolborn, the Unsharpened, Father of SAKs.

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #3 on: August 10, 2015, 11:42:23 AM
What would you like it called Corwyn?

ro Offline Corwyn

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: August 10, 2015, 12:00:27 PM
What would you like it called Corwyn?

nope... "Corwyn" would be a dumb name for a Cycling Multitool...  :D

Maybe "Strange cycling multitool"

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #5 on: August 10, 2015, 07:26:37 PM
I have a few including a Topeak Mini 9 and a CCM bike tool. They are very handy ways of having Allen keys and small box wrenches with you.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline captain spaulding

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
Reply #6 on: August 10, 2015, 10:44:03 PM
I was recently looking for a bike tool to keep in the triangle pouch on my bike. I like "fold out" tools for this application and came across something that works for me. It is perfect to keep with your bike as it has the most common sizes (for me) and is a fold out tool. I paired it with a PST. Mainly for the pliers, but the file and awl are good to have just in case. The bag I put on my bike is pretty small so space must be used very efficiently and the PST is very slim. I could of left it very slim and not put it in a pouch, but I decided to use a older slim Gerber sheath for it as it was the best option. I will most likely use a back pocket off a old pair of jeans to make a very slimline sheath once I wear out another pair. Now that I think about it I need scissors in there. I might have to throw in a Classic or switch the PST to a PST II.

Anyways here is the tool.

It has #1 Philips, 3/16 flat head, 4mm, 5mm, and 6mm Hex.

http://www.amazon.com/Bondhus-12540-GorillaGrip-Fold-up-Phillips/dp/B000E80CEW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1439238743&sr=8-1&keywords=Bondhus+12540+GorillaGrip+Fold-up+Utility+Set%2C+%231+Phillips%2C+3%2F16-Inch+Slotted%2C+4mm+Hex%2C+5mm+Hex%2C+and+6mm+Hex

I'm the milk man!

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21
Site Currency: USD