Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Sak Help?

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Re: Sak Help?
Reply #60 on: October 14, 2015, 03:29:17 AM
Well after all that debate - That is a great result all round - I reckon  :D - Yay

Tradition keeps going, great price, and no brotherly squabbles/jealousy
From my perespective the Champion is bit big for a kid - However I am sure from the kids perspective the more tools the better - More to play with and impress his friends....

And what an amazing price - Less than half what I would have to pay for it  :(   Grrrr
Yeah, good in so many ways but it's not what "he" wanted, he wants it to be a 111 with pliers and with "only" the tools he wants! Well gee, don't we all wish we could get it that way, I'm sorry but it doesn't work that way, especially for your first! My only worry is he has adhd and after showing him diff ones online to try to get an idea I don't know what to exspect? But hey if he don't like it, well then I'm sure you can guess who's going to get it :whistle:
JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

au Offline Huntsman

• Global Moderator
  • No Life Club
Reply #61 on: October 14, 2015, 03:43:56 AM
Yes JR - I thought you were very kind - But very brave/crazy  :pok: involving him in the decision making process!! 

Well it seems like his collecting/collection is about to start - We all know you can't just have one SAK.
And I still think the Champion is a great option for a boy

And I gotta say those 111mms are brutes - and way too big for a 12yr old - IMHO
I have a birth year Soldier for my boy (he's 6) - But I am not sure when he will get it - Maybe not for another 10 years!!  :o

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #62 on: October 14, 2015, 04:03:27 AM
Yes JR - I thought you were very kind - But very brave/crazy  :pok: involving him in the decision making process!! 

Well it seems like his collecting/collection is about to start - We all know you can't just have one SAK.
And I still think the Champion is a great option for a boy

And I gotta say those 111mms are brutes - and way too big for a 12yr old - IMHO
I have a birth year Soldier for my boy (he's 6) - But I am not sure when he will get it - Maybe not for another 10 years!!  :o
I'd agree, I have yet to have my hands on one of those 111's, but still a 91 is a good size and he's got small hands, he's going to have a hard enough time opening that size blade, let alone any of the tools!
JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

Offline AmberDragon

Reply #63 on: October 15, 2015, 09:19:21 PM
The postman dropped off the new bruiser just after lunch and I'm glad I pounced on this sale. Thanks to a small dangler, it does carry well in the pocket and it's not too big in my hand. I'm really liking it, but only time will tell if I keep carrying it or if the old grande dame snatches her place back.

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #64 on: October 15, 2015, 10:49:40 PM
The postman dropped off the new bruiser just after lunch and I'm glad I pounced on this sale. Thanks to a small dangler, it does carry well in the pocket and it's not too big in my hand. I'm really liking it, but only time will tell if I keep carrying it or if the old grande dame snatches her place back.
Good, I'm glad it works! Mine didn't get delivered today, idk why, it says ups has it, but it didn't say out for delivery, so I'll probably get it tomorrow..
JR

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #65 on: November 08, 2015, 06:41:30 PM
Ok, I thought I posted on here that I did get my package, lol. Anyway, I still have to get him a sheath, his brothers is the brown one, that I think looks more red, so I'll probably have to get him the black one so they don't get theirs mixed up even though he'll probably sleep with it under his pillow and not let it out of his sight. Now, I have both, the brown and black, one brown new one but with the steel, one very old one w/o the steel, and then a new black one. So the only one that can really get mixed up would be the black one, but I kinda did a little something to make it special, I ripped out the stitching and restitched it with red thread, now the little guy would go nuts with that combo but then both Mine and his would match so that kinda defeats the perpose of changing it, to fit their personality.. So rather then changing it do I just leave it? Or do I go out and do a diff color? I know this is going to be a BIG special thing for him so idk, green is one of his fav colors so maybe a neon green thread? Errr what to do..
JR

Here's a pic of mine after I ripped the stitching out and replaced it with red.

I found this, it's the same one I used just a diff color,
« Last Edit: November 08, 2015, 06:47:40 PM by MadPlumbarian »

au Offline gregozedobe

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Apparently it is possible to have too many tools;)
Reply #66 on: November 09, 2015, 01:36:53 AM
So rather then changing it do I just leave it? Or do I go out and do a diff color? I know this is going to be a BIG special thing for him so idk, green is one of his fav colors so maybe a neon green thread? Errr what to do..

I say go for the green !   :tu:
babola: "Enjoy your tools and don't be afraid to air your opinion and feelings here, but do it in courteous and respectable way toward others, of course."

us Offline sawman

• You're amongst friends.
Reply #67 on: November 09, 2015, 01:41:06 AM
So rather then changing it do I just leave it? Or do I go out and do a diff color? I know this is going to be a BIG special thing for him so idk, green is one of his fav colors so maybe a neon green thread? Errr what to do..

+1 :tu:
SAW

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #68 on: November 09, 2015, 01:47:24 AM

+1 :tu:
I showed him that green without giving any clues, and he liked it, but he says red would be much better.. So now what?
JR

us Offline tattoosteve99

Reply #69 on: November 09, 2015, 03:39:38 PM
Give him what he wants. Each kid is different and goes on different paths in life. Make him happy now and that gift will return to you later in life when you least expect.
If I remember correctly, wait, what was I saying?

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #70 on: November 09, 2015, 05:46:14 PM
Give him what he wants. Each kid is different and goes on different paths in life. Make him happy now and that gift will return to you later in life when you least expect.
Thanks steve,

Here's an idea, do I get the one with the steel, but rather then restitching it in for him steal it for myself and stitch it into mine? And make my sheath the ultimate fore the Pharmber? This way we both have black sheaths with red stitching, but not the same? I can't just give him mine cause mines felt lined to prevent the Pharmber from moving side to side, and the champ+ won't fit. Unless I rip the felt out?
JR

us Offline tattoosteve99

Reply #71 on: November 09, 2015, 06:48:43 PM
That one is on you. Do what you think is best :tu:
If I remember correctly, wait, what was I saying?

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%