Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

The 2009 SHOT Show Moves to Orlando, FL Jan. 15 - 18

us Offline eodtech

• No Life Club
  • Rule #9 - Never go anywhere without a knife.
The 2009 SHOT Show Moves to Orlando, FL Jan. 15 - 18
on: August 11, 2008, 04:09:50 PM
Anyone planning to attend?

What's  required to be admitted to the SS?

Is related business documentation required?

PressPass?

TIA
Why do I carry a 45 ?
Because they don't make a 46 !

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Re: The 2009 SHOT Show Moves to Orlando, FL Jan. 15 - 18
Reply #1 on: August 11, 2008, 05:23:19 PM
Anyone can get in really, but you need a Media Pass to bring in a camera.  If you want to go and want a media pass, send me a PM and I may be able to help

I'm planning to attend, and I know of a few others that are going to try to be there.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline eodtech

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: September 11, 2008, 01:23:47 AM
Days Inn Orlando/International Drive
5858 International Drive
Corner Int'l Drive/Kirkman Rd
Orlando, FL 32819 US

Phone:407-351-4410
E-Mail:daysinn5858@yahoo.com

Wed. 01/14/09       check in
Thu. 01/15/09    
Fri.  01/16/09   
Sat  01/17/09      check out

Wed. 01/14/09      USD 37.40
Thu. 01/15/09    USD 37.40
Fri. 01/16/09    USD 41.65

3 nights (1 Room): USD 116.45
Taxes: USD 14.56
* Total: USD 131.01

2 miles from the Orange County Convention Center

126 days to the Shot Show in Orlando ...
« Last Edit: September 11, 2008, 06:55:10 PM by eodtech »
Why do I carry a 45 ?

us Offline eodtech

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: October 16, 2008, 07:25:45 PM
Anyone firmed up reservations?

I'll be driving down Wednesday and attending Thursday and Friday and part of Saturday.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2008, 03:31:31 PM by eodtech »
Why do I carry a 45 ?

us Offline 665ae

• Formerly known as 665ae
  • No Life Club
  • blah blah blah
Reply #4 on: October 17, 2008, 06:32:08 AM
I'm hoping to make my reservations here in the next week or two.
If you took all the intestines out of your body and stretched them end to end... you would die.

us Offline eodtech

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: December 09, 2008, 03:30:05 PM
Getting close, how about a list of attendees that are planning on being at the 2009 Shot Show in Orlando

eodtech = Andrew J. Gnoza, III  ( Wed 6 PM to Sat 3 PM )  driving from Pensacola, FL ( 500 miles ) @ Days Inn
Why do I carry a 45 ?

us Offline 665ae

• No Life Club
  • blah blah blah
Reply #6 on: December 09, 2008, 04:25:31 PM
665ae = Michael Micklea (Wed 5pm to Sun 3pm) staying at same Days Inn
If you took all the intestines out of your body and stretched them end to end... you would die.

us Offline eodtech

• No Life Club
Reply #7 on: December 31, 2008, 06:14:12 PM
2 weeks and counting
Why do I carry a 45 ?

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • Just Awesome! And a Slayer of Polar Bear!
Reply #8 on: December 31, 2008, 06:23:23 PM
I'm surprised at the apparent lack of interest in this show on here.  :-\  Thought many more members would be keen to go.
I'm back!!

gb Offline Mike, Lord of the Spammers!

• Chief of the Absolutely No Life Club!
  • Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here...
  • Why haven't you got a Farmer yet!
Reply #9 on: December 31, 2008, 06:24:05 PM
I'm surprised at the apparent lack of interest in this show on here.  :-\  Thought many more members would be keen to go.
That's because neither of us are going :D
Give in, buy several Farmer's!!!!!!

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #10 on: December 31, 2008, 06:24:54 PM

No, that's why I was thinking it would have more interest.  :P :D
I'm back!!

gb Offline Mike, Lord of the Spammers!

• Chief of the Absolutely No Life Club!
  • Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here...
  • Why haven't you got a Farmer yet!
Reply #11 on: December 31, 2008, 06:27:46 PM

No, that's why I was thinking it would have more interest.  :P :D
Yeah that has got a ring of truth to it :D
Give in, buy several Farmer's!!!!!!

us Offline stressmaster5000

• No Life Club
  • No PM's - just email please
Reply #12 on: December 31, 2008, 07:51:31 PM
I would love to go but the amount of $$ involved would squeeze my SAK buying budget!  :ahhh Sorry but SAK's before shows!  :salute:

I am saving up for an XAVT or an XXLT if I can find one. :salute:

us Offline eodtech

• No Life Club
Reply #13 on: January 01, 2009, 12:38:40 AM
I am saving up for an XAVT

That next on my "rewards" list with air miles and Amazon purchases, couple months and I'll get a FREE one !!!
Why do I carry a 45 ?

us Offline Tsquare

Reply #14 on: January 03, 2009, 11:49:01 PM
     I would really love to go but I know that the guys going from multitool.org will to a great job of covering the show, especially the items we would all be most interested in.  If anyone stops by the Leatherman booth ask them if they are actually going to bring out the freestyle this year. 

us Offline 665ae

• No Life Club
  • blah blah blah
Reply #15 on: January 04, 2009, 06:24:09 AM
...the guys going from multitool.org will to a great job of covering the show...

You must not know that I'm going yet :D

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #16 on: January 04, 2009, 08:51:07 AM
     I would really love to go but I know that the guys going from multitool.org will to a great job of covering the show, especially the items we would all be most interested in.  If anyone stops by the Leatherman booth ask them if they are actually going to bring out the freestyle this year. 

Count on it- I am looking forward to getting a Freestyle myself!

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

no Offline Medic82

• No Life Club
  • You will not laugh! You will not cry!
Reply #17 on: January 05, 2009, 02:47:04 AM

Count on it- I am looking forward to getting a Freestyle myself!

Def

Def. Can you pleas stop by the SOG both and talk too Chris@SOG and say that if he gives me a Powerassist I will stop sending him e-mails and phoning him in the middle of the night. If you also could hum the main anthem of Airwolf when you are near him , if it works, it might be beneficial for MT.O, compliments of the Norwegian government.

Ohhhhhhh, pleas find out the future plans for SOG on the MT front.
There is no problem that cannot be solved by the use of high explosives.

Offline Anthony

• No Life Club
  • Improvise.
Reply #18 on: January 09, 2009, 05:28:08 AM
Yea I'm curious about what SOG might have coming out...maybe it's just the Powerlock 2.0/Powerassist/Powercut they are going to be promoting in regard to their tools...but you never know!

I'd also like to see what kind of oddball knives they've got coming out...the Contractor knife with the integrated pencil sharpener was hilarious :D
[

us Offline eodtech

• No Life Club
Reply #19 on: January 18, 2009, 07:16:17 PM
Yea I'm curious about what SOG might have coming out...maybe it's just the Powerlock 2.0/Powerassist/Powercut they are going to be promoting in regard to their tools...but you never know!

I'd also like to see what kind of oddball knives they've got coming out...the Contractor knife with the integrated pencil sharpener was hilarious :D

PowerCut is on hold, production problems with the cutter head, no word on when it will be released to the general public.
Why do I carry a 45 ?

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #20 on: January 18, 2009, 07:48:22 PM

PowerCut is on hold, production problems with the cutter head, no word on when it will be released to the general public.

WHAT?! >:(  They had good-looking prototypes at least a year ago. Hard to imagine what difficulties could hold things up so long.
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

us Offline 665ae

• No Life Club
  • blah blah blah
Reply #21 on: January 18, 2009, 08:20:44 PM

WHAT?! >:(  They had good-looking prototypes at least a year ago. Hard to imagine what difficulties could hold things up so long.

The word I got from SOG was that the PowerCut may not even go into production... they can't get the cutters to hold up to cutting the gauge of wire advertised, and they even thought about removing it from their newest catalog.

no Offline Medic82

• No Life Club
  • You will not laugh! You will not cry!
Reply #22 on: January 18, 2009, 08:25:16 PM

The word I got from SOG was that the PowerCut may not even go into production... they can't get the cutters to hold up to cutting the gauge of wire advertised, and they even thought about removing it from their newest catalog.

AWWWWW MAN!!! That sucks.
There is no problem that cannot be solved by the use of high explosives.

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #23 on: January 18, 2009, 08:50:10 PM

Ahhh, a heat treat / metal hardness issue. I can understand that. There is only so much you can do with stainless steel when it comes to hardness. The cutting edges are probably getting notched when they cut steel wire. Only way around that is to make the PowerCut's plier head out of tool steel instead of stainless.

(which is perfectly fine with me)
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

ca Offline jzmtl

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #24 on: January 18, 2009, 09:30:35 PM
ZDP189 plier head!  :ahhh :ahhh (It is originally intended as a die steel)

us Offline gafftapegreenia

• No Life Club
Reply #25 on: January 18, 2009, 09:30:53 PM
Then make them out of tool  steel. So they won't be rust-impervious, fine.

Did we at least get an update on that wire stripper implement so I can decide wether or not to get a Powerlock and add that in?
Fan of the Leatherman mini-bit driver and the Vic backspring philips.

Offline Anthony

• No Life Club
  • Improvise.
Reply #26 on: January 18, 2009, 10:26:51 PM
Companies have been making plier heads that cut steel for decades...why is it so difficult for SOG to have someone manufacture it for them?   :think:

It's too bad since that was one thing SOG had that Leatherman didn't...and it might have led to other specialized plier heads if it was successful.
[

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #27 on: January 18, 2009, 10:43:06 PM
Companies have been making plier heads that cut steel for decades...why is it so difficult for SOG to have someone manufacture it for them?   :think:

It's too bad since that was one thing SOG had that Leatherman didn't...and it might have led to other specialized plier heads if it was successful.

Other multitools often have two wire cutting sections; a "sharp" area for cutting soft copper wire, and a "blunt" section to cut (or break, really) harder steel wire. Cutting steel wire with the "sharp" section usually results in a notch. :(

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #28 on: January 18, 2009, 11:31:41 PM

That really sucks.  :(
I'm back!!

spam Offline scrappy

• Turd Bucket
  • No Life Club
Reply #29 on: January 19, 2009, 12:47:02 AM
what bothers me is that the powercut has been on their web site forever and in the catalog. if it doesn't go to prodution I am going to angry. the reason why I will be angry is that I have looked forward to it more than any other multitool ever and I have waited as month after month passed, including release dates that have come and gone. I have been more excited about this sog tool than any other and I will be more dissapointed with sog than any other tool maker. seriously this makes me angry.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21
Site Currency: USD
50%