Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Swiss Card as EDC?

us Offline cody6268

• Absolutely No Life Club
Swiss Card as EDC?
on: August 25, 2015, 01:40:49 AM
Recently, I purchased a used Swiss Card for $5 as an impulse buy.   I had a cheapo Chinese one-piece tool in my wallet I'd bought at a bookstore that did absolutely nothing well. My plans for the Swiss Card was as a backup to be carried in my wallet in case I needed something that one of my SAKs would have, but I'd forgotten it or carried a simply pocketknife instead.

But, would it replace my SAKs for going out to town carry?  I figured it had everything I needed (knife, scissors, toothpick, tweezers, screwdriver tip on nailfile) and even a few extras like the nailfile and pen.

Also, would it pass security at the "no knives allowed" places if I took the blade out and left it at home or the car?

And by the way, how do I wipe off commercial logos I don't find attractive?  I believe this model, which was one of a handful, and all but a couple had commercial logos that I didn't find attractive.  Should I leave them on or take them off?

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Re: Swiss Card as EDC?
Reply #1 on: August 25, 2015, 08:42:24 AM
I often have a SwissCard Lite in my backpack. It completes a Pioneer pretty well adding the toothpick or tweezers, a needle, magnifying glass, tiny light, scissors, tiny pen.
My fiance carries a SwissCard Nailcare with her Soldier that is a pretty good pack although it would be better with a light instead of the 4-way driver.

I think they should drop the blade in all future models but focus more on what is not so present in the regular SAKs. Pretty sure a survival card could be a best-seller:
- ferro rod
- tiny light
- magnifying glass
- compass
It wouldn't be the internet without people complaining.

ro Offline Corwyn

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: August 25, 2015, 08:50:01 AM
It's too thick for my wallet to carry it edc, but I really liked it... no nail cleaner was a deal breaker and also I love my Rogue too much...

Still very very nice.. as stated before, great companion for an Alox.

Honestly the prettiest ones I seen were branded (Heineken bottle-green-transparent, Medicine-company custom white-red). I guess if you want it off, rubbing alcohol might work, but depends on the paint.

Yes, you should be able to pass it without the blade.. the scissors though, might be iffy... I saw tons of those in TSA boxes...
Corwyn of Multitool, the First of His name, King of Victorinox, King of Leatherman, Gerber and the First Generation SOG, Lord of the Seven Wrenches, Protector of the Forum, Khal of the Bushes, called Corwyn Toolborn, the Unsharpened, Father of SAKs.

us Offline tjfarrington2000

Reply #3 on: August 26, 2015, 01:26:29 AM
Pics

Sent from my outdated communication device using an obsolete application

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99