Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Good and bad news

Offline jdailey4206966

• America- Love it or leave it, but don't bleed it!!
Good and bad news
on: August 11, 2008, 11:00:14 PM
Well, I am back in one piece from Indiana and my Dad's wedding, just walked in the door about an hour ago actually, with some good and some bad news. The good news is that the Wave was a hit. It helped alot, and there are quite a few people up there now who carry a Kick with them. Also, on Thursday my replacement eye glass screw driver bits came in, but the bad news was yesterday while helping clean up when bending down, my pocket clip flew across the parking lot, apparently under pressure, because it was bent when I found it. When I went to straighten it, SNAP! It just broke >:( I was upset because I loved it, but now I have to go back to carrying it in a sheath I suppose, and luckily I have a back up. I will have to see if Leatherman will replace it or not. If not, than I guess back on the belt it goes, which sucks because I so much prefer the pocket carry method. Other than that though the wedding went good, but I really hated to come back and now have to face reality again.....
J

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • Just Awesome! And a Slayer of Polar Bear!
Re: Good and bad news
Reply #1 on: August 11, 2008, 11:02:58 PM
Now forgive me if I have missed something here, but couldn't you just buy another clip?

Glad to hear the Wave was a hit.  :)
I'm back!!

gb Offline Mike, Lord of the Spammers!

• Chief of the Absolutely No Life Club!
  • Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here...
  • Why haven't you got a Farmer yet!
Reply #2 on: August 11, 2008, 11:04:33 PM
Welcome back mate :)

Yeah see it LM will send you out a new clip, if not there pretty cheap your side of the pond :)
Give in, buy several Farmer's!!!!!!

us Offline NeitherExtreme

• No Life Club
  • Marsh-wiggle
Reply #3 on: August 11, 2008, 11:08:15 PM
Yep, I'd let LM know about and see what happens. :)

And it sure is fun giving away LMs... I've done that quite a bit, by now it's my standard "guy" gift. I just gave a Blast to a friend of mine who just got married, and he apperantly likes it a lot and get to use it at work. Also, after seeing my KF4 a while back (which was when I found out he didn't have an LM of his own) he decided to get his Groomsman Juices and his ushers Squirts. :D

All that to say, they make great gifts. :)

Offline jdailey4206966

Reply #4 on: August 12, 2008, 12:09:00 AM
I am gonna write LM back and see what they say. I hope they can replace it. I know its only $5 but I only had it not even 3 weeks.
J

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #5 on: August 12, 2008, 12:51:17 AM
Now forgive me if I have missed something here, but couldn't you just buy another clip?

::) :o ;) :D

I usually sheath carry so my clip has barely been used :) No chance to break yet :D Bad to hear that it broke :( Maybe they will replace it :)

ph Offline duckman1975

• No Life Club
  • Naked without my multitool!
Reply #6 on: August 12, 2008, 01:06:37 AM

Glad to hear the Wave was a hit.  :)

Why buy if it can be replaced for free  :D and its not the money its the principle (I thinK)  :D :D :D
Multitools are the best thing that happened to mankind since the invention of the wheel!

Offline jdailey4206966

Reply #7 on: August 12, 2008, 01:40:59 AM
well, the positive of it is i guess that I would rather have had it broke that way instead of breaking and falling out of my pocket and losing the clip and Wave all together. I would be lost without it!!
J

Offline Hoghead

Reply #8 on: August 12, 2008, 03:07:30 AM
when bending down, my pocket clip flew across the parking lot, apparently under pressure, because it was bent when I found it. When I went to straighten it, SNAP! It just broke 

How were you carring your Wave? Where was it clipped? Was it clipped inside a pocket, on your belt, inside your wastband?

I have carried a Charge with a pocket clip for a few years with no problems. I read (on CPF I think) that someone had broken two pocket clips.

I'm wondering what the circumstances were that caused the pocket clip to fail.

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #9 on: August 12, 2008, 03:53:25 AM
when bending down, my pocket clip flew across the parking lot, apparently under pressure, because it was bent when I found it. When I went to straighten it, SNAP! It just broke 

How were you carring your Wave? Where was it clipped? Was it clipped inside a pocket, on your belt, inside your wastband?

I have carried a Charge with a pocket clip for a few years with no problems. I read (on CPF I think) that someone had broken two pocket clips.

Yeah how were you carrying it? had to be in some bind ??? :)

Offline jdailey4206966

Reply #10 on: August 12, 2008, 11:28:41 PM

Yeah how were you carrying it? had to be in some bind ??? :)

Not sure, but I was carrying it with the wave inside the pocket and the clip outside. Not sure what caused it, but it stinks not having it. I sheath carried today, and when using the Wave I was used to always going for the pocket, but than reverted to the hip.
J

Offline Hoghead

Reply #11 on: August 13, 2008, 04:40:51 AM
Not sure, but I was carrying it with the wave inside the pocket and the clip outside. Not sure what caused it, but it stinks not having it. I sheath carried today, and when using the Wave I was used to always going for the pocket, but than reverted to the hip. 

Thanks!

When I've read about people having trouble with pocket clips, it's usually because they were using the pocket clip on a belt instead of a pocket.

The only time I had a problem was with a regular Sebenza with the knife clipped inside my front pants pocket. I had luggage in both hands and when I reached for the door handle of a motel, one of the bags cought on the pocket clip. This bent the clip and deposited the knife on the ground. I didn't know it had happened and I only found it because I had to make a second trip to the car.

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #12 on: August 14, 2008, 12:40:47 AM

Thanks!

When I've read about people having trouble with pocket clips, it's usually because they were using the pocket clip on a belt instead of a pocket.

The only time I had a problem was with a regular Sebenza with the knife clipped inside my front pants pocket. I had luggage in both hands and when I reached for the door handle of a motel, one of the bags cought on the pocket clip. This bent the clip and deposited the knife on the ground. I didn't know it had happened and I only found it because I had to make a second trip to the car.

Sounds like you were probably glad your wife packed alot of stuff that time ::) :D

Offline jdailey4206966

Reply #13 on: August 15, 2008, 12:09:24 AM
Well, its good news for me. I contacted LM about the clip and they said they sent one out for me today!! Awesome CS!!! :salute:
J

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #14 on: August 15, 2008, 03:57:59 AM
Well, its good news for me. I contacted LM about the clip and they said they sent one out for me today!! Awesome CS!!! :salute:

Good show Leatherman! :salute:
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #15 on: August 15, 2008, 04:07:27 AM
Man I need to break something and see if they fix it ::) :D

Not really ;)  I'm glad everything I have so far is glitch free  :)

Glad they are making good on it  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Offline jdailey4206966

Reply #16 on: August 15, 2008, 04:38:09 AM
I am glad they are replacing it, but today I carried the Wave in my spare pouch in the horizontal carry and must say I liked it. I only wish they made their sheaths a little better. Maybe if they could make a nylon sheath with the snap button instead of velcro. Also wish the straps were a little wider. It is nice though because you can carry more concealed in the horizontal position.
J

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21
Site Currency: USD