Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

SAKs & Coffee

Storky · 4483 · 215544

nl Offline Mactire404

• There's a SAK for that!
Re: SAKs & Coffee
Reply #2550 on: April 04, 2017, 11:16:31 PM
Mac Unit - you have a lovely Swisschamp there. Why do you want to go wondering about swiza's? It would be like foregoing that delicious coffee you have, and drinking some puddle water instead.  :pok:

Haha, don't worry. I have no intentions of buying a Swiza.

I doubt a Swiza will imact taste. I have proven that an ugly cup does not alter the coffee experience before!  :rofl:

Well, I had my chuckle. I also read the comments below yours and realise we are at the brink of a flame war.

I have no real opinion on Swiza. I was browsing for Vics when I encountered one in blister packaging. I considered it for a moment, just to see what's it all about but the price put me off.
The rubberised scales reminded me of a cellphone I had years ago. Whenever I pulled that thing out of my pocket it turned my pocket inside out. Very clumsy.
So I wondered if the Swiza had the same problem.
My SAK collection and more: http://pocketknives.home.blog

gr Offline firiki

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Cats have pocket knives of their own
Reply #2551 on: April 04, 2017, 11:22:59 PM
The rubberised scales reminded me of a cellphone I had years ago. Whenever I pulled that thing out of my pocket it turned my pocket inside out. Very clumsy.
So I wondered if the Swiza had the same problem.

I'm wonder about the same thing -but I'm not going to buy one to find out.

Edit: I'd say flame wars aren't the MTO way, not usually at least. We can discuss differing opinions in a civilised manner.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2017, 11:48:39 PM by firiki »
Omnia vincit amor. Vae victis.

gr Offline firiki

Reply #2552 on: April 04, 2017, 11:24:00 PM
The Swiza has ruberised scales, softer than the wenger Evo versions.

Despite the negative perception/opinion from some who were offended that anybody dared to produce another SAK/did not like their advertising/jumped on the bashing bandwagon/etc. they seem to be selling well and are now a lot more widely available.Some issues were encountered with them, initially, but i do not know if they are still there, in newer production models.

It looks different and for us that have many, similar looking SAks, it adds a choice.

They may not be the product of 100 years of experience, but they are not some low quality product produced in someones basement, in a third world country, as some tend to imply.
If you are happy with LM, Gerber etc you will be happy with a Swiza
Why don't you just marry a Swiza then dks?  :D  :pok:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

The maturity bar has been raised.    :D

What's that?  :D

us Offline El Corkscrew

Reply #2553 on: April 04, 2017, 11:57:20 PM

Despite the negative perception/opinion from some who were offended that anybody dared to produce another SAK/did not like their advertising/jumped on the bashing bandwagon/etc. they seem to be selling well and are now a lot more widely available.Some issues were encountered with them, initially, but i do not know if they are still there, in newer production models.

It looks different and for us that have many, similar looking SAks, it adds a choice.

They may not be the product of 100 years of experience, but they are not some low quality product produced in someones basement, in a third world country, as some tend to imply.

Haha, don't worry, I was just commenting how Mags put his "big boy pants" on for that last comment.  :D  -  As in he increased the standard and quality of adult communication here.   :D
« Last Edit: April 05, 2017, 12:01:16 AM by El Corkscrew »
“All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure.” - Mark Twain

gr Offline firiki

Reply #2554 on: April 04, 2017, 11:59:35 PM

I was making an allusion to the fact that SWIZA advertising material refers to the products in question as Swiss knives, not SAKs   ;)  https://www.swiza.com/en/Brand/News/Press-Center/A-legend-reborn-SWIZA-reinvents-the-Swiss-Knife.html although on their website the legend does read "SWIZA - Cutlery - makers of the new swiss army knife"... then they go ahead and call them Swiss knives again https://www.swiza.com/en/Products/Swiss-Knives.html :think:

I admit I don't like (read I am mildly annoyed by) their advertising approach, i.e. trying to cash in the reputation others built while slyly trying to make said others look inferior. Not while they claim to be revolutionary yet they make a bad copy of an iconic tool such as the Victorinox can opener and botch up another useful tool such as the awl (now that's a hawler :D).

In essence, for me, they're just another bad copy of a SAK and they have a long way to cover before convincing me about the opposite.  :cheers:
« Last Edit: April 05, 2017, 12:27:21 AM by firiki »

gr Offline firiki

Reply #2555 on: April 05, 2017, 12:06:14 AM

Haha, don't worry, I was just commenting how Mags put his "big boy pants" on for that last comment.  :D

Oh, I know. I meant there's usually a... -how do I put this?- ...raised level of silliness in some threads  :whistle:

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #2556 on: April 05, 2017, 12:46:03 PM

So, I assume you are married to a Wenger then ?

By your statement i could also marry a Gerber or LM.  Have you actually used or played with a Swiza ?  Do not believe everything you read on the internet.
Kelly: "Daddy, what makes men cheat on women?
Al : "Women!"

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious
Reply #2557 on: April 05, 2017, 01:04:35 PM

By your statement i could also marry a Gerber or LM.  Have you actually used or played with a Swiza ?  Do not believe everything you read on the internet.
I would marry a Wendy  :D

I really have no axe to grind with Swiza dks, I've not even seen one so can't base an opinion on it. I was just entering into some banter but I am sorry for stepping over the line. It wasn't my intention to offend.

'Why don't you just marry ..... Insert person/object' is just a meme for when someone is keen on something that someone else isn't bothered about. My joke went wrong and ended up offending you instead of making you laugh. My apologies.  :oops:
'Use the force Harry' - Gandalf

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #2558 on: April 05, 2017, 01:12:08 PM
Seriously, i am not offended.  The word wenger (read with UK and not Germanic sounds)  was more of a joking reply.

I have only one swiza, which works well, but I know etheralister has had problems with his, so they do have issue,and their advertising claims of being better than the established brands was a bit too much.

I do, however, suggest that people try and use one/see one as for some it may be what they want - The handles are more comfortable, for me, than standard SAK handles/covers for example. My model and etheralister's were from the first batches, so newer ones should be better.
Kelly: "Daddy, what makes men cheat on women?
Al : "Women!"

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

id Offline jaya_man

• Global Moderator
Reply #2559 on: April 05, 2017, 01:55:13 PM
I hear Swiza models now have non-locking versions..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

us Offline El Corkscrew

Reply #2560 on: April 05, 2017, 05:25:54 PM

I would marry a Wendy  :D

I really have no axe to grind with Swiza dks, I've not even seen one so can't base an opinion on it. I was just entering into some banter but I am sorry for stepping over the line. It wasn't my intention to offend.

'Why don't you just marry ..... Insert person/object' is just a meme for when someone is keen on something that someone else isn't bothered about. My joke went wrong and ended up offending you instead of making you laugh. My apologies.  :oops:

I laughed!!!   :rofl:  Way to go Mags!  The way I figure, we're all just a bunch of silly knife nerds here.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2017, 05:27:03 PM by El Corkscrew »
“All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure.” - Mark Twain

id Offline jaya_man

• Global Moderator
Reply #2561 on: April 08, 2017, 05:58:43 AM
Need another cup with no sugar... I drink my Arabica and Robusta without sugar as it ruins the taste of coffee...

us Offline El Corkscrew

Reply #2562 on: April 08, 2017, 04:37:37 PM
I do wish there was a local place that had decent coffee open before 6 on the way to work.... :facepalm:
WP_20170408_07_30_52_Pro (2).jpg
* WP_20170408_07_30_52_Pro (2).jpg (Filesize: 174.85 KB)

it Offline Mini

Reply #2563 on: April 09, 2017, 02:32:44 PM
Victorinox swarovski has his first coffee :)

afterfocus_1491737716037.jpg
* afterfocus_1491737716037.jpg (Filesize: 290.92 KB)

us Offline VICMAN

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #2564 on: April 09, 2017, 04:16:37 PM
Victorinox swarovski has his first coffee :)
:like:

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious
Reply #2565 on: April 09, 2017, 04:42:11 PM
I do wish there was a local place that had decent coffee open before 6 on the way to work.... :facepalm:
Sweet serrations El_C  :salute:

us Offline El Corkscrew

Reply #2566 on: April 09, 2017, 05:45:09 PM
Sweet serrations El_C  :salute:

Thanks Mags! :cheers:

us Offline Alan K.

• Thread Killer 2019
Reply #2567 on: April 09, 2017, 11:45:54 PM
You gotta try whatever's open until you find some good coffee.  There are a number of gas stations and convenience stores around here that have pretty good Joe and they keep it fresh and hot 24 hours a day.  Even McDonald's has excellent coffee.  Of course, if you live in Podunk, where everything closes at 10 PM and doesn't open again until the sun's up, I can't help you. :twak:

us Offline El Corkscrew

Reply #2568 on: April 10, 2017, 12:03:10 AM
You gotta try whatever's open until you find some good coffee.  There are a number of gas stations and convenience stores around here that have pretty good Joe and they keep it fresh and hot 24 hours a day.  Even McDonald's has excellent coffee.  Of course, if you live in Podunk, where everything closes at 10 PM and doesn't open again until the sun's up, I can't help you. :twak:

I'm on a 15 year boycott of McSad.   I prefer to make my own brew, but I have been frequenting the Starbucks... at least their employees seem happy to work there... but it's probably just the caffeine talking.    :D :cheers:

id Offline classicrock

• With every mistake we must surely be learning
Reply #2569 on: April 11, 2017, 10:47:35 AM
Spirit Coffee

Sent from my A37f using Tapatalk

-Supported by Manager/Small Tinker/Compact/Deluxe Tinker/Spirit XC-

us Offline G-Dizzle

• No Life Club
Reply #2570 on: April 13, 2017, 01:25:49 AM

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious
Reply #2571 on: April 13, 2017, 12:37:58 PM

nl Offline Mactire404

• There's a SAK for that!
Reply #2572 on: April 13, 2017, 01:03:09 PM
Used the scissors on my Huntsman to cut open a fresh pack of coffee.
Also cut out the points thingy to save for coffee cups and such.

Coarse ground coffee for my french press coffee mug I use at work.
My SAK collection and more: http://pocketknives.home.blog

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #2573 on: April 13, 2017, 01:39:12 PM
eagerly waiting for the challenge to end

My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

id Offline jaya_man

• Global Moderator
Reply #2574 on: April 13, 2017, 01:45:04 PM
Would have posted this earlier if the forum wasn't down...

Offline Biolabob

• New User
Reply #2575 on: April 13, 2017, 02:28:39 PM

us Offline G-Dizzle

• No Life Club
Reply #2576 on: April 13, 2017, 02:41:35 PM
(Image removed from quote.)
Great scales D-Lizzle! Never seen them before  :cheers:
:hatsoff: they are a one-store special I believe.

us Offline G-Dizzle

• No Life Club
Reply #2577 on: April 13, 2017, 02:53:28 PM

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious
Reply #2578 on: April 13, 2017, 02:55:33 PM

us Offline G-Dizzle