Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Codeweavers CrossOver Plugin for FREE!

fr Offline Whoey

• Administrator
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • I am geek, hear me code
Codeweavers CrossOver Plugin for FREE!
on: October 28, 2008, 03:57:06 PM
For the linux /mac users, if you aren't aware already, today ONLY you can download an unlocked version of the CrossOver Plugin and Crossover Games, or get a serial number for them.

http://down.codeweavers.com/

CrossOver helps you install windows apps and games in linux/mac without needing windows... unfortunately due to the crazy demand the apps database is down, but I urge you to snap up a copy now! (normally it's $40 a year)
The difficult we do immediately, the impossible takes a little longer.

no Offline Medic82

• No Life Club
  • You will not laugh! You will not cry!
Re: Codeweavers CrossOver Plugin for FREE!
Reply #1 on: October 28, 2008, 06:03:39 PM
Thanks. Have been thinking about installing Linux for a while butt was a little concerned about not running the Win programs I use, butt now it’s no worries.
There is no problem that cannot be solved by the use of high explosives.

us Offline WhichDawg

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #2 on: October 29, 2008, 03:08:05 AM
thanks buddy, we got em :cheers: :tu:

fr Offline Whoey

• Administrator
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • I am geek, hear me code
Reply #3 on: October 29, 2008, 09:50:45 AM
Thanks. Have been thinking about installing Linux for a while butt was a little concerned about not running the Win programs I use, butt now it’s no worries.

crossover doesn't run everything... be sure to check the compatibility charts on the site (which is back now that the download offer is up)

I tried a few games -  Test Drive Unlimited, and Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter and managed to not get either to work... they are not on the working list anyway, but I haven't played either in ages since I switched from windows... both are well over a year old, in fact there's a GRAW2... so I thought there might be a hope that they may work. I also tried a trial WoW cd, but it also didn't work... I knew it wouldn't as the format is a bit wierd... linux seems to read the MAC format of the disk, and can't access the windows installer... I read about it somewhere, but I didn't bother past that. TDU did install completely, but the issue was with the DRM CD check... I have a valid/legit key, but it wouldn't accept/validate it... I read somewhere installing a No-cd crack would fix that... and the game does work...

The difficult we do immediately, the impossible takes a little longer.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%