Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Has anyone used Surefire's warranty?

Offline Leatherman123

• Absolutely No Life Club
Has anyone used Surefire's warranty?
on: August 14, 2008, 03:34:33 AM
I just got a SureFire 6P from a cousin and it is pretty beat up. Well, the body is mint but the tailcap won't depress and the lense is all white with some minor cracks.. So, what do you guys think?
B

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • Just Awesome! And a Slayer of Polar Bear!
Re: Has anyone used Surefire's warranty?
Reply #1 on: August 14, 2008, 10:40:52 AM
Give them a call and see what they say.  Can't hurt.
I'm back!!

us Offline hawkchucker

• No Life Club
  • I miss Benner
Reply #2 on: August 14, 2008, 10:55:23 PM
Used mine about a year ago. Dropped my G2 from about 40 feet off a catwalk. IT shattered the lens and made a cool divot in the fiberglass. Called and told them about the lens and they sent me the whole head including a bulb. They said it is easier than just sending the lens. Great people. Plus you should get some stickers!!!
S

Offline Leatherman123

Reply #3 on: August 15, 2008, 03:06:36 AM
Cool! I'm going to give them a call tomorrow! Thanks  :cheers:
B

Offline Hoghead

Reply #4 on: August 15, 2008, 03:45:07 AM
Surefire warantee is first rate, but it is much better to call than to email.

I've read that some people didn't get an answer to their emails. I have never read of any problems when you call them.

I used their warantee once. I had a L2 that was flickering. I called and then I sent it to Surefire and I got it back in about two weeks. I have read that it sometimes takes longer if the parts or the light is not being produced at the time.

Offline RichardMT

Reply #5 on: August 15, 2008, 03:01:07 PM
The clip on one of mine snapped off. I called to order more because I wanted to have plenty of spares should it happen again, I wanted to pay for them. The lady on the phone said no, they are a warranty item. I said, but I want a few of them so I will pay for them. She got my address, refused to accept payment information and soon after I got 3 clips and 3 spacers (I dont use the spacers) in the mail. Pretty good service in my book.

us Offline prime77

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: August 15, 2008, 09:27:55 PM
I used it once. I was changing my batteries in my E2D Defender and a small piece in the tailcap that holds the spring in place fell out. I was able to put it back in place and the tailcap functioned right because the batteries held it in place but I called to ask about it. The guy at SF said he would send me a new tailcap anyway. About a week later it arrived at my doorstep.
"

Offline Anthony

• No Life Club
  • Improvise.
Reply #7 on: August 16, 2008, 02:26:31 AM
Here's an odd one;

I ordered a SC1 Spares Carrier from Batteryjunction.com, and when I received it it was missing the oring!  I emailed Battjunction seeing if they could send me one, but when the guy checked the ones in stock..they were all missing the oring!

Anyways he said he had contacted Surefire and there was going to be one sent directly to me (and probably a few to batt junction).  About 2 weeks later I got the 1  oring from Surefire via UPS.
[

Offline Leatherman123

Reply #8 on: August 17, 2008, 06:29:41 AM
Well, I called them and I have to say they are TOP NOTCH! They said to send it in and they will fix the problems mentioned! The spring on the tail cap fell off too.. So, they said you need to use specialized tools to get it back on.. I am going to send it on Monday and I;ll keep you all posted!
B

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21
Site Currency: USD