Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

StreamLight Nano Light!

Offline Leatherman123

• Absolutely No Life Club
StreamLight Nano Light!
on: August 17, 2008, 07:04:32 AM
I bought one of these and it came in the mail today.. I really like it. For its size, it's WICKED bright! It blows a Photon out of the water, IMO!
B

Offline ringzero

• No Life Club
  • Spawn of Cthulhu
Re: StreamLight Nano Light!
Reply #1 on: August 17, 2008, 05:46:46 PM
I bought one of these and it came in the mail today.. I really like it. For its size, it's WICKED bright! It blows a Photon out of the water, IMO!

All of my SL Nanolights pump out more light than any of my old plastic squeeze lights.  IIRC, Nanolights have the new generation of LED (Nichia DS) that's more efficient.

In any event, Nanolights are wonderful little keychain lights that offer great bang for the buck.  Nanolights are compact, lightweight, and inexpensive enough to be carried as back up lights in first aid kits, pocket survival kits, etc.

N

Offline Styerman

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: August 18, 2008, 02:41:45 AM
Gotta check one out,I was wondering how they stacked up against the photon.

Chris

Offline Leatherman123

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #3 on: August 18, 2008, 02:43:41 AM
I don't know if it's really ten lumens though.. But nevertheless it is a bright little light!
B

Offline ringzero

• No Life Club
  • Spawn of Cthulhu
Reply #4 on: August 18, 2008, 05:12:07 AM
I don't know if it's really ten lumens though.. But nevertheless it is a bright little light!

I guesstimate they really are about 10 lumens, but only on fresh cells.  Of course, like most button cell lights, that outupt starts declining immediately after turn on.

It'll probably decline to 5 lumens after 30 minutes of constant running, then decline much, much more slowly down to 1 lumen over several hours of constant running.

Even 1 lumen from a keychain light can still be useful - probably enough light to walk a trail in a pinch.

However, when the output gets that low you might want to think about putting in some fresh cells - unless you're a really cheap smurf like me.  ;>

N

Offline crls1

• I do Exist!!!!
Reply #5 on: September 05, 2008, 06:45:32 AM
Just got two of this, and they're bright!

Carlos
(

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $168.99
PayPal Fees: $9.87
Net Balance: $159.12
Below Goal: $140.88