Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Treasure trove or trashy tools?

ro Offline Corwyn

• No Life Club
Treasure trove or trashy tools?
on: September 30, 2015, 09:24:13 AM
I found this guy with two interesting things on a Romanian ad site. Anyone know if these are a good deal or a waste of pennies on China knock-offs?

This seems to be a Chinese Tough Tool... I heard some bad reviews but I could use something to put in my car trunk and 11 Euros is a good price for Romania for a new tool, but is it a Geniune Schrade? The sheath looks atrocious even for Taylor Brands standard.
http://olx.ro/oferta/trusa-multifunctionala-nefolosita-schrade-touch-pret-50-ron-ID4y93O.html#4502f8b54c

A Jungle King 2 knife. It does seem to say Aitor so it would be an amazing buy for 11 Euros. It also looks old and beat-up enough to precede most modern copies... however... it is one the most copied knives ever...
http://olx.ro/oferta/cutit-jungle-king-2-second-poza-reala-pret-50-ron-ID4z2ga.html#8a246d9cfe

The rest of this guy's ads are a mix of new Chinese, cheapo junky knives and some real vintage military gear.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2015, 09:26:25 AM by Corwyn »
Corwyn of Multitool, the First of His name, King of Victorinox, King of Leatherman, Gerber and the First Generation SOG, Lord of the Seven Wrenches, Protector of the Forum, Khal of the Bushes, called Corwyn Toolborn, the Unsharpened, Father of SAKs.

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Re: Treasure trove or trashy tools?
Reply #1 on: September 30, 2015, 10:44:45 AM
I had the same version of jungleking2 mine actually said aitor on the cap,very solid knife,wish i never sold mine now  :-\

au Offline gregozedobe

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Apparently it is possible to have too many tools;)
Reply #2 on: September 30, 2015, 01:02:14 PM
I found this guy with two interesting things on a Romanian ad site. Anyone know if these are a good deal or a waste of pennies on China knock-offs?

This seems to be a Chinese Tough Tool... I heard some bad reviews but I could use something to put in my car trunk and 11 Euros is a good price for Romania for a new tool, but is it a Geniune Schrade? The sheath looks atrocious even for Taylor Brands standard.
http://olx.ro/oferta/trusa-multifunctionala-nefolosita-schrade-touch-pret-50-ron-ID4y93O.html#4502f8b54c

It looks like a "genuine made in China Schrade Tough Tool" to me, which means it is a waste of pennies.  Quality (and strength) nose-dived sharply when Taylor bought the brand and changed to China manufacture.  China can produce excellent tools, but sadly this isn't one of them.
babola: "Enjoy your tools and don't be afraid to air your opinion and feelings here, but do it in courteous and respectable way toward others, of course."

ro Offline Corwyn

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: September 30, 2015, 01:19:53 PM
Thanks for the feedback guys. I'll only get the Schrade tool if he sells it for around 5 Euros - I mean how bad can it be?  ::)

For the Aitor... you reckon it's the real deal? I never saw on the Internet an exact replica of this one... Oso Negro was perfectly duplicated but for the Jungle King I only saw copies that didn't have Aitor marked on the blade...
Corwyn of Multitool, the First of His name, King of Victorinox, King of Leatherman, Gerber and the First Generation SOG, Lord of the Seven Wrenches, Protector of the Forum, Khal of the Bushes, called Corwyn Toolborn, the Unsharpened, Father of SAKs.

ro Offline Corwyn

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: October 01, 2015, 09:37:47 AM
Hm... bought both for 18 USD shipped.
I think it's a pretty good deal as I am 90% sure the Aitor is legit...

Crossfingers...

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $168.99
PayPal Fees: $9.87
Net Balance: $159.12
Below Goal: $140.88
Site Currency: USD
53%