Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Lego Is Awesome

Mercury · 1574 · 64045

00 Offline kirk13

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Re: Lego Is Awesome
Reply #90 on: October 27, 2015, 10:04:14 AM
I've been checking out some prices, my goodness I thought my sons newest set was expensive, but the Hogwarts Castle from Harry Potter is nearly $600!!

Careful,you'll get muggled >:D
There is no beginning,or ending,and for this we are thankful,cos now is hard enough to understand!

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #91 on: October 27, 2015, 10:07:24 AM
I've been checking out some prices, my goodness I thought my sons newest set was expensive, but the Hogwarts Castle from Harry Potter is nearly $600!!

Careful,you'll get muggled >:D

:pommel:

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #92 on: October 27, 2015, 02:47:52 PM
mystery packs must be both frustrating and disappointing for kids, especially if they end up getting the same couple figures over and over...

I went into a toy shop in Weymouth where the boy who worked there knew what was in each packet by feeling them  :D we got 4 packets,he got everyone spot on  :tu:

fr Offline Whoey

• Administrator
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • I am geek, hear me code
Reply #93 on: October 27, 2015, 09:10:00 PM
The difficult we do immediately, the impossible takes a little longer.

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Reply #94 on: October 28, 2015, 05:29:57 PM

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

us Offline Lynn LeFey

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Any tool is better than nothing. Some not by much
Reply #95 on: October 28, 2015, 05:44:22 PM
Alright, I'm super smurfing mad.

I have only been waiting like 30 years for a Lego TARDIS. An official set gets released next week. And as part of the 'Dimensions' video game. For $30 SMURFING bucks!

Smurf that! As neat as I think it is, I'm not dropping $30 on a TARDIS, Dr. Who minifig, and K9.

:rant:

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #96 on: October 28, 2015, 06:03:39 PM

I have only been waiting like 30 years for a Lego TARDIS. An official set gets released next week. And as part of the 'Dimensions' video game. For $30 SMURFING bucks!

Smurf that! As neat as I think it is, I'm not dropping $30 on a TARDIS, Dr. Who minifig, and K9.

I read this and thought "$30 for a Lego kit isn't too extreme".  Then I looked it up and saw how small it is. 

Of course you could argue that it's absolutely huge on the inside. ;)
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

us Offline Lynn LeFey

Reply #97 on: October 28, 2015, 07:06:59 PM
I read this and thought "$30 for a Lego kit isn't too extreme".  Then I looked it up and saw how small it is. 

Of course you could argue that it's absolutely huge on the inside. ;)

:rofl:

us Offline ironraven

• No Life Club
  • American Clandestine Materials Executive (ACME)
Reply #98 on: October 29, 2015, 03:38:08 AM
Lynn, do not give up all hope. Lego keeps the build directions for every set in the last 20 years or so on their website, but since this doesn't look like it is officiall released until the 3rd. So, on the 4th, they should have the building directions for item 71204 up, and look at the parts list. Then build your own. :P

"Even if it is only the handful of people I meet on the street, or in my home, I can still protect them with this one sword" Kenshin Himura

Necessity is the mother of invention. If you're not ready, it's "a mother". If you are, it's "mom".

"I love democracy" Sheev Palpatine, upon his election to Chancellor.

00 Offline kirk13

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #99 on: October 29, 2015, 09:45:04 AM

Ah,but which Doctor?
There is no beginning,or ending,and for this we are thankful,cos now is hard enough to understand!

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #100 on: October 29, 2015, 09:55:58 AM
"Invest in Lego, it's better than gold: Toy kits have gone up in value by 12% on average since 2000 while gold has risen by 9.6% "

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3294430/Invest-Lego-s-better-gold-Toy-kits-gone-value-12-average-2000-gold-risen-9-6.html#ixzz3pwfwbcCz
Kelly: "Daddy, what makes men cheat on women?
Al : "Women!"

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

fr Offline Whoey

• Administrator
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #101 on: October 29, 2015, 10:27:09 AM
"Invest in Lego, it's better than gold: Toy kits have gone up in value by 12% on average since 2000 while gold has risen by 9.6% "

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3294430/Invest-Lego-s-better-gold-Toy-kits-gone-value-12-average-2000-gold-risen-9-6.html#ixzz3pwfwbcCz
That might be sound advice, but who can actually buy a kit and not want to put it together (thus decreasing the value)  :pok: :ahhh :P

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #102 on: October 29, 2015, 10:58:19 AM
That is why you should avoid multitools and knives in blister packs - if you play with them, even a bit, then you can not sell them as new in box.

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

fr Offline Whoey

• Administrator
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #103 on: October 29, 2015, 11:33:28 AM
That is why you should avoid multitools and knives in blister packs - if you play with them, even a bit, then you can not sell them as new in box.
Bluster packs are pure evil. I bought a bunch of stuff for an IT job I'm working on ATM and once I got home I reduced the footprint by about 90% just by throwing away the blister packaging...  :facepalm:

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #104 on: October 29, 2015, 11:44:09 AM
I have some really cool items that i would like to play with, even once, but if I do they will not be collectible any more.....  :facepalm:

Well done to Victorinox for putting their alox knives in a paper box.

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #105 on: October 29, 2015, 12:20:23 PM
How can this thread have gone this long without this?

EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #106 on: October 29, 2015, 12:24:32 PM
Lego art is a thing. Many people have made impressive pieces of work with it, like the guy that recently presented a model of the Vatican.

There's also this French guy who made some cute scenes using Lego, I can't make out the name, it's on the pics.

(Image removed from quote.)

Man who would have thought AT-ATs could be so cute

Sounds like you have yet to see this one....

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline Mercury

• Admin Team
  • Wearer of the Cloak of Band-aye-eed.
Reply #107 on: October 29, 2015, 12:51:32 PM
EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!   :rofl:  We sing that song in my house pretty much daily.  Mix that with Big Hero 6 quotes and you have my son's entire vocabulary. 

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #108 on: October 29, 2015, 04:25:26 PM
So do we.

One morning a few weeks ago I was out in the yard with the dogs while Megan was getting ready for work.  One of the TV's had been left on, so I pulled up the above video and sent it to the Chromecast on the TV.  Megan was alone in the house and suddenly the TV springs to life with EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

We still laugh about it.

Def

us Offline Lynn LeFey

Reply #109 on: October 29, 2015, 04:43:22 PM
EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!   :rofl:  We sing that song in my house pretty much daily.  Mix that with Big Hero 6 quotes and you have my son's entire vocabulary.

"Hairy baby!" :D

I did not want to be the one that posted 'Everything is Awesome'. Hubby wishes my demise every time I play it... or mention it. I don't think he gets the humor of it.

Kirk, the lego set has the 12th doctor.

Also, I am absolutely SHOCKED that a thread on these boards would wander into discussions of multitools. :D

us Offline ironraven

• No Life Club
  • American Clandestine Materials Executive (ACME)
Reply #110 on: October 30, 2015, 01:30:03 AM
Also, I am absolutely SHOCKED that a thread on these boards would wander into discussions of multitools. :D

Recreation is a key to civilization. Toys are a tool, not just for small children- even if your toys are trashcans that you toss in the air with a home made air cannon. Not only are they group bonding tool, the socialization is a general purpose "network" event. And Legos are comparatively cheap, fast, versatile model building tools, so the Lego itself, and not just the side effects of "play", is a multipurpose tool.

"Even if it is only the handful of people I meet on the street, or in my home, I can still protect them with this one sword" Kenshin Himura

Necessity is the mother of invention. If you're not ready, it's "a mother". If you are, it's "mom".

"I love democracy" Sheev Palpatine, upon his election to Chancellor.

ph Offline Zephon

Reply #111 on: October 30, 2015, 01:56:59 AM

Recreation is a key to civilization. Toys are a tool, not just for small children- even if your toys are trashcans that you toss in the air with a home made air cannon. Not only are they group bonding tool, the socialization is a general purpose "network" event. And Legos are comparatively cheap, fast, versatile model building tools, so the Lego itself, and not just the side effects of "play", is a multipurpose tool.

I don't know if it also happened to you guys but it was in playing with Lego when I was a little kid that I realized that there's a need for tools outside of your teeth.   :climber:

....and now here were are.... :drink:

oh, everything is awesome indeed!
harder-than-splitting-an-atom.jpg
* harder-than-splitting-an-atom.jpg (Filesize: 35 KB)
002_zps3b0c09b5.jpg
* 002_zps3b0c09b5.jpg (Filesize: 87.74 KB)

us Offline Mercury

• Admin Team
  • Wearer of the Cloak of Band-aye-eed.
Reply #112 on: October 30, 2015, 02:47:34 AM
So do we.

One morning a few weeks ago I was out in the yard with the dogs while Megan was getting ready for work.  One of the TV's had been left on, so I pulled up the above video and sent it to the Chromecast on the TV.  Megan was alone in the house and suddenly the TV springs to life with EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

We still laugh about it.

Def

:rofl:

That's hilarious!  I can totally see her reaction, funny!  If I had chromecast I'd do that to my wife. 

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #113 on: October 30, 2015, 03:26:06 PM
How can this thread have gone this long without this?

EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Def

No-one else was going to be that cruel. :twak:  I've now got it stuck in my head for the next week, AND I DIDN'T EVEN HAVE TO LISTEN TO THE SONG!! :ahhh
« Last Edit: October 30, 2015, 03:29:32 PM by Gareth »
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

fr Offline Whoey

• Administrator
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #114 on: October 30, 2015, 04:06:57 PM
Everything is Blocksome!  :whistle:

>:D

us Offline Lynn LeFey

Reply #115 on: October 30, 2015, 04:10:17 PM
"I feel more awesome than an awesome possum!"

Which reminds me.

Here in North America, we have opossums. O-possums. But where I come from, the native (redneck) dialect, NO ONE pronounces the beginning 'o'. It's just 'possum'. Then i see an article the other day 'Baby possum cuddles toy kangaroo' and i'm thinking there's a journalist who needs a better editor.

Nope. It's actually a Possum, not an Opossum. And yes, there's a difference. So, Australia and New Zealand get cute pokemon looking things called 'possums'. We North Americans get things that look like smurfing dire plague rats from the deepest bowels of hell.

TOTALLY unfair.

Yours...

OURS...
« Last Edit: October 30, 2015, 04:12:23 PM by Lynn LeFey »

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #116 on: October 30, 2015, 08:48:35 PM
There had to be ONE thing in Australia that doesn't actively try to kill you.....

Def

us Offline Lynn LeFey

Reply #117 on: October 30, 2015, 08:56:29 PM
There had to be ONE thing in Australia that doesn't actively try to kill you.....

Def

I guess that's true.  :rofl:

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #118 on: October 30, 2015, 09:12:56 PM
Zoid   :D

us Offline charlie fox

Reply #119 on: October 30, 2015, 09:17:49 PM
My grandson s at Legoland in California right now and by the looks of it everything IS awesome - at least he thinks so :woohoo:
"Never pick a fight with an old man. If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you."

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%