Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Essential survivor chest rig

us Offline CQC-7

• No Life Club
  • Right Wing Psychopath!
Essential survivor chest rig
on: February 23, 2007, 12:30:27 AM
Has anyone ever visited the Survivalsheath website?  www.survivalsheath.com.  It is pretty cool.  They make custom kydex sheaths for darn near anything.  I have a specific interest in the essential survivor chest rig.  It costs $99 but I am almost willing to pay that for such a neat product.  You get a kydex chest sheath a locking vic folder with a microlight and a flint and steel.  You have all your needed camping tools in one place and it is easily accessable.  Anyone have one of these?  I am going to see if I can get one made for my vic rescue tool when it arrives it would really come in handy for stream fly fishing where most of your gear is carried in your pockets.  This keeps it up and out of the way.  Really cool or so I think.

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Re: Essential survivor chest rig
Reply #1 on: February 23, 2007, 04:35:33 AM
Is this the rig you're talking about?

I agree, it would be a nice set-up for use while wading.

chest rig.jpg
* chest rig.jpg (Filesize: 25.64 KB)
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

us Offline CQC-7

• No Life Club
  • Right Wing Psychopath!
Reply #2 on: February 23, 2007, 03:27:46 PM
Yes J-sews that is the one.  I kind of like it.  For my uses if I end up getting one I think I will attach a leatherman squirt by way of a gear keeper retractor so that I have a small set of pliers for removing hooks.  In addition to the small light I think I would also add a "spy capsule" for matches and a few asprin etc... 

ar Offline mcniac

• Administrator
  • Don't Panic!
Reply #3 on: February 23, 2007, 03:56:20 PM
IMHO this is knida pricy, i think this is a great idea for a DIY project, some webbing, some snap on hooks a kydex sheath (made by eric from OST if you don't want to make em yourself) and that's it. also if you manage to no use any snap hooks you can have a nice chest harness atthe same time ;)

Esteban

us Offline CQC-7

• No Life Club
  • Right Wing Psychopath!
Reply #4 on: February 24, 2007, 05:50:14 PM
Yeah, I know it is very pricey.  I do not think that I am skilled enough in webgear that I could make one for myself.  Then again, my sheath making endevour a few months back yielded great results.  I even perfected a calf rig for my V-42 stiletto which I gave to one of my friends because I dont usually carry a boot knife. :)  More like never carry a boot knife.

us Offline BIG-TARGET

• No Life Club
  • "Survival must be earned"-Klingon Proverb
Reply #5 on: March 07, 2007, 04:41:36 PM
If they added a mini-kit pouch, that could work  ???
"Some rise by sin, and some by virtue fall;
 Some run from breaks of ice, and answer none:
 And some condemned for a fault alone." -William Shakespeare, King Lear (1608), Act IV, scene 6, line 169

us Offline CQC-7

• No Life Club
  • Right Wing Psychopath!
Reply #6 on: March 07, 2007, 08:18:59 PM
A mini kit pouch would be a cool addition.  I know that survivalsheath makes an ankle rig with a pocket for various kit like materials.  I have a Galco ankle safe that I use when I am mountain biking to hold some cash my ID and a folding knife (usually a SAK).  However, if I was trampleing through the woods, I like the idea of having a few things higher up just in case I have to wade through a stream or somthing.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%