Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Initiated another SAK fan.

Offline Styerman

• No Life Club
on: November 17, 2015, 07:02:25 PM
I was at my Lawyer's office transacting bussiness , he noticed my Vic. Rescue ( pretty hard not to in that gaudy sheath) . He played with it for a few minutes , love at first sight .

Couple of weeks later , I presented him with one , went straight onto the belt !

Then , I showed him my Cybertool 41 .

Think we evangelized another  convert . I'm gonna grab him a Spirit when opportunity presents . His early Leatherman looks like it needs a rest .

This is no ordinary Lawyer , Dude has fifteen years service in the Reserves . In all Canada's wars the Reserveshave Bourne a heavy load .

Chris

bavaria Offline Tomcat_81

Re: Initiated another SAK fan.
Reply #1 on: November 17, 2015, 07:20:05 PM
 :climber:
Oh yeah, brother!
Quite a lot of people around me have a small MiniChamp now. And love it. Even more are cutting their veggies with the sensational Victorinox kitchen knives (those with serrations). And almost all people who know me also know where to find a pocketknife when they need it ;-)

Tomcat
Sent from my Boconcept sofa, using the 'post'-button

Owing a beer to Whoey since 2016

00 Offline Caranthanus

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: November 17, 2015, 08:42:04 PM
Another soul saved :tu: Glory to SAK! :D

us Offline cody6268

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #3 on: November 19, 2015, 12:47:32 AM
I'm a Vic convert myself. I think the Swiss Army Knife is better than many other multitools out there.  Ten years ago, a friend of mine showed me his Explorer (which was an old mag variant if I remember correctly).  Well, a few months later, I bought a Fieldmaster. 

I am the only person in my family to actually who has regularly carried a Swiss Army Knife.   My father has a Leatherman, but typically carries a simple Boker scout knife he's had for ages.   My (now deceased, sadly) great-uncle had several SAKs, but never carried any of them.   My great grandfather had a Pioneer that was never used.    My grandfather has a Colonial Scout knife (back when they were copying Victorinox) and an Imperial Leatherman clone (which are now mine, by the way, and have been since my pre-SAK days).  The Imperial spent most of its time in a tractor toolbox, and the Colonial is in bad shape, but my grandfather says the knife came into his possesion that way.  My great-grandfather on my grandfather's side had an inexpensive little Victorinox-clone fishing knife he carried a lot in addition to his old Case.  My grandfather now has the old Case, and my great-grandmother gave me that little fishing knife.

« Last Edit: November 19, 2015, 12:48:41 AM by cody6268 »

us Offline cbl51

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: November 19, 2015, 01:24:49 AM
In the past, I've used the little Vic classic as a gateway drug on members of my family. Ihad some non knife carrying family that were always asking, "Hey, can I borrow your knife?"

One Christmas I bought almost all the stick of classics from the local 'mart. I used them as stocking stuffers and the non knife people got used to having the little sharp knife on their keyring. They not only got used to a knife, but they got used to the few tools on the classic like the scissors and the SD tip on the nail file. A few of them actually went on to get bigger SAK's on their own.
Don't get too serious, just enough will do.

us Offline BASguy

Reply #5 on: November 19, 2015, 03:41:48 AM
In all Canada's wars the Reserves Have Bourne a heavy load .

Chris

Canada's war's?  LOL

Sent from 9 miles from the face of the sun

hr Offline kari_sak

Reply #6 on: November 19, 2015, 03:59:24 AM
Spreading the gospel!  :angel:

us Offline cbl51

• No Life Club
Reply #7 on: November 19, 2015, 04:35:11 AM
Spreading the gospel!  :angel:

One SAK at a time!
Don't get too serious, just enough will do.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%