Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Did you put EDC to work today?

Offline Anthony

• No Life Club
  • Improvise.
Re: Did you put EDC to work today?
Reply #30 on: September 04, 2008, 04:02:53 AM
Used my Skeletool CX for the first time today (got it yesterday).  Maybe I'm used to my Spyderco, but the blade is kind of uncomfortable to get out, but after some graphite lube it's getting better...I'm sure it will wear in with use.

Anyways I used the screwdriver on it to remove my CD radio bracket in my car...I expected it to be awkward but I used it in the L shape and it worked great!  Also used the pliers to peel off some duct tape that held the antenna cable the the frame of the car :)
[

Offline cgk

• No Life Club
Reply #31 on: September 04, 2008, 05:44:05 AM
j-sews had a tip for de-sticking the Skeletool.  If you search for it you should find it.  I did it and it makes a big difference.

Offline jdailey4206966

• America- Love it or leave it, but don't bleed it!!
Reply #32 on: September 07, 2008, 01:49:05 AM
Almost every day! I am always using it, and so is my boss at work, think he needs to get his own though :D
J

Offline Anthony

• No Life Club
  • Improvise.
Reply #33 on: October 08, 2008, 04:58:31 AM
Was geared up all day at work and didn't use a damn thing until I got home and opened a can of Manwich with my Vic Soldier :D
[

us Offline Splat

Reply #34 on: October 08, 2008, 06:29:02 AM
Manwich... oh man, I remember that stuff. I prefer the real deal, not the canned stuff, but it still ain't bad. Better than k-rats!  :o 

Ok, today I used my Cybertool 34's pliers to disengage a rusted nut on a lawnmower. They open up pretty good. I just was able to get the end-most teeth on her but that was enough to get her moving. Used the phillips/driver to remove a bolt from some shelving on my p/t job. We're already putting up Christmas stuff. Friggin' retail.  >:(   Used both the big and small knives to cut open some zip ties and other junk. Used the awl to punch out a frozen bolt within a piece of tubing. I was going to use the eyeglass driver but when I saw it was bigger than that I thought of the awl. It handled that just fine. I gotta tell you, I love having all these tools but without the weight of a full-dress multi. I'm lovin' my SAK.  :cheers:
Splat

Offline Anthony

• No Life Club
  • Improvise.
Reply #35 on: October 09, 2008, 01:07:37 AM
Manwich... oh man, I remember that stuff. I prefer the real deal, not the canned stuff, but it still ain't bad. Better than k-rats!  :o 

I don't even know how to make what that Manwich sauce represents :think:  Tomato sause, peppers, tabasco...what else is in it? 

Back on topic for a minute :D

Been EDCing my Powerlock the past few days..glad I did.  The compound leverage really came in handy when I was turning two long rusty bolts out of a brick wall (they once held up a sign).

Pulled and pryed some big box staples out of the staple gun with the SOG to...plier heads twisted a good quarter inch out of place and still worked like new.
[

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $168.99
PayPal Fees: $9.87
Net Balance: $159.12
Below Goal: $140.88
Site Currency: USD