Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Are SWIZA knives SAKs?

Grathr · 126 · 10880

Poll

Are SWIZA knives SAKs?

Yes
18 (31.6%)
No
24 (42.1%)
Sacrilege! they should not even be in the Swiss Army Knights forum!
15 (26.3%)

Total Members Voted: 55

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • I may get older but I refuse to grow up.
Re: Are SWIZA knives SAKs?
Reply #120 on: December 05, 2015, 07:11:33 PM
Not me. Check again. ;)

I neither have the United Woods nor did I ever contact you about anything else then to stop spamming the forum and advertising for free. :salute: I'm sure you remember that.

By the words in the email however it sounds a lot like tosh/Nick from the UK might have sent you that.

fr Offline jcfiguet

Reply #121 on: December 05, 2015, 07:19:13 PM
Not me. Check again. ;)

I neither have the United Woods nor did I ever contact you about anything else then to stop spamming the forum and advertising for free. :salute: I'm sure you remember that.

By the words in the email however it sounds a lot like tosh/Nick from the UK might have sent you that.

In that case, I'm sorry it was probably an homonymous... It's not really important.

And feel free to banish me for spamming the forum and advertising if you want.

gr Offline firiki

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Cats have pocket knives of their own
Reply #122 on: December 05, 2015, 08:57:05 PM
:think:

Sooo, an Opinel knife is a Laguiole knife and a piece of Brie is a piece of Reblochon...or was it the other way round?  :ahhh

At least, this is the conclusion I come to by following JC's reasoning on Swiss AOC (Appellation d'origine contrôlée) --> if it was made in Switzerland then it's a SAK.

Do Vacheron Constantin wrissmurfches count as SAKs?   ???
Omnia vincit amor. Vae victis.

us Offline BASguy

Reply #123 on: December 05, 2015, 08:59:37 PM

I am getting tired of seeing this topic over and over (while I casually refresh the site to see how close I am to winning Harley's Surge  ::) ). We'll end up locking threads one by one.  :-\

I am tired of people riding on the Swiss Army name and logo coat tails... am I'm not speaking about the Chinese knock-offs only, but also: Royalty Line, Swiss Tech, Swiss Bianco, Aitor, Pradel, Century, Hanova, Ellehammer and now this "thing".

What is a sak is debatable, is a Vic GAK a SAK, a Vic Classic, a Vic Hunter Pro, a Vic Spirit, a Vic Baker's knife, an Adler GAK, an Amefa DAK, a Wenger BusinessTool? It really is up to the members of a community to choose and this one (probably the most versed in this) decided 4 to 1 about this issue.

I do not find Swiza to be a proper competitor for Vic, it looks like a step back in every direction... if I want a more modern version of the SAK idea, I'd get a Boker/SRM or an Emerson.

I meant to get a Swiza second hand to try for a bit and put in the Wenger collection and keep for next year after they go bankrupt as well, but my mild disinterest has turned to sheer distaste for this subpar toy due to these discussions...

The true test of SUK-iness will come soon. If it is considered a true SAK by the Swiss Government and by Vic, they will buy them out again, after they go under again....

Seems like a good enough reason to go buy a Swiza now

Sent from 9 miles from the face of the sun

fr Offline jcfiguet

Reply #124 on: December 05, 2015, 09:02:56 PM
:think:

Sooo, an Opinel knife is a Laguiole knife and a piece of Brie is a piece of Reblochon...or was it the other way round?  :ahhh

At least, this is the conclusion I come to by following JC's reasoning on Swiss AOC (Appellation d'origine contrôlée) --> if it was made in Switzerland then it's a SAK.

Do Vacheron Constantin wrissmurfches count as SAKs?   ???

Blah, blah, blah...

What is a SAK ?

00 Offline kirk13

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #125 on: December 05, 2015, 10:40:38 PM
This has gone on long enough.

The topic is locked.
There is no beginning,or ending,and for this we are thankful,cos now is hard enough to understand!

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%