Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Anyone else here into vaping?

us Offline jerseydevil

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Join us! Embrace the Flicky Faith!
Anyone else here into vaping?
on: November 22, 2015, 04:21:00 AM
I've been trying vaping lately, getting into it slowly.  It's really cut down my cigarette consumption, that's for sure.  In the past 48 hours I've had five cigarettes, which is nothing for me.  :tu:  Here are my two setups:

The Aspire on the right was my first vape, and it's a nice setup.  30w, air flow control, nice to use.  The Nebox on the right is only two days old, but I'm in love with it already.  It's got a 10mL internal tank, temperature control, and a variable wattage from 15w to 60w.  I've found that 40w is perfect, nice flavor and a satisfying hit of vapor.  Anyone else into it? 
There's no such thing as "Too pretty to carry".  There's only "Too pretty NOT to carry"...... >:D

gb Offline AimlessWanderer

• Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not a pessimist, I'm an experienced optimist!
Re: Anyone else here into vaping?
Reply #1 on: November 22, 2015, 04:29:11 AM
I use it in fits and starts, but I don't have any staying power with it. I find that if I use it a lot, it sits heavier on my chest than smoking would. I do use it in areas/situations where I can't smoke, or where it would be difficult for some reason to go out for a smoke. It doesn't completely quench my smoking urges, but does help stave them off a bit. I find that mixing it up with a bit of nasal snuff (but not double dosing) helps a lot more.

However, I've got a friend who tried it (who was a heavier smoker than me) and he switched straight away. He'll cadge the occasional cig off me when we meet up, but he's far happier being a vaper than a smoker

The cantankerous but occasionally useful member, formally known as 50ft-trad

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #2 on: November 22, 2015, 11:36:25 PM
Looks like it might be just me and you, Tom  :D

us Offline captain spaulding

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
Reply #3 on: November 23, 2015, 12:05:42 AM
I'm not into it, but I know a lot of people that are. I also know a lot of people (not personally)  ::) like to vape the wacky tabbacy now a days.

I personally still want a cig after vaping so its pointless to me.

I also have a personal opinion that vaping is just as bad if not worse for you than regular cigs. Their is little to no data on the harm of vaping and they are using new and untested chemicals in the "liquid". Its cig's all over again. Back in the day people did not know/think cig's were bad and smoked away. Now we know different. I think its the same with vaping. We think its a "healthier" alternative, but in 20 years from now we are going to say "wow, how could we be so dumb"?

I am definitely not saying you should not vape or its for sure worse. All i'm saying is it could be worse and smoking anything is bad.  :D Now i'm off to smoke a cig (all 7000 chemicals) straight to the lungs.  :rofl:
I'm the milk man!

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #4 on: November 23, 2015, 12:16:31 AM
Well I've been sticking dried powdered tobacco up my nose for most of the evening, which is supposedly more healthy (less harmful) than vaping and smoking, and I'm still gagging for a cig  :D

us Offline captain spaulding

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
Reply #5 on: November 23, 2015, 12:18:12 AM
Well I've been sticking dried powdered tobacco up my nose for most of the evening, which is supposedly more healthy (less harmful) than vaping and smoking, and I'm still gagging for a cig  :D

Oh man. Hard core. I don't mess with snuff.

Well I never had the chance to be honest.
I'm the milk man!

Offline stepheng732

• New User
Reply #6 on: November 23, 2015, 12:37:11 AM
I've been vaping 2 years now, in the UK, so choice of vapours not as good as USA ,I been using the cf maxx with aspire kit on top,its massive and I get loads of looks when I'm out with it so I use it indoors now only, its a 50 w unit, loads of vapour and really good drag I only have the dial halfway on the bottom of unit,that's enough for me, so just got my outdoors vapour kit which is a MVP 20W and I think it is really good and adjustable, tells you how many vapes you've took, adjustable voltage also, and able to charge your phone if you need to,
I've tried all the flavours, and I keep coming back to a flavour imitating Benson and hedges cigarettes, called gold and silver, I usually use 18ml strength, love it and we never touch a cigarette again in my life.

from my nexus using Tapatalk

us Offline NKlamerus

• No Life Club
  • Captain's Apprentice
Reply #7 on: November 23, 2015, 12:37:20 AM
The shop in the strip next to use makes the vape liquids, bottles them, mixes them, etc....

There HAS to be a reason that 22 out of their 24 employees smoke cigs instead of vaping.

us Offline jerseydevil

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #8 on: November 23, 2015, 01:49:56 AM
The shop in the strip next to use makes the vape liquids, bottles them, mixes them, etc....

There HAS to be a reason that 22 out of their 24 employees smoke cigs instead of vaping.

The employees at my local vape shop are always blowing clouds of vapor when I go in.  Their customer service is excellent.  There always seems to be someone in there buying a bottle of liquid with no nicotine. :think:  What's the point of that?
There's no such thing as "Too pretty to carry".  There's only "Too pretty NOT to carry"...... >:D

us Offline sLaughterMed

• No Life Club
  • Nothing's typical around here
Reply #9 on: November 23, 2015, 07:14:14 PM

The employees at my local vape shop are always blowing clouds of vapor when I go in.  Their customer service is excellent.  There always seems to be someone in there buying a bottle of liquid with no nicotine. :think:  What's the point of that?
Gives their mouth something oto do I suppose.  Like chewing gum, or on a toothpick.
I vaped for a hot second while working at a call center. My friend had left me with all his vape stuff when he went to Basic, and it gave me an excuse to hang out outside and talk during breaks. I stopped when mrs. sLaughter caught pneumonia and I was forced to quit that awful job. Still have all the stuff for it in a cabinet.
Laughter is the best Medicine
Slaughter is just Laughter with an "S"

We are looking for Multitool Encyclopedia Editors! If you are interested, please give me a PM!

The Multitool Encyclopedia Editing for Dummies Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65751.0.html
Multitool Encyclopedia Suggested Edits Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65746.0.html

gr Offline kkokkolis

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Τετραφάρμακος
Reply #10 on: November 23, 2015, 07:42:18 PM
I'm into my 5th year. Nobacco Mas 30 and Mas, with a few backups from recent past. Used with Aspire now. I make my own liquids, 8mg for coffee and 4mg throughout the day, Lattakia is my favorite, also Burley, Virginia, Tuscan and rarely Cherry, usually 3%, with 40% Vegetable Glycerin and 52% Propylenoglycol, the rest is water. 10ml/day and no cigarette is my norm but I had periods of 1-2 cigarettes per day. I am a vape fanatic. I gained 10 years in physical condition (sex too). I don't smell, my mouth isn't dry and bitter, I work and fly and do my hobbies without worries and intermissions. I'm going to die with a form of e-pipe in my mouth (the then model, I hope it will be an advanced model of 2068 or later) and I hope my wife will remove it in order to give me a last kiss. Vade vapem.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2015, 07:43:48 PM by kkokkolis »

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #11 on: November 23, 2015, 07:54:19 PM
I took it up two months ago and within a few days it had taken over from smoking completely.   I will admit to having tried a e-cig before and it did nothing for me, but trying a clearomiser and 650mah battery set-up made all the difference.  Now using a Kangertech Mini Protank 3 and 2000mah cell.
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

us Offline jerseydevil

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #12 on: November 23, 2015, 08:08:33 PM
I'm really liking the Nebox so far.  It's nice and compact, and no tank protruding from the top to worry about.  The internal tank is huge, 10mL!  Cleaning it to switch flavors might be a bit of a pain, haven't tried it.  Right now I'm running it at 40W, not bothering with temperature control right now since I don't know the first thing about it.  I'm using 6mg fluid, my favorite so far being Thunderstruck by a company called Gemini Vapes.  I've had two cigarettes so far today, gotta say that vaping is working!  :tu:

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #13 on: November 23, 2015, 08:31:47 PM
6mg?!  Wow, that's light.  I don't know what your regs are, but if you want it to provide nicotine like a smoke I'd definitely look at something stronger if I were you.  However if it's working for you then why not. :shrug:
2015-11-23 19.20.51.jpg
* 2015-11-23 19.20.51.jpg (Filesize: 64.54 KB)

pt Offline Ricardomfs

Reply #14 on: November 23, 2015, 11:50:41 PM
Get back to my old kangertech emow, and cigarettes are being less and less, I have a deal with my girl give up onsmoking till the end of the year, know using 6mg liquide and is quite doing is job, let's see!
uploadfromtaptalk1448319010201.jpg
* uploadfromtaptalk1448319010201.jpg (Filesize: 71.59 KB)

us Offline Alan K.

• Thread Killer 2019
Reply #15 on: November 24, 2015, 01:35:46 PM
I'm glad if these things are helping some of you guys to quit smoking, but I am concerned that some people are taking up vaping as a hobby itself, instead of just as a means to quit tobacco.  Vape juice is not as highly regulated as tobacco and drugs in the US so we don't really know what is in it, and there has been some cases of virolent pneumonia caused by some unknown ingredient in the vape juice.

I ended up with one of these things from my dad because he bought an E-cig by fraud.  He responded to email spam that said it was medicine to improve liver and kidney function.  He doesn't remember where he got it or how much he paid for it (he was probably just too embarrassed to tell me) so I couldn't return it.  I used the juice it came with while I was attempting to quit the dip and it helped, but I haven't bought any more of the stuff.  I might get some to use indoors when I can't fire up a cigar or a pipe, but probably just won't bother because I only feel like smoking a couple of times a month any way.  I have done away with the chewing tobacco though.  I'm very happy about that and I do think the vape made that easier.

gr Offline kkokkolis

• Τετραφάρμακος
Reply #16 on: November 24, 2015, 05:18:26 PM
Alan, you smoke the way everybody should but few really can. Most of us arr addicted to nicotine and smoking (now vaping) rituals. Myself, I work on opioid maintenance 15 years now. I believe in maintenance, I persuaded many people to believe in it or,  at least, tolerate and accept it. The last 5 years I'm doing nicotine maintenance. My harm reduction is already evident. I won't detox because I have 95% chances of relapse. But whoever has a reasonable chance should try it and make sure that, if he relapses, he will relapse with e-cigarette or Nicorette and not smoking tobacco.

fi Offline AlephZero

• Smurf smash!
Reply #17 on: November 25, 2015, 05:43:54 PM
Another vaper here :tu:

My current setup (sorry for the really bad pic)

Kanger K-Box Mini + Subtank Mini (w/RBA coilhead) *sold as a kit under the name SuBox Mini

I pretty much mix all my own liquids these days, so I know exactly what's in them. I won't get into the debate about vaping safety here because it's really pointless, my opinion won't change anyone's mind anyways.

What I will say though, is that after almost two years I'm definitely healthier than when I was still smoking (20 years of that smurf).
"Hoarder of weirdness,
Always posting random things,
I'm AlephZero" :ninja:

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #18 on: November 25, 2015, 05:57:36 PM
Non smoker here, I do know a few people who are also non smokers who have taken up vaping juice  :think:.  I'm not one to judge but it does seem odd IMO.  Hey, do what you want and for those vaping to get off the ciggs  :tu:.
Esse Quam Videri

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #19 on: November 26, 2015, 10:30:51 AM
Non smoker here, I do know a few people who are also non smokers who have taken up vaping juice  :think:.  I'm not one to judge but it does seem odd IMO.  Hey, do what you want and for those vaping to get off the ciggs  :tu:.

That seems very odd to me too.  I don't know anyone, who wasn't already a smoker, who has taken up vaping.  You can get nicotine free liquids I guess, but I can't think why you would. :shrug:

us Offline jerseydevil

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #20 on: November 26, 2015, 08:21:05 PM
Haven't figured that out either. :think:   I mean, I haven't smoked a filtered cigarette in about ten years, so vaping's flat out healthy! ;)  If I wasn't already a smoker, it's not something I'd be doing, nicotine or not.

gr Offline kkokkolis

• Τετραφάρμακος
Reply #21 on: November 26, 2015, 09:36:01 PM
You might like the smoking rituals but not tolerate tobacco. We are so many people on earth that all rare and strange behaviors are almost a certainty. I mean, any 1/6000000000 odd behavior happens somewhere on earth this exact moment.

pt Offline Ricardomfs

Reply #22 on: November 26, 2015, 10:29:19 PM
but some enjoy going to bares and "smoke" those north african Shisha´s and vaping non nicotine juices is almost the same, i think :think: is having that sensation of a different taste in your mouth!

fi Offline AlephZero

• Smurf smash!
Reply #23 on: December 05, 2015, 02:12:53 PM
I can definitely recommend vaping as an alternative to smoking. It's been now a year and 10 months since I smoked my last cig after 20 years of smoking.  :cheers:
"Hoarder of weirdness,
Always posting random things,
I'm AlephZero" :ninja:

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #24 on: December 05, 2015, 06:15:50 PM
I can definitely recommend vaping as an alternative to smoking. It's been now a year and 10 months since I smoked my last cig after 20 years of smoking.  :cheers:

Great to hear  :salute: 
Esse Quam Videri

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #25 on: December 06, 2015, 08:40:26 PM

Well done. :tu:

us Offline Roc

• No Life Club
Reply #26 on: May 22, 2016, 06:22:56 PM
Sorry to resurrect an old one, but felt like sharing. Last Sunday I bought my first vape kit. An Aspire cf vv 1000mah with nautilus mini tank. I've smoked a pack a day for the last 20 some years. Since I've started vaping I've had 4 cigs a day at the most and I usually can't smoke the whole thing before putting it out. My taste is already improving and they just taste disgusting. I know the verdict is still out on what these do to your health, but to me it would still be the lesser of two evils.

us Offline kaput

• No Life Club
Reply #27 on: May 22, 2016, 07:36:16 PM
:)
« Last Edit: May 22, 2016, 07:37:17 PM by kaput »
multi-tools—folding contraptions fixed with all kinds of doo-dads

us Offline kaput

• No Life Club
Reply #28 on: May 22, 2016, 07:36:44 PM
Sorry to resurrect an old one, but felt like sharing. Last Sunday I bought my first vape kit. An Aspire cf vv 1000mah with nautilus mini tank. I've smoked a pack a day for the last 20 some years. Since I've started vaping I've had 4 cigs a day at the most and I usually can't smoke the whole thing before putting it out. My taste is already improving and they just taste disgusting. I know the verdict is still out on what these do to your health, but to me it would still be the lesser of two evils.
Its amazing when you start to transition away from cigarettes and start to regain your senses of smell and taste back. Cheers man!
« Last Edit: May 22, 2016, 07:39:19 PM by kaput »
multi-tools—folding contraptions fixed with all kinds of doo-dads

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #29 on: May 22, 2016, 08:19:15 PM

Well done Roc. :cheers:  I spend a couple of weeks doing the same before I really couldn't stand the cigs any more.

By total coincidence there's a Horizon documentary on BBC2 tonight looking into the health implications of e-cigarettes/vaping.  I'll be watching with a blend of interest and fear.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%