Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Questions on Champ Plus's and Mag len's (dating info.)

us Offline sir_mike

• No Life Club
  • It is what it isn't.
Questions on Champ Plus's and Mag len's (dating info.)
on: December 10, 2015, 10:12:50 PM
Hi all.

Regarding the Champion Plus's, are there any differences in ones boxed/marked 1.6795.R and the ones boxed/marked 54525?

They both seem to have the same tools, both have newer sided mini drivers and clear plastic mag lens that the lens can be moved around and/or popped out.  I think that is the latest lens, right? 

Regarding the mag lens, isn't there three versions of the clear mag setup or am I confused as Sakwiki doesnt show them all?  I thought one setup was solid clear plastic (housing and lens), non-movable lens, then I thought there was a setup of clear plastic housing and lens but movable lens and now I thonght the setup is clear housing with movable glass lens.

Thx.

us Offline jazzbass

• No Life Club
Re: Questions on Champ Plus's and Mag len's (dating info.)
Reply #1 on: December 10, 2015, 10:16:59 PM
Regarding the Champion Plus's, are there any differences in ones boxed/marked 1.6795.R and the ones boxed/marked 54525?

AFAIK those are just standard vs. US specific model numbers for the same knife.

They both seem to have the same tools, both have newer sided mini drivers and clear plastic mag lens that the lens can be moved around and/or popped out.  I think that is the latest lens, right? 
Yes. Should have a bronze rivet in the scissors too.

Regarding the mag lens, isn't there three versions of the clear mag setup or am I confused as Sakwiki doesnt show them all?  I thought one setup was solid clear plastic (housing and lens), non-movable lens, then I thought there was a setup of clear plastic housing and lens but movable lens and now I thonght the setup is clear housing with movable glass lens.
I only know of two versions - the solid all-plastic version and two piece clear plastic/glass version. That's not to say the third one isn't out there - I'd be interested to find out if it was.

us Offline sir_mike

• No Life Club
  • It is what it isn't.
Reply #2 on: December 10, 2015, 10:29:18 PM

AFAIK those are just standard vs. US specific model numbers for the same knife.

Yes. Should have a bronze rivet in the scissors too.

I only know of two versions - the solid all-plastic version and two piece clear plastic/glass version. That's not to say the third one isn't out there - I'd be interested to find out if it was.

Yes, they do both have the bronze rivet.  I forgot about that as that seems to be the same on all scissor models, current ones anyway! 

Your probably right on the lens.  Some reason I thought there was another one but more I think about it and search around, I find I might have been mistaking!

That must make the saw the stainless version, right?

Thx. for the reply!  :)

gb Offline shibafu

Reply #3 on: December 11, 2015, 10:55:54 AM
Your probably right on the lens.  Some reason I thought there was another one but more I think about it and search around, I find I might have been mistaking!

There have been 3 magnifying glasses: the original grey plastic + glass lens, the newer all-plastic one, and the latest version with a translucent plastic surround and glass lens.  The last two are just about impossible to tell apart in pictures.  I'm not sure if the newest version has been used on Champion Pluses though.  It's only been around for a couple of years and I don't know if the Champion Plus is still in production.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21
Site Currency: USD
50%