Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Alox Classic SD

us Offline Blackbeard

• No Life Club
  • One Day Closer To Death
Alox Classic SD
on: December 23, 2015, 06:09:01 AM
Just arrived, Can't believe how thin it is. Is it wrong for a man to love something so tiny?  :facepalm:

00 Offline kirk13

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Re: Alox Classic SD
Reply #1 on: December 23, 2015, 06:52:08 AM
Just wait Gil you upgrade to a manager!
There is no beginning,or ending,and for this we are thankful,cos now is hard enough to understand!

us Offline Blackbeard

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: December 23, 2015, 07:02:30 AM
theres a alox manager? Is it standard or custom made

00 Offline kirk13

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #3 on: December 23, 2015, 07:37:26 AM
theres a alox manager? Is it standard or custom made

There are alox Ramblers(same tool set,no pen),both by +B and by the factory
There is no beginning,or ending,and for this we are thankful,cos now is hard enough to understand!

us Offline Blackbeard

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: December 23, 2015, 07:43:49 AM
yeah this would be the ultimate sak if they could get a pen in it, maybe a fold out pen in the near future instead of one of the implements  :drool:

hr Offline styx

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #5 on: December 23, 2015, 09:17:05 AM
it is not wrong to love something so tiny. especially if it has Victorinox in it's name
Solving problems you didn't know you had in the most obscure way possible

"And now, it's time to hand this over to our tame race axe driver. Some say, he can live in the forest for six months at a time without food, and he knows of a secret tribe of only women where he is their God. All we know is, he's call the Styx!" - TazzieRob

id Offline classicrock

• With every mistake we must surely be learning
Reply #6 on: December 23, 2015, 12:00:19 PM
Yes it is so thin and tiny...but I used to installed a standing fan at my house with the Classic SD.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk

-Supported by Manager/Small Tinker/Compact/Deluxe Tinker/Spirit XC-

us Offline cbl51

• No Life Club
Reply #7 on: December 23, 2015, 04:05:47 PM
Just arrived, Can't believe how thin it is. Is it wrong for a man to love something so tiny?  :facepalm:

No, especially when it's something from Victorinox!

That's why I rigged it so I literally can't leave home without my classic!
« Last Edit: December 23, 2015, 04:08:12 PM by cbl51 »
Don't get too serious, just enough will do.

scotland Offline Sea Monster

• No Life Club
Reply #8 on: December 23, 2015, 09:04:12 PM
The Classic is brilliant, I've had one for as long as I can remember (Now scaleless, but still going strong!)

The Alox Classic is gorgeous, send us some pics

I had one in Blue, it was too pretty to use...

wales Offline Smashie

• Smurf it!
Reply #9 on: December 23, 2015, 11:35:43 PM

Think back to the 90's when men would get together and see who had the smallest cellphone  :rofl:
“Strong minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, weak minds discuss people.” - Socrates
"I'm not feeling very talky today, off you smurf". - Smashie
Complaining is mental preparation for failure.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

se Offline Fortytwo

• No Life Club
Reply #10 on: December 24, 2015, 12:07:24 AM
The Classic is brilliant, I've had one for as long as I can remember (Now scaleless, but still going strong!)

The Alox Classic is gorgeous, send us some pics

I had one in Blue, it was too pretty to use...

Consider some wooden scales, they look even better on a much loved tool and at the most basic you could probably fix it up for under 10$ (including all necessary tools). The Mod Squad section has plenty of info.

scotland Offline Sea Monster

• No Life Club
Reply #11 on: December 24, 2015, 08:09:13 AM
Consider some wooden scales, they look even better on a much loved tool and at the most basic you could probably fix it up for under 10$ (including all necessary tools). The Mod Squad section has plenty of info.

It's something I would consider for a larger tool, but I actually really like my Naked Classic (I still have the scales and T&T).

The naked classic is handy, easy to clean, and does not look attractive to sticky-fingered folk.

us Offline Blackbeard

• No Life Club
Reply #12 on: December 24, 2015, 08:12:44 AM
i usually have a signature lite on my keychain, I got a manager to sub in for it cause I dont really need the light since I have a separate flashlight on keys. I really cant decide which to use on keychain now. sig light has pen, manager has pen but is thinner, classic no pen but tweeezer and toothpick, alox classic smallest but no tweeze/toothpick. damn you victorinox!

dont mind the scotch tape on the red one, its to prevent scratches
« Last Edit: December 24, 2015, 08:46:43 AM by Blackbeard »
BB :B:

hr Offline styx

Reply #13 on: December 24, 2015, 08:51:50 AM
Perfect size. Oddly there was only one time that the tweezers saved my day and that was a 1 in a million chance
Solving problems you didn't know you had in the most obscure way possible

"And now, it's time to hand this over to our tame race axe driver. Some say, he can live in the forest for six months at a time without food, and he knows of a secret tribe of only women where he is their God. All we know is, he's call the Styx!" - TazzieRob

us Offline Blackbeard

• No Life Club
Reply #14 on: December 24, 2015, 08:58:17 AM
I dont want to scratch any of them lol, but gotta use them too right? everytime I take the tape off the scales of signature lite I wind up putting some fresh pieces on 15 minutes later

us Offline HarleyXJGuy

Reply #15 on: December 24, 2015, 09:39:09 AM
I dont want to scratch any of them lol, but gotta use them too right? everytime I take the tape off the scales of signature lite I wind up putting some fresh pieces on 15 minutes later

Chicks dig scars.

Use that pig!

us Offline cbl51

• No Life Club
Reply #16 on: December 24, 2015, 03:57:40 PM
Things I've fixed with my SD classic:

A stalled out Vespa Motor scooter on a dirt road in the middle of nowhere. The positive battery cable vibrated loose and the SD tip tightened up the phiilips screw on the terminal. Power was restored and off I went.

The control stick on an electric trolling motor on a canoe. The deeply recessed phillips screw holding the control stick came loose and dropped into the boat. My better halfs classic SD helped put it back in and saved a very long paddle back.

The clothes drier door. The spring latch that held the door shut broke, and I went and got a new one. Sitting down on the floor to see what tools I'd need, All I saw was two small phillips screws on each side of the sheet metal door to take it apart to get at the broken latch. Being an old fart the idea of getting up again just to get a phillips screw driver was not good, so I used the SD tip on my classic. Took all of five minutes to replace the spring loaded door latch on the Kenmore drier. It was easier than getting back up from sitting cross legged on the floor.

While painting the house, the classic SD tip removed all the light switch and electric plug covers.

Took apart a fishing reel that was gummed up on a remote lake shore and the reel was cleaned out with Purrel hand santitizer, and re-assembled with the SD tip. Fishing trip saved.

And, strange as it may seem, I've actually filed my nails with it!

In spite of all the other knives I've had in my life, the SAK has saved more situations than any other pocket knife, and most of those situations have been saved with a Classic SD.

« Last Edit: December 24, 2015, 03:58:50 PM by cbl51 »
Don't get too serious, just enough will do.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21
Site Currency: USD
50%