Multitool.org

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

What was your most carried tool of 2015? 6227

Hero Member Posts: 935
What was your most carried tool of 2015?
« on: January 01, 2016, 05:58:16 PM »
Just curious as to how guys rotate their EDC, and what turns out being the go to tools for them.
For me, I work a job that requires moderate to heavy MT usage, and nights and weekends on the ranch it's the same story.
These are my most carried, and by far away my most used.

Sent from 9 miles from the face of the sun
Zombie Apprentice Posts: 17,513 I'm not a pessimist, I'm an experienced optimist!
Re: What was your most carried tool of 2015?
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2016, 06:42:49 PM »
As regards full sized tools, I would say it's probably my work carry. Away from work, I'll carry whatever my mood dictates and so this can vary significantly more. However, for most of last year, my work carry was either a Sideclip or my Neutered Octane mod.

However, what would be carried even more would be the tools on my keychains, as these would be on me whether I'm working or not. Therefore it's actually a Gerber Dime and a Victorinox Manager

The cantankerous but occasionally useful member, formally known as 50ft-trad
Absolute Zombie Club Posts: 23,211 Wooooo!
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2016, 06:52:43 PM »
Good question :think:  I don't think I had a consistent carry MT until I got the Signal.  I've carried it almost always since I got it, which has been a couple months.  My MechaRogue was certainly my most carried SAK by a long shot though.

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

K-Tibbs
Absolute Zombie Club Posts: 23,725 "Spending all of my money and time Oh, ho ho...'"
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2016, 07:59:47 PM »
I guess the Trail Guide is still my default carry.

- Robert

Vox Clamantis in Deserto
Quo Fata Ferunt
"It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues." - Ten Bears
I aim to misbehave.
No Life Club Posts: 1,972 Without POL, pilots are pedestrians
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2016, 08:11:13 PM »
Good idea for a topic :tu: I like to rotate my work carry every so often, but my off-duty carry has almost exclusively been the SwitchPlier 2.0 since I got it in August. It also rode along with me at work for a couple of months. Since mid November I've been carrying my PowerLock at work. Prior to carrying the SP2, though, my work carry alternated between my modded Wave, Flik, MP600, and MP400. My off-duty tool before August was split b/t my wounded Octane, knifeless Wingman, and rarely my Freestyle (thanks Breezy) although it mostly stays in my bike's seat-post pack.

Taking all that into consideration the SwitchPlier 2.0 is probably my most carried tool of 2015.

"I wanna introduce you to a very personal friend of mine. This is an M41A pulse rifle. Ten millimeter with over-and-under thirty millimeter pump action grenade launcher." - Cpl Hicks
Zombie Apprentice Posts: 17,513 I'm not a pessimist, I'm an experienced optimist!
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2016, 08:14:05 PM »
Good idea for a topic :tu: I like to rotate my work carry every so often, but my off-duty carry has almost exclusively been the SwitchPlier 2.0 since I got it in August. It also rode along with me at work for a couple of months. Since mid November I've been carrying my PowerLock at work. Prior to carrying the SP2, though, my work carry alternated between my modded Wave, Flik, MP600, and MP400. My off-duty tool before August was split b/t my wounded Octane, knifeless Wingman, and rarely my Freestyle (thanks Breezy) although it mostly stays in my bike's seat-post pack.

Taking all that into consideration the SwitchPlier 2.0 is probably my most carried tool of 2015.

Nice to hear someone giving real serious trust and carry time for the Switchplier. I have to ask though, how is the Octane wounded? (I may have missed the expaination before)

What was your most carried tool of 2015?
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2016, 08:20:50 PM »
I really wasn't considering keychain tools as being part of the consideration.  I just assumed everybody carries a Classic style tool on their keychain.  Not sure why I assumed that....I just did.

Global Moderator Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here... Posts: 45,564
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2016, 08:21:28 PM »
I would have to say one of my Supertools, be it an OG or ST200  plus my Ontario Rat II . Near the end of the year I started carrying a Farmer or pioneer more often than the Rat. I tend to rotate through all my Leathermans after work though. I did carry my Rebar a lot before I started buying more LM's than there are days in the week  :facepalm:

Absolute Zombie Club Posts: 20,789 What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2016, 08:22:42 PM »
Style PS and Alox Minichamp. I carry both every single day. I can't remember when I got the Minichamp, but the Style PS was carried every single day last year.

I'm the milk man!
Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 7,546 Tool Carrying Linux User
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2016, 08:23:16 PM »
Wave and SwissCamp

If I can help, let me know 
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2016, 08:23:31 PM »
I really wasn't considering keychain tools as being part of the consideration.  I just assumed everybody carries a Classic style tool on their keychain.  Not sure why I assumed that....I just did.

I always take a slightly tangential view and screw it up somehow, no matter what the topic   :D

« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2016, 08:25:36 PM »
Wave and SwissCamp

:think:

Is it a pink one, and does it criticise your soft furnishings?

:P
« Last Edit: January 01, 2016, 09:55:58 PM by 50ft-trad »

No Life Club Posts: 1,145
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2016, 08:43:50 PM »
My Wave and BM 940-1 were my most carried last year.  Surprising to many maybe, I also carried and used the heck out of my Wingman.  It's my go to every time I put my waders on and hit the rivers. 
No Life Club Posts: 2,525 Look at all those shiny sharp things.
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2016, 10:49:52 PM »
Swisschamp is the most carried one. Got one early -15 used, and have not let it sit in a drawer. I did have two already, but did not use them. One already beaten got me using it hard.  No turning back anymore.
Global Moderator Absolute Zombie Club Posts: 21,337
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2016, 11:36:45 PM »
Swisschamp for sure as SAKs go.  Wave get carried everyday and for work its been Surge and MUT more recently ( last part of 2015 ) and OHT ( past 2 months ). 

Keychain carry is Manager which lives on my vehicle keychain. 

Esse Quam Videri
Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 5,966
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2016, 11:45:39 PM »
Considering how many Mt's I have there wasnt much rotation going on. The most carried the silver OHT.

What? Enablers! Are you serrrrious? Where? I dont see any.
Hold Fast
No Life Club Posts: 4,788
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2016, 11:46:33 PM »
Gerber MP 600 by far.
Followed by the Wenger Commander that usually accompanies it.
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2016, 11:58:37 PM »

Gerber MP 600 by far.
Followed by the Wenger Commander that usually accompanies it.

The MP600 is an absolutely great tool.  IMO, one of the best tools made today and an amazing deal at its price point.  Great choice.

« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2016, 12:24:29 AM »
I should add that before the Signal, I rotated through a variety of MTs.  My G1 Wave, MP600, Diesel, Rebar and Swisstool were all carried much of the year, but none for two months straight like the Signal.  I don't see that changing much either.

K-Tibbs
Global Moderator Point Of No Return Posts: 36,498
« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2016, 12:29:27 AM »
I should add that before the Signal, I rotated through a variety of MTs.  My G1 Wave, MP600, Diesel, Rebar and Swisstool were all carried much of the year, but none for two months straight like the Signal.  I don't see that changing much either.

That's pretty interesting.
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2016, 12:36:37 AM »

I actually find it a bit odd myself.  I just really like it and it's the one I grab every day (except Sundays with church).  All the others have more equipped loadouts, but my SAKs are well equipped anyway.

K-Tibbs
No Life Club Posts: 1,122
« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2016, 12:41:04 AM »
Usually turns out to be the Victorinox Compact.

- Steve
No Life Club Posts: 1,041
« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2016, 12:46:29 AM »
It has gone back and forth between the 84mm Golfer and the 91mm...I really like these.  But for the last 45-60days the 91mm Compact mod (replaced CS w/ Phillips and replaced hook with has seen a lot of pocket time.  I think of the Compact mod as my daily EDC now...though weekends can see the Super Tinker, Yeoman, or Explorer,

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they go."    -Will Rogers
No Life Club Posts: 1,041
« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2016, 12:48:00 AM »
BTW, Happy New Year team!  I really appreciate what everybody has to offer!   :cheers:

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they go."    -Will Rogers
« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2016, 01:01:49 AM »
BTW, Happy New Year team!  I really appreciate what everybody has to offer!   :cheers:
Same to you!

K-Tibbs
No Life Club Posts: 3,435
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2016, 01:15:14 AM »
I really don't know what has seen the most carry throughout the year, but I suspect what I have been carrying most days the last months is a good contender. It's something as rare and exotic as a Spartan paired with a Classic SD. ;)
Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 6,826
« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2016, 01:17:58 AM »
Wenger Traveler - 90%

Wenger Pocket Tool Chest - 5%

Assorted Others - 5%

Global Moderator Absolute Zombie Club Posts: 21,337
« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2016, 01:26:28 AM »

I actually find it a bit odd myself.  I just really like it and it's the one I grab every day (except Sundays with church).  All the others have more equipped loadouts, but my SAKs are well equipped anyway.

This is the interesting thing about this place and the choices each makes.  While maybe not the target for this tool ( no offense Big Guy ) the tool has spoken to you which is awesome.

I'm still so fascinated by the tool choices and am so thankful there is no one perfect tool.  What a flipping boring site this would be, at least for me. 

Glad also to see you digging this tool  :tu:

Esse Quam Videri
No Life Club Posts: 3,446 Nothing's typical around here
« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2016, 01:40:52 AM »
Hard to say, but I think my Vic Climber wins.  Love the size, and the scissors, but the lack of nail file is annoying. A new Vic Delemont Traveler would be great, but until the right one comes around, ill live.

After the Climber, my SOG Pocket Power Plier or Leatherman Rebar tie for second. Love both of these tools.

Laughter is the best Medicine
Slaughter is just Laughter with an "S"

We are looking for Multitool Encyclopedia Editors! If you are interested, please give me a PM!

The Multitool Encyclopedia Editing for Dummies Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65751.0.html
Multitool Encyclopedia Suggested Edits Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65746.0.html
Admin Team Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 8,901 Wearer of the Cloak of Band-aye-eed.
« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2016, 02:18:33 AM »
I have really stopped buying tools for some reason.  My Rebar has been my sole carry tool for the last two years.  I also carry a Vic Executive now along side the rebar.  The Rebar seems to scratch every itch just right, so I haven't gotten anything new.  I might try to grab a new tool some time soon, but with my other addiction beginning to consume my spare cash, it isn't likely.  LM had better come out with a doozy or I'm sticking with my tried and true rebar. 

The one tool that will be an instant purchase once it's released is the Victorinox alox with scissors.  I have wanted one for years. 

Sean

Support the forum and shop at the Multitool.org Store!!

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: $111.66
PayPal Fees: $6.95
Net Balance: $104.71
Below Goal: $195.29
Site Currency: USD
35%