Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Can't find a black Zermatt XL w/steel?

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Can't find a black Zermatt XL w/steel?
on: January 04, 2016, 05:37:34 PM
Just like the subject says, I can't find them new anywhere, I've got to get one before March to work on for the little guys new Swiss champion plus I got stashed. He's going to want black, and I kinda want the steel to attach to mine, I'm going to do the same by ripping the stiching out and replacing it with red, but I just can't find them anywhere, they all seem to be sold out, I can find the ones without the steel, so if it comes down to it I guess I'll just go with that one, but I was just wondering if anyone knows of anywhere that is selling the XL black w/steel? I think the model # is 30213?
JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

us Offline SAK Guy

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • "Spending all of my money and time Oh, ho ho...'"
Re: Can't find a black Zermatt XL w/steel?
Reply #1 on: January 04, 2016, 06:10:01 PM
The number on my box is 33213 if that helps. 

If you're ripping out the stitching anyway, as a last resort, why not buy a brown one and dye it black?
« Last Edit: January 04, 2016, 06:21:10 PM by SAK Guy »
- Robert

Quo Fata Ferunt
"It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues." - Ten Bears

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #2 on: January 04, 2016, 09:42:32 PM
The number on my box is 33213 if that helps. 

If you're ripping out the stitching anyway, as a last resort, why not buy a brown one and dye it black?
Oops, I was close, but no.. Yeah I could dye it, heck I even have a brown one like new, I just don't know how it would turn out? Besides the dye I have is a homemade vinegar, and it stinks, so I would have to order that other stuff, kinda sucks cause I was just at Wally World a couple hours ago.. I got a little time to see if anything comes up, so we'll see.. Thanks,
JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

us Offline SAK Guy

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #3 on: January 04, 2016, 09:58:14 PM
Good luck bud!!!  :salute:
- Robert

Quo Fata Ferunt

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #4 on: January 05, 2016, 12:12:48 AM
Good luck bud!!!  :salute:

+1, I'll keep my eye out for one.

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #5 on: January 05, 2016, 12:30:40 AM

us Offline GigaHz

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: January 05, 2016, 01:22:51 AM
What size is this? This is a Swisschamp.

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #7 on: January 05, 2016, 02:13:15 AM
What size is this? This is a Swisschamp.

That's gotta be a XL, cause a champion+ is 28, and the swisschamp is 33mm wide..
JR

us Offline strmliner

• No Life Club
Reply #8 on: January 05, 2016, 08:44:57 PM
Pretty interesting...I couldn't find your black XL with the sharpener in any of the 5-6 online places I would typically buy from too.  Usually, finding the black Zermatt's is easier than the brown, which I prefer.

Good luck...we'll keep an eye out for these...    :cheers:
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they go."    -Will Rogers

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #9 on: January 05, 2016, 08:53:59 PM
Pretty interesting...I couldn't find your black XL with the sharpener in any of the 5-6 online places I would typically buy from too.  Usually, finding the black Zermatt's is easier than the brown, which I prefer.

Good luck...we'll keep an eye out for these...    :cheers:
Thanks!
JR

Offline TSabatine

Reply #10 on: January 10, 2016, 07:17:47 AM
I've been trying to find one for years...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline TSabatine

Reply #11 on: January 10, 2016, 07:18:57 AM
And I have to double check the model number, but I'm pretty sure the brown one I have fits the Swiss champ and is the L not the XL, it's snug, and doesn't come out easily without a lanyard to tug on, but it fits

us Offline Spork, Lord of Lime Jello!

• No Life Club
  • Benner fan club #003
Reply #12 on: January 10, 2016, 05:23:59 PM
Is it possible that Zermatt sheaths are discontinued?....I don't see them on the factory sites. I recently bought a brown XL, but was looking for a black as well.

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #13 on: January 10, 2016, 05:31:02 PM
And I have to double check the model number, but I'm pretty sure the brown one I have fits the Swiss champ and is the L not the XL, it's snug, and doesn't come out easily without a lanyard to tug on, but it fits

You know what, I ordered a large black w/o the steel a while back for my custom sak(the Pharmber) but I think I ended up getting an Xl w/o the steel by mistake, cause it looked identical to my other, and because it bounced around,, when I customized it, I lined it with felt to stop it from bouncing around.. I'm going to have to check that out, cause it's brand new, all I would have to do is pull the felt out and it's his.. Then order a large cause if you say a champion plus fits a large, just tight, it should fit mine better :think: hmm.. Thanks TS, for thinking about getting a large..
JR
What do you think, the brown is suppose to be an xl, and the black a large, they look the same no?
« Last Edit: January 10, 2016, 05:36:42 PM by MadPlumbarian »

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #14 on: January 10, 2016, 05:39:37 PM
Is it possible that Zermatt sheaths are discontinued?....I don't see them on the factory sites. I recently bought a brown XL, but was looking for a black as well.
I think so, I even wrote victorinox seeing if they have any info, but I won't get a reply till maybe the end of this week..
JR

• No Life Club
  • Benner fan club #003
Reply #15 on: January 10, 2016, 06:02:25 PM
I discovered that a medium sheath will hold my Brunner Feuerschlag....so that triggered a Zermattt buying spree for other knives  ::)

Brunner.jpg
* Brunner.jpg (Filesize: 106.57 KB)

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #16 on: January 10, 2016, 06:04:56 PM
Ok, I found a bunch of black large w/steel's, I just don't know. I'm going to have to do a little more digging, cause the measurements for a large they say are 1-1/8" X 7/8" (inside) and for a xl, 1-1/4 X 1-1/4" (inside) and both give a bunch of modles they will fit. I know the medium the scales go front to back, but I would guess the large and xl the scales would go side to side, no? You would think something like this would be easy..
JR

us Offline SAK Guy

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #17 on: January 10, 2016, 06:16:32 PM
I guess I should pick up a couple this month.
- Robert

Quo Fata Ferunt

• No Life Club
  • Benner fan club #003
Reply #18 on: January 10, 2016, 06:26:15 PM
I had the Champion plus in the brown XL sheath on the right...the other two are large (33208/33209). the only difference I see between the Large and XL is the XL is deeper front to back...side to side it seems like the same width.
zermatt02.jpg
* zermatt02.jpg (Filesize: 104.14 KB)

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #19 on: January 10, 2016, 06:46:39 PM
I had the Champion plus in the brown XL sheath on the right...the other two are large (33208/33209). the only difference I see between the Large and XL is the XL is deeper front to back...side to side it seems like the same width.
Ok, so that black one is a large, and you have the sak with the scales side to side, what sak is that? Same with the one in the middle, that's also a large, and you can carry with the scales side to side?
JR

• No Life Club
  • Benner fan club #003
Reply #20 on: January 10, 2016, 06:49:23 PM
Ok, so that black one is a large, and you have the sak with the scales side to side, what sak is that? Same with the one in the middle, that's also a large, and you can carry with the scales side to side?
JR

That's a Champion Plus in the black Large sheath, the middle one is a brown Large...fits both fine

• No Life Club
  • Benner fan club #003
Reply #21 on: January 10, 2016, 06:52:43 PM
The only way I can tell in photos between the sizes of sheaths is how far down the embossing goes...you can see the XL brown has a shorter panel and a greater slope at the bottom.

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #22 on: January 10, 2016, 07:01:31 PM
I guess I'm just going to have to try it out and get a large, the two on the outside look the same, and the one in the middle kinda looks not as deep to me? But I do see what your talking about..
JR

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #23 on: January 10, 2016, 07:56:51 PM
Alright, I've pulled out all the strings, well sheaths.. Here's what I've come up with, the first three in this pic are xl, and by age too, the one on the left being the oldest, how old? Err, at lest 26yrs, but prob way more, the next 24yrs, then the rest only 4 and newer. The two on the right are suppose to be only large. Now the three on the right pretty much look the same with those panels are pretty much the same length? And the two on the left longer but that could be because there much older? On to the next pics..

Here's where I see the big diff, the one on the left is the xl, and the large on the right. From side to side they look the same, but from front to back a little deeper? As you can see I put two champion+ in and they both fit, both kinda snug, but there like brand new and need to be broken in, yet in the large I also have those layers of thick felt, so maybe without it the blade won't press on the front as much as it did, cause you can see how the front is a little crooked,, So I think I should be able to just get a large and it should be fine?
JR
The other thing is the xl is tight because of that tapper at the bottom, needs a break in, the large doesn't have that, it's more square, and isn't tight do to that, only really because of the sides with that felt?
« Last Edit: January 10, 2016, 08:02:43 PM by MadPlumbarian »

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #24 on: January 10, 2016, 08:18:01 PM
Here's another pic, as you can see at the bottom of the sheath the large(front) is more square, and the xl(back, one in the middle in the other post) is on a angle, and the front also is out further then the large at the top, So with the bottoms being the way it is, it kinda makes it tight having to pull the strap over to close it, but the top loose, then on the large I think it's only really tight from that felt, cause it's easy to close it..
JR

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #25 on: January 10, 2016, 08:29:02 PM
The nice thing about leather is that it is pretty easy to stretch if it's a little tight. I've done it on a few leatherman sheaths. I even stretched out an original PST sheath to fit my Rebar.

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #26 on: January 10, 2016, 08:41:00 PM
The nice thing about leather is that it is pretty easy to stretch if it's a little tight. I've done it on a few leatherman sheaths. I even stretched out an original PST sheath to fit my Rebar.
So true!
JR

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21
Site Currency: USD
50%