Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

I am a firm believer! Leatherman Warranty service Rocks!!!

Offline taropal

Hi all, I am new to this forum but I am not new to leatherman products. Started out owning a small pst and not sure what version. It was always just basic. 6 years ago, after owned a poor quality micra due to the scissors dull so very fast and switch to a swiss army cyber tool for all the other features that pst and micra don't provide. Lately I used a old version of Leatherman Surge almost to its death. It was a tool to be used on all occasions. I even haul the darn thing in the luggage to oversea trips. It was used to such an extend that the pliers are just wiggling side to side. The wire cutters are basically useless for any thin and small wires due to the gap it leaves. Before Christmas, I decided to send it in to see what Leatherman warranty service can do for the aging Surge. For days, there is nothing and today I got a package in the mail from leatherman. Contained in it was a brand new Surge replacement. WOW! Everything is new and even got the latest replaceable wire cutter!!! So very Excited for this belated Christmas surprise! I guess the company really stand behind their product lines.

Thanks a bunch Leatherman! I am a firm believer of your tools again...

Service request generated online on Dec 16, 2015
Package mailed on Dec 18, 2015
Delivery confirmation on Dec 21, 2015
New Surge received Jan 5, 2016
20160105_221658.jpg
* 20160105_221658.jpg (Filesize: 160.18 KB)
« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 05:41:20 AM by taropal »

us Offline mley1

• Do it right the FIRST time!
Re: I am a firm believer! Leatherman Warranty service Rocks!!!
Reply #1 on: January 06, 2016, 05:38:28 AM
Sounds like Leatherman customer service has done it again. I had a really good experience with their customer service too. I sent in a broken Surge, and received my repaired Surge back in 12 days, right before Christmas. Excellent customer service from Leatherman!
Thanks y'all,

Marty

Offline taropal

Reply #2 on: January 06, 2016, 06:12:14 AM
No Doubt, I will enlarge my Leatherman collection and keep the new Surge on my side at all times.

us Offline mley1

Reply #3 on: January 06, 2016, 06:31:22 AM
No Doubt, I will enlarge my Leatherman collection and keep the new Surge on my side at all times.

My Surge was my first. And, I broke it first time out in the yard working on an electric fence project. Since I purchased the Surge I've increased my Leatherman family by several. Their customer service has impressed me enough that I'll keep buying them. They're good tools.
Thanks y'all,

Marty

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #4 on: January 06, 2016, 08:17:58 AM
I've yet to hear of a bad customer service experience from LM.  Glad you got sorted out and will have what many, including me, feel is one of the most versatile MTs from LM.  Enjoy. 
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline Barry Rowland

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bon Journee!!
Reply #5 on: January 06, 2016, 07:27:13 PM
+1....Leatherman customer service rocks! :tu: :tu: :tu:
Barry

us Offline rishardh

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: January 06, 2016, 11:08:06 PM

+1. I sent a MUT with a broken bit holder retainer and got a brand new one less than a day. Fantastic service!

But there ordering system is not up to industry standards. I placed an order with several pocket tools to make it over $50 to get free shipping then later realized I forgot to add #5 and could not do it. I used their chat service and they could not do it either. Wanted me create another order for the #5 or cancel my existing order and re-do it.

Offline taropal

Reply #7 on: January 07, 2016, 06:20:50 PM
Awesome, I just go hold of my latest addition, a Leatherman REV. Will be documenting that pretty soon.

How do you keep a collection and display the leatherman pieces accordingly?

us Offline NKlamerus

• No Life Club
  • Captain's Apprentice
Reply #8 on: January 08, 2016, 01:25:37 AM
Awesome, I just go hold of my latest addition, a Leatherman REV. Will be documenting that pretty soon.

How do you keep a collection and display the leatherman pieces accordingly?
Search "display cabinet" or "multitool case"

us Offline Newbeme

• New User
Reply #9 on: January 08, 2016, 03:00:32 AM
I am impressed with Leatherman's warranty as well. I sent in my old original Super Tool because the pliers head was getting fairly loose, to the point that the wire cutters were useless. Yesterday I got a brand new ST 300 with sheath. I was a little disappointed that I never got an email letting me know what was going on, but what I got in return made up for it.

us Offline AdmSlc

• adm.slc@icloud.com
Reply #10 on: January 08, 2016, 03:03:24 AM
I've probably had 10 Leatherman warranty experiences and they have all been awesome

us Offline captain spaulding

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
Reply #11 on: January 08, 2016, 05:25:38 AM
I've yet to hear of a bad customer service experience from LM.  Glad you got sorted out and will have what many, including me, feel is one of the most versatile MTs from LM.  Enjoy.

I have had a few bad experiences myself with their customer service. I can only remember one specifically and it was a customer service issue, but not with their tools. The other I believe was with a tool, but was a very minor issue. The one really bad experience I had with them was taken care of and I was sent a little care package after the fact by a very nice lady I had to climb the ladder to get to. It ended well, but was a real pain in the smurf and most would probably not go to the length as I did.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2016, 05:27:10 AM by captain spaulding »
I'm the milk man!

scotland Offline Sea Monster

• No Life Club
Reply #12 on: January 08, 2016, 10:17:06 PM
LM (and their Australian distributor) have always given me great service (on LM, and their other brands) when I send stuff to them direct.
(It takes a little longer when I go through a retail outlet, which I hold the retailer responsible for)

They generally Replace rather than Repair, which sometimes irks me. I'd be happy with just swapping out the dud tool/component with a new one. It seems a waste.

It also means I won't be sending in my PST/ST/Wave in (all of which have developed varying levels of looseness/tightness during their service - with the old fasteners that are not supposed to be "fixable" by the end user) - because I believe they will send me a new equivalent instead (When the equivalent to a PST is a Light Sabre, I'll probably consider it)

fi Offline temo

Reply #13 on: January 08, 2016, 11:57:37 PM
I have good experiences as well.

us Offline mley1

Reply #14 on: January 22, 2016, 04:43:15 PM
I recently had another excellent Leatherman customer service experience. I bought a Charge AL online, and was really disappointed when I got it. The flat head driver was broken in half, and the knife blade had some large chips in it. The guy I got it from had several and just used the pics from the best one probably. Well, I figured why not give Leatherman warranty a shot. So, I printed up the form and typed on there that my Charge AL had a broken flat head driver and some bad chips in the blade that my sharpmaker couldn't get out. I sent it out on January 7th, and got it back on the 20yth. They didn't replace the broken parts, or sharpen the blade. They sent a brand NEW Charge AL with a hair popping sharp blade. The date code on one handle was 06/15 and on the other was 05/14. So, it may have been a refurb. It doesn't matter to me at all as it is NEW, and functions as NEW, with not a scratch on it anywhere.

To say I'm happy with Leatherman's customer service is an understatement. Their warranty and service is OUTSTANDING, and so far, it's the best in the knife/multitool business. I've had good experience with other brands too, like Case and Queen, but Leatherman can't be beat in my mind.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 04:44:33 PM by mley1 »
Thanks y'all,

Marty

bavaria Offline Humppa

Reply #15 on: April 10, 2016, 10:40:50 AM
Well, I also had to send in a Wave. It needed some repair as it was almost wobbling and the file was almost rather worn down.

So I sent it in about one and a half week ago. It came back yesterday. It was the same tool. The wobbling was fixed, the blades were sharpened, the replaceable drivers were replaced.

The only thing I could explain; is the hard opening now. But it will loosen up during use.

This experience on real warranty made me also a firm believer in the LM customer service.  :tu: :tu:

You can call me Papa Andi

R.I.P. Lemmy Kilmister 24th Dec 1945 - 28th Dec 2015

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #16 on: April 11, 2016, 10:12:21 PM
Glad to hear  good things for the most part from LM CS :cheers: I have only had to deal with them twice (good experience both times)  but it was with the same MT (my Core) ::) The lock broke so I sent it in and it came back fairly quick :cheers: Not long after that either the same lock or the other handle lock broke :oops: I was a bit miffed but I sent it in again with a letter of what happened and that this was the second time in a month I had sent this tool in :( I believe I sent it in on a Friday and I believe I had it back by the next Thursday :mail: Very good turn around time  :salute: That was from Tennessee to Oregon back to Tennesse in a week :2tu:
« Last Edit: April 11, 2016, 10:13:59 PM by Poncho65 »

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD