Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

My EDC tools

za Offline shark_za

• No Life Club
  • woes oke
My EDC tools
on: January 10, 2016, 08:32:57 AM
Like everyone else I seem to jump between knives and tools like a schizophrenic goldfish.

But I will always have certain basics with me, a primary weapon, a cell phone, a pen, a one hand opening folding knife, a tool with openers :cheers: and some light driver capability, a LED light.

Optional are full sized Multis and maybe even backup tools for the above (depending on scenario)

With all the playing and evaluation of tools you tend to gravitate to what actually works and find the qualities of a tool that are sometimes not apparent at first glance.

So here is some of my EDC stuff, it covers some of the badges (hence this post  :rofl:)

Some photos to highlight things that work for me.

I actually hate this knife and gave it to a friend (CRKT), the primary is a Glock 23 with 180gr XTP's, the backup is a Model 042. The LED lights are a Surefire Defender with Malkoff dropin and a Streamlight Stylus Pro.
The Stylus Pro does not give out the most lumens and could be overlooked on paper, the thing is it is the perfect EDC light for its form factor and no mess no fuss operation. It does one task adequately and can be carried in shirt pocket, pants pocket, anywhere actually. Slim and light.

This is almost the lightest basics I carry.
A weapon, knife SAK and light.
S&W Model 38, Cadet, Tenacious Black and Stylus Pro

Ever carried a big gun as backup on an ankle?   :facepalm:

Exhibiting my firearm collection in smart clothes one day I carried this.
The primary is in a pocket holster (S&W Model 38 bodyguard), folder is a PM2 and I think that is either a climber or super tinker attached to the Fenix E05. I do this a lot, a simple light S-binered to a SAK is on me the majority of the time.

The only pliers based multitools I regularly carry are the Skeletool and maybe the Octane.
I do have a full sized tool in my laptop bag or in my car.  I dont work with my hands as such so these are for convenience and not employment. iTP light and a Rambler with the Skele CX

My usual pen is a simple Parker Jotter in stainless. Cheap enough to lose.
Other tools shown in this pic are a 4Sevens Preon 1 with P2 clicky in titanium; Sportsman and Spyderco Chaparral. 

Target needed for firearms badge.... hmmm I don't take photos of what I shoot, but here is my S&W Model 042 on a target. Along with a Spyderco Ulize and a Benchmade "tactical" pen. Ammo in the speed strip is Remington Golden Saber.

I'll take a pocket dump shot later today;

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Re: My EDC tools
Reply #1 on: January 10, 2016, 08:43:03 AM
You've got some nice gear!   :drool:   :drool:

bg Offline N_N_R

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #2 on: January 10, 2016, 08:45:38 AM
You've got some nice gear!   :drool:   :drool:

What he said :D :D :drool: :D

And I thought you only cared for Spyderco  ::)

bavaria Offline Humppa

Reply #3 on: January 10, 2016, 11:33:05 AM
Interesting setup. I think you made quiete some choices for your EDC.
You can call me Papa Andi

R.I.P. Lemmy Kilmister 24th Dec 1945 - 28th Dec 2015

za Offline shark_za

• No Life Club
  • woes oke
Reply #4 on: January 10, 2016, 11:42:06 AM
Thanks peeps, when you get the same age as Harley you tend to find what works for you and what does not.

Today's pocket dump; out shopping in shorts and t-shirt. Same recipe, weapon, basic tool, knife and light. Some redundancy.

Glock 23 in sticky holster - Vic Explorer Plus - 4Sevens QMini CR2 warm white - Spyderco PM2 204P - Costa Del Mar 580G Permit sunglasses - iPhone 6 in speck cover - Billabong wallet - Elzetta M60.   

es Offline alexTOOL

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: January 10, 2016, 10:42:40 PM

I actually hate this knife and gave it to a friend (CRKT), the primary is a Glock 23 with 180gr XTP's, the backup is a Model 042. The LED lights are a Surefire Defender with Malkoff dropin and a Streamlight Stylus Pro.
The Stylus Pro does not give out the most lumens and could be overlooked on paper, the thing is it is the perfect EDC light for its form factor and no mess no fuss operation. It does one task adequately and can be carried in shirt pocket, pants pocket, anywhere actually. Slim and light.

2 guns with 2 additional magazines for each...!

You must live in a dangerous place!  :ahhh

P.s.: And wear strong trousers with suspenders!!!  :whistle:
« Last Edit: January 10, 2016, 10:44:23 PM by alexTOOL »

za Offline shark_za

• No Life Club
  • woes oke
Reply #6 on: January 11, 2016, 05:14:35 AM
That was one of the rare days I was carrying valuable stuff and even got a friend to do it with me. The others are more day to day realistic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

za Offline shark_za

• No Life Club
  • woes oke
Reply #7 on: January 15, 2016, 01:33:21 PM
Yellow!

Is it me you are looking for?

Old one, pre scale replacement on my deluxe tinker.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $168.99
PayPal Fees: $9.87
Net Balance: $159.12
Below Goal: $140.88
Site Currency: USD
53%