Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

House plants

Offline wsm0807

House plants
on: January 23, 2016, 06:56:08 PM
Anyone else into house plants? They give me something green to look at and help keep me sane during the winter! I have a few, this jade bush is my favorite because its really easy to maintain.

us Offline captain spaulding

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
Re: House plants
Reply #1 on: January 23, 2016, 08:38:04 PM
I have been wanting to get a single houseplant, but not sure what to get. I need something that needs little to no natural light to survive. Any idea?
I'm the milk man!

Offline wsm0807

Reply #2 on: January 23, 2016, 09:30:23 PM
I have been wanting to get a single houseplant, but not sure what to get. I need something that needs little to no natural light to survive. Any idea?
A peace Lilly can handle almost no light, dont need alot of attention and will help remove toxins from the air in your home

no Offline Steinar

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: January 23, 2016, 09:33:14 PM
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NASA_Clean_Air_Study Results of some tests NASA did with a handful of plants and their ability to remove toxins from the air.

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #4 on: January 23, 2016, 09:35:20 PM
I forgot to mention it need to be very small.
I'm the milk man!

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #5 on: January 23, 2016, 09:35:56 PM
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NASA_Clean_Air_Study Results of some tests NASA did with a handful of plants and their ability to remove toxins from the air.

You just reminded me I saw on the news NASA just had the first flower EVER to bloom in space.  :tu: Well as far as we know at least.  ;)
I'm the milk man!

no Offline Steinar

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: January 23, 2016, 09:40:02 PM

You just reminded me I saw on the news NASA just had the first flower EVER to bloom in space.  :tu: Well as far as we know at least.  ;)

Cool! That's the kind of work that gets the kid in me cheering again.

scotland Offline Sea Monster

• No Life Club
Reply #7 on: January 23, 2016, 10:16:52 PM
I've been banned from all my local nurseries on suspicion of being a serial killer....

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #8 on: January 24, 2016, 12:48:55 AM

Cool! That's the kind of work that gets the kid in me cheering again.

I'm surprised it took us this long. I guess we had more important things to do in space before this.
I'm the milk man!

us Offline Yadda

• No Life Club
  • Lifelike and remarkably self similar
Reply #9 on: January 24, 2016, 03:17:19 AM
I've been banned from all my local nurseries on suspicion of being a serial killer....

If you are not killing plants you aren't gardening!
"It didn't hurt, flirt, blood squirt, stuffed shirt, hang me on a tree
After I count down three rounds, in Hell I'll be in good company" -  The Dead South

au Offline gregozedobe

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Apparently it is possible to have too many tools;)
Reply #10 on: January 24, 2016, 06:31:10 AM
We (well my Missus actually) were given a couple of Hoyas several months ago by a friend, and they obviously love it on our kitchen window sill, they've had 3 lots of flowers in quick succession, and are growing really well :D

As far as outside plants go, not so much success (we call it "destruction testing", and it often is).
« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 06:33:33 AM by gregozedobe »
babola: "Enjoy your tools and don't be afraid to air your opinion and feelings here, but do it in courteous and respectable way toward others, of course."

us Offline Alan K.

• Thread Killer 2019
  • Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #11 on: January 25, 2016, 06:26:49 AM
Before I brought any plants into the house I would need to make sure that they were non-toxic to the cats.  Then, in their gratitude for my efforts, I'm fairly certain the cats would destroy them anyway.

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #12 on: January 25, 2016, 11:11:19 AM
I like plants.

I don't have any in the house mind you as I am terrible at looking after them, but I do like them very much.

Before I brought any plants into the house I would need to make sure that they were non-toxic to the cats.  Then, in their gratitude for my efforts, I'm fairly certain the cats would destroy them anyway.

One of the ideas I had always had, should I ever get a cat, was to build or obtain numerous cat tree things and set them all up in one room with a number of very large plants- you know, the giant ferns and big leafy things that live in bucket sized pots.  I always thought that a cat would appreciate having a small world all of their own to hide in and stalk shadows and bugs in.

I now have a cat and my mind often drifts to doing something along these lines....

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #13 on: January 25, 2016, 11:23:34 AM
Have you considered air plants?

They need some light, but they are small and you can glue them anywhere you want
Kelly: "Daddy, what makes men cheat on women?
Al : "Women!"

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%