Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Havalon Multi-tool

ca Offline Marc_in_NS

• No Life Club
Re: Havalon Multi-tool
Reply #30 on: December 28, 2016, 02:28:55 AM
I do not care for the Skeletool, when the pliers are deployed, it is really uncomfortable in my hands... heck it actually hurts when I squeeze with any force. I do not believe that the Havalon's ergonomics will be any different.

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #31 on: December 28, 2016, 08:32:23 AM
Is it here yet?

I'm not sure which one of us is anticipating it more!   :mail:

Def
It should arrive this year, but with the shop I bought it from, you never know.
It wouldn't be the internet without people complaining.

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #32 on: December 28, 2016, 08:45:59 AM
I do not care for the Skeletool, when the pliers are deployed, it is really uncomfortable in my hands... heck it actually hurts when I squeeze with any force. I do not believe that the Havalon's ergonomics will be any different.
Yeah the pliers are not stellar.

But I think you have to change your approach to the Skeletool. Take it as the successor to the Crater C33B knife. It is primarily a knife, secondarily it offers your most used screwdrivers and when paired with a Wave/Charge/Surge an additional bit socket. The pliers are only for people who use them rarely and for lighter duty.
I for example work in IT (programmer). I mostly use the blade. Some days I need a PH1 screwdriver (PH1 covers about 99% of my screwdriver needs) and even less frequent I have to deal with cable-ties, for which I like the pliers, I can use the wire cutters or when I cannot access it that way, crush the cable-ties. So, in theory it is the perfect tool for me... Sadly, I find it hideous.

When it comes to the Evolve, I'm not sure what to think... I will let you know when I hold it in my hand.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2016, 08:47:01 AM by Etherealicer »
It wouldn't be the internet without people complaining.

ca Offline Marc_in_NS

• No Life Club
Reply #33 on: December 28, 2016, 02:01:45 PM
Yeah the pliers are not stellar.

But I think you have to change your approach to the Skeletool. Take it as the successor to the Crater C33B knife. It is primarily a knife, secondarily it offers your most used screwdrivers and when paired with a Wave/Charge/Surge an additional bit socket. The pliers are only for people who use them rarely and for lighter duty.
I for example work in IT (programmer). I mostly use the blade. Some days I need a PH1 screwdriver (PH1 covers about 99% of my screwdriver needs) and even less frequent I have to deal with cable-ties, for which I like the pliers, I can use the wire cutters or when I cannot access it that way, crush the cable-ties. So, in theory it is the perfect tool for me... Sadly, I find it hideous.

When it comes to the Evolve, I'm not sure what to think... I will let you know when I hold it in my hand.

+1 I agree the pliers on the skeletool are or should be considered "back up" only... the choice of bits is really awesome. Looking forward to your thoughts on the Havalon.

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #34 on: December 28, 2016, 11:59:37 PM
Is it in yet?

:pok:

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%