Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Vic Warranty

us Offline LatinoHeat

• The man with the plan and the really nice tan.
Vic Warranty
on: September 03, 2008, 02:16:52 AM
Hey guys, I have a question for ya.  My swisstool's small screwdriver twisted on me today when trying to unscrew a small screw.  Also, upon looking at my tool, the can opener tool is bent (from previous owner), and the pliers don;'close right since I tried to cut through a bit of fencing that I guess was a bit too tough.  If I send it in for warranty, will they repair it, or give me a new one?  I haven't really grown attached to this one yet, so it really wouldn't matter either way.  I'm just curious.

Offline Leatherman123

• Absolutely No Life Club
Re: Vic Warranty
Reply #1 on: September 03, 2008, 02:39:27 AM
I have sent in quite a few SwissTools and they replace them.. One time, I sent in a Standard and I asked if I could receive an RS back and they said no problem! They have the best warranty I've ever seen!
B

us Offline LatinoHeat

• The man with the plan and the really nice tan.
Reply #2 on: September 03, 2008, 03:36:54 AM
I have sent in quite a few SwissTools and they replace them.. One time, I sent in a Standard and I asked if I could receive an RS back and they said no problem! They have the best warranty I've ever seen!

Really?  Wow.  I'd feel like I was taking advantage of them if I asked them to send me a different type of Swisstool.  I always wanted the one with the scissors, but like I said, I would feel like a heel.  Is that ethical?

Offline Leatherman123

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #3 on: September 03, 2008, 04:04:00 AM
The only reason I asked is because it had to be replaced anyway..
B

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21
Site Currency: USD