Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Any "Soda" drinkers?

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
Re: Any "Soda" drinkers?
Reply #30 on: February 21, 2016, 01:49:37 PM
I am a huge fan of carbonated beverages, however, not of carbonated pop/soda. Years ago, I bought a Sodastream and of course, I had to try all the various flavours. I ended up tossing all of that syrup out because I didn't like any of them overly much. What I found, I just love carbonated water. So my Sodastream ensures I have a daily infusion of carbonated water. I find the Sodastream water is superior to Perrier's.
A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

us Offline kmanct3

• No Life Club
Reply #31 on: February 21, 2016, 02:53:14 PM
I have friends in Gainesville Fla , They make fun of me for saying  " soda "  :D
Same here, I'm originally from Ct, and the wife from Pa, both where it's called soda, but since we moved to Mi it's called pop, one of our friends gets pissed and is trying to break us of calling it soda, yet all of the commercials call it soda, even the restaurant advoid and call it by name like Coke or Pepsi..

Now here's a funny, the wife being from philly has a little bit of a slang, one night her and a friend went to a bar just to get away from the kids for a little, the lady comes over and asks what they'd like she says just a water, but it kinda sounds like wader, she can't have anything with alcohol due to health.. The lady says is that a new drink? No just water, I'm still not understanding you, so she gets pissed, you know water, the stuff in the ocean, h2o! Ohhh water! :facepalm: lol
JR
Where in Ct ?
I bounced around, let's see, umm
Hartford,
Farmington,
Canton,
Thomaston, and
Torrington..
JR
That's cool , I'm south of Torrington , New Milford

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #32 on: February 21, 2016, 02:59:58 PM
Only on night shifts,i mainly drink dr pepper or lucasade,sugar boost  :tu: that and plenty of black coffee  :D

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Reply #33 on: February 21, 2016, 04:56:31 PM
I have friends in Gainesville Fla , They make fun of me for saying  " soda "  :D
Same here, I'm originally from Ct, and the wife from Pa, both where it's called soda, but since we moved to Mi it's called pop, one of our friends gets pissed and is trying to break us of calling it soda, yet all of the commercials call it soda, even the restaurant advoid and call it by name like Coke or Pepsi..

Now here's a funny, the wife being from philly has a little bit of a slang, one night her and a friend went to a bar just to get away from the kids for a little, the lady comes over and asks what they'd like she says just a water, but it kinda sounds like wader, she can't have anything with alcohol due to health.. The lady says is that a new drink? No just water, I'm still not understanding you, so she gets pissed, you know water, the stuff in the ocean, h2o! Ohhh water! :facepalm: lol
JR
Where in Ct ?
I bounced around, let's see, umm
Hartford,
Farmington,
Canton,
Thomaston, and
Torrington..
JR
That's cool , I'm south of Torrington , New Milford
That rings a bell, I might have played a game or something there, ever hear of O.W.T.S.? On the other hand my grandparents used to live in "Milford" Ct, much further south..
JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

us Offline kmanct3

• No Life Club
Reply #34 on: February 21, 2016, 05:38:01 PM
Never heard of that , yes Milford is about 45 minutes south of me. I live on Candlewood Lake , by the NY border

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Reply #35 on: February 21, 2016, 05:52:11 PM
Never heard of that , yes Milford is about 45 minutes south of me. I live on Candlewood Lake , by the NY border
It's a tech school over in Torrington, where I graduated back in 97, we used to get kids from all over the state, one kid had a 2hr bus ride every morning and afternoon, perfect to do homework on the ride home, or if you forgot to do something to get done on the ride in, but having to leave by like 5am to be at school for openings gotta suck! Nap time! I've heard it's changed big time..
JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #36 on: February 21, 2016, 06:25:02 PM
I'm not a daily drinker of "soda", but when I do it tends to be Irn Bru.  Dr Pepper, Coke and Sprite will also get a look-in if I'm in the mood.

Irn Bru... :drool:

When I was a kid,it was something you could only get in Belfast...once a year we'd go up on the train,and to me,that was the big treat.

Don't get me wrong,I'm pleased that it's so easily available in London,but it still surprises me!

You're right, you just have to go back 15-20 years and you'd be very lucky to see it anywhere in England.  I still bring some to the meet-ups in case I can't find any on the road.  :D  Also happens to be considered a very good hangover cure. :whistle:
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

nz Offline Syncop8r

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #37 on: April 06, 2016, 08:58:30 AM
Anyone else think about how diet soda could actually be worse for you than "normal" soda? The thinking behind this is we have not been using artificial sweeteners all that long and no one really knows the long term health risk behind them. They are for the most part chemicals. I personally rather just drink real sugar rather than more chemicals.

I agree, I believe artificial sweetners are no better for you (maybe worse) than sugar.
And sugar is BAD.

us Offline Ashley

• AKA Knife Crazied
Any "Soda" drinkers?
Reply #38 on: April 07, 2016, 03:40:02 AM
I only drink diet Pepsi almost all day everyday. I might take a drink of something else but vary rarely. Gotta have my POP! That was for you Tom.

Diet Pepsi is now aspartame free.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

us Offline rdub934

• No Life Club
  • Without POL, pilots are pedestrians
Reply #39 on: April 07, 2016, 09:26:04 PM
I am a big soda fan. These days I mostly drink the fancy-ish stuff. The "pepper" or "spicy cherry" flavored varieties are my preference. My fav being Virgil's Dr. Virgil :tu: I also really like ginger-based drinks, the spicier, the better! Cock and Bull is amazing! I have noticed that I can't drink nearly as much pop as I used to. About three a day was my normal day during my teens and early 20's. But I have eased up a lot and will usually only drink 1 a day. Also, I prefer glass bottles to cans, but cans are better than plastic. Another thing, I used to NOT like soda from the fountain but now I prefer it over a plastic bottle. At restaurants, I usually go with Dr. Pepper or Pibb, but I usually get them to put a lemon wedge in it for me - if you've never tried it, you really should. I like trying the new or limited edition flavors that the big guys release from time to time (more often these days) like Vanilla Dr. Pepper, Pepsi Lime, or Baja Blast Mtn Dew.

My wife got me a Soda Stream for Christmas back in 2010, probably to slow down my soda pop addiction (which worked) and I love it. I blend flavors a lot with it. The majority of the soda I drink now is Soda Stream
"I wanna introduce you to a very personal friend of mine. This is an M41A pulse rifle. Ten millimeter with over-and-under thirty millimeter pump action grenade launcher." - Cpl Hicks

us Offline Sazabi

Reply #40 on: April 07, 2016, 09:52:29 PM
I try to not drink too many sodas on a weekly basis, due to the sugar and caffeine content:  I average around 2 sixteen ounce sodas/equivalents a week.  When I do drink them, they tend to be ginger ale or sometimes a Sunkist, though I am still working through a couple liters of aloe vera "soda," that I've had lying around, which is my favorite currently. :cheers:

us Offline HarleyXJGuy

Reply #41 on: April 08, 2016, 04:27:54 AM
I worship.at the altar that is Pepsi.

Like way more then I should.

us Offline Pacu

Reply #42 on: April 08, 2016, 05:49:03 AM
I like all sorts of cokes. My favourite is Big Red and Mellow Yellow. Import Monster cokes are big around here as is cherry RC. 1 litre mexican cokes are awesome ice cold in the glass bottles.
:like:    :MTO:

us Offline rdub934

• No Life Club
  • Without POL, pilots are pedestrians
Reply #43 on: April 08, 2016, 03:47:03 PM
I like all sorts of cokes. My favourite is Big Red and Mellow Yellow. Import Monster cokes are big around here as is cherry RC. 1 litre mexican cokes are awesome ice cold in the glass bottles.

Inigo Montoya says...
Inigo Montoya.jpg
* Inigo Montoya.jpg (Filesize: 45.19 KB)
"I wanna introduce you to a very personal friend of mine. This is an M41A pulse rifle. Ten millimeter with over-and-under thirty millimeter pump action grenade launcher." - Cpl Hicks

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #44 on: April 08, 2016, 04:11:54 PM
I like soda/pop but but much more prefer lemonade or iced tea.  I guess what I was really liking was the carbonation.  Like Chako I got a sodastream and drink unflavored carbonated water from it.  When I want to be fancy I add crystal lite to it.   

Esse Quam Videri

us Offline ToolJoe

• No Life Club
Reply #45 on: April 08, 2016, 07:46:03 PM
I'm a sucker for Mountain Dew. Mrs. TJ likes Coke. Only Coke I like really is Mexican Coke..
I knew my wife was a keeper when she transitioned from calling it a knife thingy to a multi-tool.

I might be crazy but it's kept me from going insane- Waylon Jennings

ca Offline derekmac

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Little to the right...
Reply #46 on: April 09, 2016, 03:05:51 AM
Pop is so incredibly bad for you.  The less I drink, the better.  Though I do like a drink of diet Pepsi or diet Dr. Pepper every now and then.

Offline Dalton Siedschlag

Reply #47 on: April 09, 2016, 07:43:44 AM
Dr. Pepper for me, but I'll switch it up once and a while with coke. I need to cut back though...

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

bavaria Offline Humppa

Reply #48 on: April 09, 2016, 11:22:12 AM
Interessting to read, especially the guys from overseas.

I try not to drink too much sodas in general. But when I do I like Dr. Pepper and something we use to call Spezi (a mixture of cola and orange soda).

I use to drink water and coffee while I´m at work. When I´m at home I mostly drink water - and being bavarian: a lot of beer. But that´s some cultural thing I suppose.

When it is so darn hot in the summer, I like to drink an icecold Coke when I come home from work. I always put the bottle in fridge in morning, keep it the whole day and drink it when I come home.
You can call me Papa Andi

R.I.P. Lemmy Kilmister 24th Dec 1945 - 28th Dec 2015

Offline zatoichi

Reply #49 on: April 10, 2016, 08:57:51 AM
I drink lots of Diet Coke.

au Offline Brock O Lee

Reply #50 on: April 10, 2016, 09:28:38 AM
I am a huge fan of carbonated beverages, however, not of carbonated pop/soda. Years ago, I bought a Sodastream and of course, I had to try all the various flavours. I ended up tossing all of that syrup out because I didn't like any of them overly much. What I found, I just love carbonated water. So my Sodastream ensures I have a daily infusion of carbonated water. I find the Sodastream water is superior to Perrier's.

I used to drink the occasional soda, that was before I ditched sugar a year ago. At first I missed that ice cold Coke on a hot summers day, but now I find that a sparkling water quences my thirst just that same.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21
Site Currency: USD
50%