Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Who doesn't wear a Watch?

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious
Re: Who doesn't wear a Watch?
Reply #30 on: February 26, 2016, 03:13:03 PM
Who?! Who doesn't want to wear a watch?!

Show content

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
:rofl:
'Use the force Harry' - Gandalf

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #31 on: February 26, 2016, 03:23:48 PM
I had a Swatch too.  Nothing said 80's like Swatch!

I had won mine in a contest and it really was a bit too colorful for me at the time so I didn't wear it much but I learned to appreciate them for what they were.  The reinforced pins for the band made replacing the band a pain in the arse but it made the watch very secure.  And the laser sealed case was also a great idea as it made the watch more resistant to dust and water than pretty well anything else.

And, even though they aren't as prominent as they were in the 80's, they are still around, producing watches that are a bit more refined looking.  I may have to look into another one some time.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

gb Offline shibafu

Reply #32 on: February 26, 2016, 04:59:20 PM
I rarely wear a watch, and I don't usually carry a phone either.  I tend to find if I'm in a situation where I need to know the time, then usually there's a clock around.  And even if there's no clock, the bar staff will tell me when it's time to go home.

ca Offline Syph007

• Global Moderator
  • Absolutely No Life Club
  • SAK Surgeon
Reply #33 on: February 26, 2016, 07:12:44 PM
The last watch i owned was the one with a universal remote built int to.  Great fun at bars and stores messing up their tvs.   

I kind of want a pocketwatch now though.
PM me or email sakmodder [at] gmail . com if you are looking for custom SAK work.

Modding thread : Here
Facebook : SAKModder
Instagram : robertjlessard
Youtube : www.youtube.com/robertjlessard

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Reply #34 on: February 26, 2016, 07:35:18 PM
The last watch i owned was the one with a universal remote built int to.  Great fun at bars and stores messing up their tvs.   

I kind of want a pocketwatch now though.

Recently I thought about getting one of those...

>:D >:D >:D >:D

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

bavaria Offline Humppa

Reply #36 on: February 26, 2016, 07:40:51 PM
I got my first watch when I seven years old. In second grade at elementary school we learned how the watch works i. e. reading the time. I got one from my dad. And since then I wear a watch almost every single day.

Usually never leave home without it.
A watch on my wrist, a knife in my pocket and a pen in my jacket/vest is always with me almost since I´m eight years old when I got my first Vic.

So no - I don´t wear no watch. Always have on my wrist.
You can call me Papa Andi

R.I.P. Lemmy Kilmister 24th Dec 1945 - 28th Dec 2015

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #37 on: February 26, 2016, 07:47:45 PM
Honestly, apart from underwater, I did not wear a watch for over a decade, maybe 2, as I just never needed one. Then, last Easter I got into watches again, so I now have to wear one, to justify having so many.....  I do see them more as a gadget/jewelry rather than something I need.  The watch that got me interested again was a cheap knockoff G-shock.....

Kelly: "Daddy, what makes men cheat on women?
Al : "Women!"

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #38 on: February 26, 2016, 08:12:29 PM

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

pt Offline Ricardomfs

Reply #40 on: February 26, 2016, 11:32:01 PM
I never leave home without a watch, and sometimes i wear more then 4 different watches in a day! i also have a watch to give bath to my daughter :think: now that i´m thinking, that´s kind of weird :facepalm:

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #41 on: February 27, 2016, 02:54:57 AM
This is a forum dedicated to people who are determined to find the best set of folding pliers to keep in their pockets.

I don't think you'll find much judgement here.   :P

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline jerseydevil

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Join us! Embrace the Flicky Faith!
Reply #42 on: February 27, 2016, 06:10:42 AM
This is a forum dedicated to people who are determined to find the best set of folding pliers to keep in their pockets.

I don't think you'll find much judgement here.   :P

Def

Sorry Boss, but most of us aren't used to the traditional Canadian timekeeping of 30 min light, 23 1/2hr darkness.......:P
There's no such thing as "Too pretty to carry".  There's only "Too pretty NOT to carry"...... >:D

us Offline kmanct3

• No Life Club
Reply #43 on: February 27, 2016, 02:09:21 PM
I never take my watch off  :D It's my alarm for getting kids up for the school bus in the morning, timing things at work etc etc, I find it easier to just look at my wrist than to pull my phone out

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #44 on: February 27, 2016, 04:39:44 PM

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #45 on: March 07, 2016, 05:39:35 PM
I never take my watch off  :D It's my alarm for getting kids up for the school bus in the morning, timing things at work etc etc, I find it easier to just look at my wrist than to pull my phone out
This ^^^

The right watch is a multi-time keeping tool. 
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline captain spaulding

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
Reply #46 on: March 07, 2016, 05:47:58 PM
I don't know how I could get along without a G-Shock now. I use many of its features every single day. For example during work I need it to know the date. I also set the countdown timer for 15 minutes which I use to time my breaks. For lunch (30 minutes) I just use the timer twice. I use the countdown timer for timing my tea as well. I also use it as my alarm clock. I like doing this as its not to annoying of a sound yet wakes me every time. I also like how it is not reliant on a plug for power which will not work in a power outage and you may not get woken up for work. I also like how it does not rely on a battery that constantly needs charging because as we all know your phone or ipad battery is always dead when you need it the most.

These examples are just a very small portion of how much I utilize my G-Shock. I would be lost without it.
I'm the milk man!

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #47 on: March 07, 2016, 11:25:39 PM
I haven't worn a watch in years.

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #48 on: March 07, 2016, 11:29:16 PM
I'm wondering how many who don't wear a watch didn't as a youngster? 
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline sLaughterMed

• No Life Club
  • Nothing's typical around here
Reply #49 on: March 10, 2016, 03:46:40 AM
I actually wore a watch pretty often as a kid. Whenever I went to the neighbors house, my parents (mostly my father) insisted I be home by a certain time. Since this was before cell phones, the only way for me to make sure I was home on time (and to avoid getting in BIG TROUBLE) was to have a watch.

I just use my cell phone now, and set alarms based on my kids school and my wife's erratic work schedule (since somehow I became the designated timekeeper of my family ??? Not sure how that happened :think:). Keeping it charged used to be an issue, but now I just carry around a spare battery. Now I have issues keeping the spare battery fully charged ::)
Laughter is the best Medicine
Slaughter is just Laughter with an "S"

We are looking for Multitool Encyclopedia Editors! If you are interested, please give me a PM!

The Multitool Encyclopedia Editing for Dummies Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65751.0.html
Multitool Encyclopedia Suggested Edits Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65746.0.html

us Offline Gr8ToolFan

Reply #50 on: April 07, 2016, 03:38:15 PM
Always have always will! Practical and sentimental Reasons.

Since I was old enough to remember I have had a left wrist companion.

Special occasions are tied to that wrist bling.
 - High School Graduation = 1st Seiko from dad
 - Motorcycle accident = New Seiko helped save my wrist after being hit by a drunk driver while on my motorcycle. I flew through the air 20+ feet and came down on that wrist. The road racing leather gloves get most of the credit, but the Orthopedic Surgeon said the broken wrist bones would have been worse had the watch not been there. Now I have new wrist bling, but it is in the form of stainless steel plates, screws and pins.
 - ESQ bought on first trip to Bahamas. Steamed up 2 twice and was shipped in for repair/replacement. Working great since then.
 - Movado Museum Sapphire (nothing but hands and silver dot at 12 position) = Life long quest for this watch since first seeing it in the late 1980's. Bought in the early 2000's.
 - BMW watch = Impulse buy while sitting in the dealership doing paperwork.....wife bought it. Gotta love a woman who sees that sparkle in your eye for a new toy you wouldn't buy for yourself.
 - Other G-Shock, Seiko, fashion watches that fed my watch collecting addiction LOL.
 - Samsung Gear 2 = Geeking it out for the past 2 years. Love it ......when it is charged. Note to Samsung "Include a spare dongle or make it micro USB connectable". As a backup, I have my BMW in the computer bag wrapped in a microfiber cloth and padded envelope. Used once or twice a year, but I have to keep the wrist covered with something functional.

This all got started with my dad. When I was a kid digging through the basement I found a non working Rolex without a band. My dad explained that he got it while in France during his tour with the US Air Force in the early 1960's. Fast forward 35+ yrs and he got it functional again and is using it daily. From what my step mother tells me it is coming my way someday. I am not in a hurry to get it anytime soon. Dad smiles when I ask him what time it is and he looks at his wrist and then looks at mine and then gives my the official Rolex time LOL.
Life long blade, tool and gadget enthusiast!

us Offline obonaven

Reply #51 on: April 10, 2016, 04:19:09 AM
I never wore a watch until a month ago when my "lady friend" told me she thinks men who wear watches are sexy so I bought a watch.  I need all the help I can get!
Crunch (date code 0503 on both handles)
Surge
Squirt ES4 (Make: Bomb Defuser edition)
Orig Tool Adapter (Modded to work w/ newer tools)
Micra (2 SS)
Squirt P4 (Blue) & PS4 (Red)
Mini-Tool (Black Oxide - date code 0800 and 0101)
Mini-Tool (SS - date code 1198 on both sides)
Wave (New Style)
Kick
Wingman
Style (Black), Style CS (Black) & Style PS (Black)
Craftsman Multi-Tool (#45201)

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD