Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Merry Christmas, MTO!

us Offline ToolJoe

• No Life Club
Re: Merry Christmas, MTO!
Reply #30 on: December 25, 2022, 08:18:10 PM
Merry Christmas to all here!
I knew my wife was a keeper when she transitioned from calling it a knife thingy to a multi-tool.

I might be crazy but it's kept me from going insane- Waylon Jennings

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
Reply #31 on: December 25, 2022, 10:09:23 PM
The most snow I have seen in a long time. We got hit with around 100 cm of snow...and it is still snowing!

https://saultonline.com/2022/12/an-insane-amount-of-snow/

Here is a photo I just took. Lots of white stuff lol. That is my jeep in the background.

With that said, have a great Christmas. Stay safe.

20221225_161749A by Chako, on Flickr
« Last Edit: December 25, 2022, 10:24:55 PM by Chako »
A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Reply #32 on: December 25, 2022, 11:12:54 PM
What Jeep? Lol, we only got about 4in of snow but the winds were so bad I had to use the snowblower to cut snowdrifts as high as like 16in,,
JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

us Offline Old Happy Tiger

Reply #33 on: December 26, 2022, 02:22:20 AM
Merry Christmas to one and all! Sorry I have not been around here for a bit. I had a slight cancer scare, but I am OK! They got it before it was full blown.

I've been busy working as well. I also traveled down south further and brought back some more things of my late Father who pass in the beginner of the year.. Not the best year for me BUT we are back on track.

One thing that I brought back of my Father's was a sharpening stone, I feel like it was his Christmas gift to me.. I've had many regular sharpening stones but never knew about Arkansas stone and he had this one in a wood box. It's use with sharpening oil like mineral oil or water and so far it's been the BEST stone I've ever used and all of my knives it has really improved the edges on. I hope all of you have a great upcoming New Year! - OHT
"One day as a tiger is worth a thousand as a sheep."

us Offline Barry Rowland

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bon Journee!!
Reply #34 on: December 26, 2022, 02:34:53 AM
I'm really glad to hear they got it OHT!!   My son is our Master Stone Sharpener here... when you get the hang of them, there's no better sharpener out there! 

Godspeed to you and I hope the very best for you in '23!
Barry

us Offline Barry Rowland

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bon Journee!!
Reply #35 on: December 26, 2022, 02:35:40 AM
Merry Christmas and stay safe Chako!
The most snow I have seen in a long time. We got hit with around 100 cm of snow...and it is still snowing!

https://saultonline.com/2022/12/an-insane-amount-of-snow/

Here is a photo I just took. Lots of white stuff lol. That is my jeep in the background.

With that said, have a great Christmas. Stay safe.

20221225_161749A by Chako, on Flickr
Barry

us Offline Barry Rowland

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bon Journee!!
Reply #36 on: December 26, 2022, 02:37:10 AM
Wind is what got us too JR.   If it hadn't froze on us we'd be in a lot worse shape here too.
What Jeep? Lol, we only got about 4in of snow but the winds were so bad I had to use the snowblower to cut snowdrifts as high as like 16in,,
JR
Barry

us Offline Pacu

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #37 on: December 26, 2022, 03:47:05 AM
Merry Christmas y'all. No snow here in East Texas but it got windy and super cold last couple of days.  Finally was tolerable today. Got up to 40f.
:like:    :MTO:

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #38 on: December 26, 2022, 04:20:20 AM
Merry Christmas to one and all! Sorry I have not been around here for a bit. I had a slight cancer scare, but I am OK! They got it before it was full blown.

I've been busy working as well. I also traveled down south further and brought back some more things of my late Father who pass in the beginner of the year.. Not the best year for me BUT we are back on track.

One thing that I brought back of my Father's was a sharpening stone, I feel like it was his Christmas gift to me.. I've had many regular sharpening stones but never knew about Arkansas stone and he had this one in a wood box. It's use with sharpening oil like mineral oil or water and so far it's been the BEST stone I've ever used and all of my knives it has really improved the edges on. I hope all of you have a great upcoming New Year! - OHT

Great to hear that they got the cancer :salute: Glad you were able to get some of your fathers things and that you have a nice sharpening stone to remember him by as well :cheers:

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #39 on: December 26, 2022, 04:20:50 AM
Great to hear from so many of you and once again, Merry Christmas to you all :woohoo: :like:

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #40 on: December 26, 2022, 05:23:59 AM
Condolences OHT, so happy to hear they got the cancer early.  May 2023 be filled with health and laughter. 

Have fun with the Arkansas stone. 
Esse Quam Videri

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
Reply #41 on: December 26, 2022, 01:28:42 PM
 :iagree:

Just spent an hour shoveling and not much to show for it. Got a snowblower in the garage but there is no way I can get to it with a 10 foot snow drift doing its best to block my passage across my property. It is good to have a sense of humour at times like this. :D

Stay safe everyone.  :salute:
A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

us Offline Farmer X

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Master of the unexciting
Reply #42 on: December 26, 2022, 10:51:01 PM
I hope all of you have a great upcoming New Year!
Same to you. Good to see you posting again!
USN 2000-2006

Afflicted with Alox-Pox and seeking the cure: more Alox!

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Reply #43 on: December 27, 2022, 02:49:57 PM
The Mrs finally put up some pics, and well, one little family tradition that the Mrs does is every year she gets us all new pj’s.. we open them Xmas eve so we can wear them that day as we do our other family ritual which is watch Xmas movies and enjoy finger foods all day, by the time it’s dinner we’ll order just a pizza cause we can’t put anything else down besides a slice or two, and we’re done this year half the food didn’t even get cooked and half the pizza didn’t even get touched, and of course we have to wear the pj’s for Xmas so we all match, but as the Mrs/mom took the pic of the kid and me I busted out laughing idk why, but it must have been good because I even got the kid to start laughing, but by the forth pic I finally held it in.. just figured this would give you all some Xmas cheer even though it’s two days later.. and a few others to show just how goofy we can be, lol
JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21
Site Currency: USD
50%