Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Victorinox Emblems

us Offline fischereco2

Victorinox Emblems
on: April 05, 2016, 11:22:19 PM
Hey all,

New user here. I've got a Victorinox OHT I've carried with me every day for the last few years. I use this knife for everything from camping to food prep to office tasks. Honestly, I never realized I even liked this knife or Swiss Army Knives in general until the scales started popping off and I considered replacing it. I thought about everything this blade has gotten me through and I realized that I would have a hard time moving on to something else.

So, I decided to do right by my OHT and fix her up a bit. I'm going to replace the dinged up and slightly bent aluminum liners with brass, and do some buffalo horn scales. My question is, is there a place I can find some metal or enamel Victorinox emblems? I would like to still have the shield symbol on the scales, but I'm not sure where to source that part. I feel like I've seen other custom stag handles and things with shields inletted.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated and I'll throw up some pics when I'm finished.

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Re: Victorinox Emblems
Reply #1 on: April 05, 2016, 11:27:39 PM
First off welcome to the forum :cheers: Good on ya for wanting to give your trusted companion some TLC as well :salute: I know there on def some people on here that can help you but unfortunately I am not one of them :oops: I am sure they will be along shortly to help though :tu:

us Offline ColoSwiss

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #2 on: April 06, 2016, 02:03:43 AM
Can't help you out, but welcome to the forum.  :cheers:

us Offline Joe58

Reply #3 on: April 06, 2016, 02:10:09 AM
Welcome to the forum and a suggestion may be to post in the Modding sub forum.

Many talented modders lurking hereabouts.
🇨🇭

us Offline NetsNJ

Reply #4 on: April 06, 2016, 02:23:28 AM
Your best bet might be buying a cheap used Spartan or something on eBay and extracting the metal inlay shield from that knife.

us Offline yud

• No Life Club
  • Still has a SOGgy feeling
Reply #5 on: April 06, 2016, 03:24:19 AM
Your best bet might be buying a cheap used Spartan or something on eBay and extracting the metal inlay shield from that knife.

Yep, buy an old SAK and pop off the scales and there is a little hole that you can use to pop off the shield.

Just another weirdo with a beard :B:

Knight of the SOSAK and Defender of the sacred nail file

us Offline tjfarrington2000

Reply #6 on: April 06, 2016, 03:26:39 AM

Yep, buy an old SAK and pop off the scales and there is a little hole that you can use to pop off the shield.
Agreed

be Offline stunkel

Reply #7 on: April 07, 2016, 10:15:34 AM
I found some pins on the German Ebay.
The red little one has the same size as thelogo on the scales.
pin 1.JPG
* pin 1.JPG (Filesize: 349.62 KB)

gr Offline firiki

• Cats have pocket knives of their own
Reply #8 on: April 07, 2016, 10:24:24 AM

I like it how people at Victorinox seem to hold the Huntsman in high esteem. I mean, they could have made lapel pins with other models, say an Explorer, apparently though they opt for the Huntsman (my favourite 91mm SAK :D) so far.
Omnia vincit amor. Vae victis.

ro Offline Corwyn

• No Life Club
Reply #9 on: April 07, 2016, 10:46:35 AM

I like it how people at Victorinox seem to hold the Huntsman in high esteem. I mean, they could have made lapel pins with other models, say an Explorer, apparently though they opt for the Huntsman (my favourite 91mm SAK :D) so far.

I'm not sure the Huntsman is such a great seller, but it looks iconic: blade, openers, scissors, saw... the quintessential SAK tools... this what people think about when they think SAK - not mags or IL Philips...
Corwyn of Multitool, the First of His name, King of Victorinox, King of Leatherman, Gerber and the First Generation SOG, Lord of the Seven Wrenches, Protector of the Forum, Khal of the Bushes, called Corwyn Toolborn, the Unsharpened, Father of SAKs.

gr Offline firiki

Reply #10 on: April 07, 2016, 11:45:42 AM

I'm not sure the Huntsman is such a great seller, but it looks iconic: blade, openers, scissors, saw... the quintessential SAK tools... this what people think about when they think SAK - not mags or IL Philips...

:tu: I agree with almost everything you said, mate, except I'm not sure the Huntsman isn't a great seller as it's a no nonsense SAK in a fairly small package. That's what I like about it anyway (along with the fact it comes with nylon scales :D) and people at Vic seem to agree with you as well.

I mean, the Cybertool is great but I doubt it would look convincing on a lapel pin!

Edit: Spelling
« Last Edit: April 07, 2016, 11:50:11 AM by firiki »

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Reply #11 on: April 07, 2016, 12:30:48 PM
Welcome to the forum and a suggestion may be to post in the Modding sub forum.

Many talented modders lurking hereabouts.

+1, +1, +1!

:cheers:

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

us Offline fischereco2

Reply #12 on: April 07, 2016, 04:03:32 PM
Thanks for the helpful replies, I appreciate it.

Funny enough I found an old, ratty Swiss Gear backpack in my closet that is covered in different enamel and metal shields. I might cut some of them off and play around with that. I guess I'll see how the scales look on their own first, according to USPS my scale material should be in the mail today!

nl Offline shenkie

Reply #13 on: April 07, 2016, 04:51:47 PM

The Huntsman is one of the best selling Victorinox items (top 5). Together with the SwissChamp it's the only model that has it's own automatic machine that assembles it. All other models are assembled by hand.

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious
Reply #14 on: April 07, 2016, 04:52:44 PM

The Huntsman is one of the best selling Victorinox items (top 5). Together with the SwissChamp it's the only model that has it's own automatic machine that assembles it. All other models are assembled by hand.
Thanks for the info! I love this site!  :salute:
'Use the force Harry' - Gandalf

us Offline NetsNJ

Reply #15 on: April 07, 2016, 07:13:28 PM
Based on eBay, I'd guess Spartan, Climber, Huntsman, Tinker, Camper, Swiss Champ are the highest-quantity models (in that order), but that is by no means scientific.  It is pretty dang hard to find used Handymans or Craftsmans!   >:(
« Last Edit: April 07, 2016, 07:14:30 PM by NetsNJ »

gr Offline firiki

Reply #16 on: April 07, 2016, 09:27:27 PM
Based on eBay, I'd guess Spartan, Climber, Huntsman, Tinker, Camper, Swiss Champ are the highest-quantity models (in that order), but that is by no means scientific. It is pretty dang hard to find used Handymans or Craftsmans!   >:(

Vic Handyman is my second favourite 91mm SAK after the Huntsman. Amazing tool count/weight/size ratio!

I've put nylon scales on mine, though. I wish Vic would make nylon scales more easily available  :-\

gr Offline firiki

Reply #17 on: April 07, 2016, 09:29:14 PM

Thanks for the info! I love this site!  :salute:

+1  :drink:

gr Offline firiki

Reply #18 on: April 07, 2016, 09:37:13 PM
Thanks for the helpful replies, I appreciate it.

:facepalm:

Sorry for the off-topic, OP. I thought I was posting in this thread http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65583.0.html

us Offline fischereco2

Reply #19 on: April 07, 2016, 10:08:34 PM
It's all good! I thought it was an interesting tangent lol.

gr Offline firiki

Reply #20 on: April 07, 2016, 10:26:28 PM
:cheers:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00