Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Orange Raptor

Offline JJR512

Orange Raptor
on: May 05, 2016, 05:21:45 AM
I've recently decided to start a Raptor collection, my goal being to have one of each color. As far as I can find out, there are six versions: all black, black/orange, red, green, tan, and all orange.

I've spoken to a customer service rep at LM, amd they've informed me that the black version and tan version are available to any retailer. The black/orange version is exclusive to Cabela's, the red version is exclusive to REI, and the green version is exclusive to a wholesaler (Pacific Fly Warehouse) and as far as I can tell, is only carried by Sportsman's Warehouse. It is no longer available on their website, though some stores still have some in stock.

The Leatherman rep also tells me he vaguely recalls seeing a blue-handled Raptor once, but it was never produced. He believes it may have only been a prototype or sample.

That leave the all-orange version. I've seen it in a video, and I've seen it in a post here in this forum. The Leatherman rep says only samples were made and sent out as demo units, but there were apparently some issues and they decided not to manufacture this version. I'm not sure what the issue was; it couldn't have been with the orange plastic, since they're using it on the black/orange version for Cabela's. Regardless, since it was never a production item, they claim they have no record of how many samples were made, or where they wound up.

Anyway, the point of all this is that I am still in the hunt for an all-orange Raptor. I've sent a message to the person who posted a photo here but have not heard back. So now I'm asking everyone: If you have a Raptor with two orange handles, or know anyone who does, or even think you may know where to find one...please let me know. I would very much like to acquire one. I can offer cash, and/or a green one as partial trade. Please let me know. Thanks!

us Offline NKlamerus

• No Life Club
  • Captain's Apprentice
Re: Orange Raptor
Reply #1 on: May 05, 2016, 05:59:40 AM
A kick-smurf post, but no photos??

us Offline kaput

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: May 05, 2016, 06:19:26 AM
A kick-smurf post, but no photos??

I have a feeling it's the third one  ::)
multi-tools—folding contraptions fixed with all kinds of doo-dads

us Offline rishardh

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: May 05, 2016, 06:32:43 AM
From what I read LM had to recall the all Orange Raptors soon after they were launched due to some Trademark infringement with Friskars Scissors but still a few were sold. I then saw an all Orange Raptor in Cabellas last summer and quickly grabbed it knowing it was going to be a rare lizard. I think it might have been a returned item and was lucky to be there when it was put back on the shelf. I hope you find one too.

Sorry for the crappy pic, too tired  :) Digging the 4th one Kaput   :drool:

LMRaptor1.JPG
* LMRaptor1.JPG (Filesize: 145.12 KB)

us Offline David

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #4 on: May 05, 2016, 08:50:47 AM
I seriously doubt you will get Bob's orange Raptor.  :D   Cabelas had them a year ago. I guess there were issues.    :)
What? Enablers! Are you serrrrious? Where? I dont see any.
Hold Fast

fi Offline Padre

Reply #5 on: May 05, 2016, 04:26:43 PM
Fiskars doesn't like that.

On the VERY IMPORTANT sidenote: I like my Fiskars black, like I like my Raptor too, BUT Orange Raptor would be freaking NICE!
Get your hands on it if you have a chance!
« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 04:31:26 PM by Padre »
Leatherman:
Charge TTi, AL, Squirt PS4, Surge, Juice XE6, CS4, S2, ST300, Crunch, OHT, MUT, Rebar, Brewzer, Signal, Raptor, Tool Adapter, Croc, Wave, Style CS, Freestyle, Skeletool RX, Micra, Wingman
SOG:
PPP, PowerLock, SwitchPlier 2.0, Paratool, PowerAssist, Reactor, CrossCut, PowerPlay
Gerber:
FliK, MP600 ProScout, MP600 blunt, Dime, MP-1, Diesel, MP400
Bahco:
MTT151, MTT051, MTT121
Knives:
Spyderco PM2, Tatanka, Bug, ZT 0452CF, CS Recon1XL, Benchmade 940-1 and 482
SAKs:
Too many to list here...

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!