Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

The Pioneer X Owners Club

yud · 986 · 67999

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
Re: The Pioneer X Owners Club
Reply #900 on: July 24, 2020, 07:40:44 PM

fail to prepare prepare to fail

us Offline 39hotrod

• No Life Club
Reply #901 on: July 25, 2020, 01:33:32 PM
 :like: :cheers:
All who wander are not lost..

It only take a little bit of sharp..

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
Reply #902 on: July 25, 2020, 02:28:37 PM
Thanks hotrod  :cheers: :tu:

us Offline BClogic

• No Life Club
Reply #903 on: July 25, 2020, 05:38:05 PM
Does anyone else become slightly annoyed with the scissors nail nick on the PX? I cut my teeth on the Fieldmaster so I always feel for the blade and can find the scissors after (if that makes sense). Perhaps I’m just being difficult or trying to find a reason to dislike the PX
:whistle: :rofl:
Awlways know if the juice is worth the squeeze.

us Offline ElevenBlade

• No Life Club
Reply #904 on: July 25, 2020, 06:14:42 PM
Does anyone else become slightly annoyed with the scissors nail nick on the PX? I cut my teeth on the Fieldmaster so I always feel for the blade and can find the scissors after (if that makes sense). Perhaps I’m just being difficult or trying to find a reason to dislike the PX

Oddly enough, I am quite used to the nail nick on the PX scissors (such that the Champ scissors require some searching). 
I know exactly where to find it - I hold the knife "by the suspension clip" (in a manner of speaking for illustrative purposes) in the left hand, with the shield facing me.  all the nail nicks are now facing me as well.  So for the scissors, I go straight to the right side, middle layer. 

What might be awkward is - in that orientation, the right hand would have to arc over the left hand to open the scissors.  But what I do out of habit is open the scissors "upside down" in reference to the way I open the knife blade.  Similar to what is seen in this GIF, but with my right thumbnail in the nick and the handle in the left hand.  (hands reverse of image)

On a side note - I tried to open the knife as seen in the GIF and since I am right handed, I dont feel safe using my left thumbnail for the pull.  I switch hands once I open the knife every time. 

* 5f1c5a3e55557308445876.jpg (Filesize: 5.52 KB)

pt Offline MacGyver

• No Life Club
Reply #905 on: July 25, 2020, 06:41:46 PM
Does anyone else become slightly annoyed with the scissors nail nick on the PX? I cut my teeth on the Fieldmaster so I always feel for the blade and can find the scissors after (if that makes sense). Perhaps I%u2019m just being difficult or trying to find a reason to dislike the PX

Doesn't really bother me at all. Got used to it pretty quick. It just has a little less room on the nail nick cause the can opener is in the way more.

What i find however, is that the back spring on the scissors has noticeably less snap than on the cellidor models.... Maube it's just tha lack of a tool in the back, and it being peen'd down in the middle rather than "floating" like on the cellidor models...  :think:
"Another Day...; a whole n'other set of fresh possibilities..." - MacGyver (S1E19 - "Slow Death")

us Offline BClogic

• No Life Club
Reply #906 on: July 25, 2020, 06:45:47 PM
Oddly enough, I am quite used to the nail nick on the PX scissors (such that the Champ scissors require some searching). 
I know exactly where to find it - I hold the knife "by the suspension clip" (in a manner of speaking for illustrative purposes) in the left hand, with the shield facing me.  all the nail nicks are now facing me as well.  So for the scissors, I go straight to the right side, middle layer. 

What might be awkward is - in that orientation, the right hand would have to arc over the left hand to open the scissors.  But what I do out of habit is open the scissors "upside down" in reference to the way I open the knife blade.  Similar to what is seen in this GIF, but with my right thumbnail in the nick and the handle in the left hand.  (hands reverse of image)

On a side note - I tried to open the knife as seen in the GIF and since I am right handed, I dont feel safe using my left thumbnail for the pull.  I switch hands once I open the knife every time.
Great explanation EB. Tried it and it feels natural, guess I was looking for excuses :twak: :rofl:

us Offline BClogic

• No Life Club
Reply #907 on: July 25, 2020, 06:53:10 PM
Doesn't really bother me at all. Got used to it pretty quick. It just has a little less room on the nail nick cause the can opener is in the way more.

What i find however, is that the back spring on the scissors has noticeably less snap than on the cellidor models.... Maube it's just tha lack of a tool in the back, and it being peen'd down in the middle rather than "floating" like on the cellidor models...  :think:
My PX has way more spring to it. So much I actually just cut my finger when my thumb nail slipped out of the nail nick! Ouch!  :rofl: :rant:

us Offline ElevenBlade

• No Life Club
Reply #908 on: July 25, 2020, 07:13:44 PM
My PX has way more spring to it. So much I actually just cut my finger when my thumb nail slipped out of the nail nick! Ouch!  :rofl: :rant:

Ditto... I often lose my grip on the tool as I am extracting it. 

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
Reply #909 on: July 25, 2020, 07:25:34 PM
I have no problem with the scissors  :tu:

us Offline BClogic

• No Life Club
Reply #910 on: July 25, 2020, 07:32:20 PM
I have no problem with the scissors  :tu:
You’re the PX champion though, we are but mere mortals

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
Reply #911 on: July 25, 2020, 07:32:42 PM
Thanks  :rofl: :like:

us Offline BClogic

• No Life Club
Reply #912 on: July 25, 2020, 07:38:11 PM

us Offline smiller43147

• No Life Club
Reply #913 on: July 25, 2020, 08:34:42 PM
Although the cellidor models have a certain acoustical snap to them, I have always found the snap, in terms of the force, is far greater on the 93mm alox.
I find that I need to get a finger under the scissor as soon as I can on the PX/FX in order to open them.
Anything Goes 2020 - 1 (27).jpeg
* Anything Goes 2020 - 1 (27).jpeg (Filesize: 144.96 KB)
- Steve

us Offline BClogic

• No Life Club
Reply #914 on: July 25, 2020, 08:51:48 PM
Although the cellidor models have a certain acoustical snap to them, I have always found the snap, in terms of the force, is far greater on the 93mm alox.
I find that I need to get a finger under the scissor as soon as I can on the PX/FX in order to open them.
Yep, me as well.

gb Offline SurgeUk

• Global Moderator
  • Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #915 on: July 25, 2020, 09:58:15 PM
They don't like it up 'em!

us Offline ElevenBlade

• No Life Club
Reply #916 on: July 25, 2020, 11:04:13 PM
Same here.  It's also my only SAK where I don't take extra care to keep the blades in line, and not do a backflip... disengaging the spring upon opening.  Normally I would worry that the moving parts are a prime target for breakage. But in this case I make an exception as the risk of a premature closure or flesh wound is more dear than a replacement leaf spring.

pt Offline MacGyver

• No Life Club
Reply #917 on: July 26, 2020, 12:19:06 AM
Well... all i can say is i'm very surprised by this....

Both my PX's came, new out of the box, with a noticeably less spring snap on the scissors than any of my cellidor models, especially when closing them  :o
Maybe they got complaints about excessive spring snap on the scissors and decided to tone it down a little or maybe it's just mine...   :dunno:
Maybe it will loosen up over time with use.

All other tools, yes.... way more spring snap that cellidor models for sure  :ahhh

Same here.  It's also my only SAK where I don't take extra care to keep the blades in line, and not do a backflip...

I'm afraid you've lost me there...
What do you mean...?  :think:
« Last Edit: July 26, 2020, 12:25:41 AM by MacGyver »
"Another Day...; a whole n'other set of fresh possibilities..." - MacGyver (S1E19 - "Slow Death")

us Offline ElevenBlade

• No Life Club
Reply #918 on: July 26, 2020, 12:54:46 AM
Well... all i can say is i'm very surprised by this....

Both my PX's came, new out of the box, with a noticeably less spring snap on the scissors than any of my cellidor models, especially when closing them  :o
Maybe they got complaints about excessive spring snap on the scissors and decided to tone it down a little or maybe it's just mine...   :dunno:
Maybe it will loosen up over time with use.

All other tools, yes.... way more spring snap that cellidor models for sure  :ahhh

I'm afraid you've lost me there...
What do you mean...?  :think:

I do have waaayyy more spring snap than on a 91mm model

Heres a picture of what I mean... I hope .  The un-fixed handle of the scissors rotating further apart, and coming away from the leaf spring...
rsz_img_3672.jpg
* rsz_img_3672.jpg (Filesize: 150.82 KB)

pt Offline MacGyver

• No Life Club
Reply #919 on: July 26, 2020, 12:31:50 PM
I do have waaayyy more spring snap than on a 91mm model

Heres a picture of what I mean... I hope .  The un-fixed handle of the scissors rotating further apart, and coming away from the leaf spring...

I have a feeling we are talking about different things..... :think:

I'm talking about the back spring of the tool, not the leaf spring that opens the scissors...

us Offline ElevenBlade

• No Life Club
Reply #920 on: July 26, 2020, 02:52:33 PM
I have a feeling we are talking about different things..... :think:

I'm talking about the back spring of the tool, not the leaf spring that opens the scissors...

Im talking about both things... separately... but at the same time. 

I'm saying that because the backspring of the tool is so stiff, I have to make an adjustment in how I open the tool.  In order to get the scissors out in a safe and fluid motion (which is problematic because of the backspring) I need to "catch" it, or and pull the handle instead of the scissors.  This results in what can potentially damage the leaf spring if I'm not careful. 

pt Offline MacGyver

• No Life Club
Reply #921 on: July 26, 2020, 03:09:30 PM
Im talking about both things... separately... but at the same time. 

I'm saying that because the backspring of the tool is so stiff, I have to make an adjustment in how I open the tool.  In order to get the scissors out in a safe and fluid motion (which is problematic because of the backspring) I need to "catch" it, or and pull the handle instead of the scissors.  This results in what can potentially damage the leaf spring if I'm not careful.

Oh, ok... I got it now  :tu:

I'm really surprised that the springs on some PX are so stiff, and yet even more surprised mine aren't...   :think:
My main issue is more on closing the scissors than opening it. I think it's down to the peening, i think... It feels like when the tools are a bit over peen'd and a bit stiff opening and closing.
But like i've said before, it will probably loosen over time with use letting the stronger back spring put the pressure on it more freely

pt Offline MacGyver

• No Life Club
Reply #922 on: September 28, 2020, 10:43:16 AM
This thread (and club) needs a good bump...  :salute:

Love this SAK. We need a PX emoji....  :D

gb Offline SurgeUk

• Global Moderator
Reply #923 on: September 29, 2020, 12:48:14 AM
This thread (and club) needs a good bump...  :salute:

(Image removed from quote.)

Love this SAK. We need a PX emoji....  :D
:iagree: :tu:
They don't like it up 'em!

us Offline 39hotrod

• No Life Club
Reply #924 on: September 29, 2020, 02:18:07 PM
 :like: :cheers:
All who wander are not lost..

It only take a little bit of sharp..

Offline Mattexian

Reply #925 on: November 11, 2020, 05:49:05 AM
Feels like this needs another bump.

I call this my city-boy carry! ;)

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk

R

us Offline El Corkscrew

Reply #926 on: November 11, 2020, 07:35:00 AM
Still carrying my MTO PX at least once a week
“All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure.” - Mark Twain

za Offline Max Stone

Reply #927 on: November 11, 2020, 10:11:12 AM
Feels like this needs another bump.

I call this my city-boy carry! ;)(Image removed from quote.)

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk
Could not resist...sorry  ::)
Screenshot 2020-11-11 110656.jpg
* Screenshot 2020-11-11 110656.jpg (Filesize: 158.25 KB)
Education is a journey that starts when you realize that knowing a little about something opens the door to the universe.

pt Offline MacGyver

• No Life Club
Reply #928 on: November 11, 2020, 12:22:10 PM
 :salute:

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #929 on: November 11, 2020, 04:26:38 PM
Still carrying my MTO PX at least once a week
Howdy, new guy! :D

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31