Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Nordic flashlights

Offline Anthony

• No Life Club
  • Improvise.
Nordic flashlights
on: January 21, 2007, 04:45:32 AM
Has anyone ever used/handled one?  A bunch of diffrent design are at a local closeout/dicount store I might visit tomorrow.  Apparently Nordic made lights specifically for the military, then tried to move into the domestic sales market, and failed...therefore the stuff is now discounted!  It doesn't say where they are made, so I'm assuming China...

http://www.nordiclites.com/index.htm
[

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Re: Nordic flashlights
Reply #1 on: January 21, 2007, 04:58:30 AM
Apparently they are partnered with Kel-Lite, but the only info I can find on them is about 25 years out of date.

Maybe someone else can help?

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline NutSAK

• Admin Team
  • Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #2 on: January 21, 2007, 02:02:53 PM
From the small amount of information I can find, they "formed via partnership with Kel-lite" (from Nordic's website).  However, I also know that Brinkman bought the rights to Kel-lite designs when Kel-lite went out of business.  The Brinkman Legend lights were designed as a result of this.

Anyhow, since Nordic's address is on Long Island, I would also suspect that the lights are imported.  This would be pure speculation.  Their site offers contact information, so you may want to try sending them an email with your questions.
- Terry

Offline Anthony

• No Life Club
  • Improvise.
Reply #3 on: January 22, 2007, 05:22:22 AM
I headed down and picked up two kinds..the 1 Watt Precision LED Flashlight and a "Nite-Site-Lite" with a peice that can attach to make it a flexable neck type thing.

The LED is great, although I don't own any of the expensive ones.  Well worth the $10 I paid (and it came with Energizer batteries!)

The nite site thing is based on the Mini-Mag; I only bought it for the flex neck thing and the red filter setting...$8 and batteries included :)
[

Offline Anthony

• No Life Club
  • Improvise.
Reply #4 on: January 23, 2007, 05:31:05 AM
Nite site broke, and upon taking it apart to fix it, I realized it's typical made in china BS....  The LED flashlight is solid though...weird...almost like two diffrent manufacturers..
[

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #5 on: January 23, 2007, 12:28:42 PM
It very likely could be two different manufacturers.  Often a company will start with one basic component then add "value" by tossing in super cheap add ons so they can charge more for it, increasing the profit margin by a large percentage.

Unfortunately, it's the same with alot of products.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline eodtech

• No Life Club
  • Rule #9 - Never go anywhere without a knife.
Reply #6 on: January 24, 2007, 03:39:10 AM
Apparently they are partnered with Kel-Lite, but the only info I can find on them is about 25 years out of date.
Def

Kel-Lite went out of business 20-25 years ago,  I am looking for a used Kel-Lite if anyone has one for sale.

thanx

Why do I carry a 45 ?
Because they don't make a 46 !

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56