Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Hurricane warzone

Pacu · 9 · 1155

us Offline Pacu

• Absolutely No Life Club
Hurricane warzone
on: September 17, 2008, 06:13:06 AM
Ike tore Galveston and Houston a new one. People are waiting in line 6-12 hours for 20 bucks worth of gas. Grocery stores are wiped out. Malaria and west nile are possible due to skeeters .  Galveston is under a media blackout for some strange reason. Fema is dropping the ball on food, ice and water deliveries. Power will be out until mid october.

It's amazing how people are not self sufficient. People as a whole forgot how to take care of themselves and expect the government to handle it all.

:like:    :MTO:

us Offline ducktapehero

• No Life Club
  • Plants should be smoked, not eaten.
Re: Hurricane warzone
Reply #1 on: September 17, 2008, 06:22:07 AM
People as a whole forgot how to take care of themselves and expect the government to handle it all.
Yep, and the people who didn't evacuate will now blame the government for "failing" them.
http://ducksrandomthoughts.blogspot.com - or follow me on Twitter- @ducksthoughts

It's hard to say nipple without smirking.

us Offline Smitty44

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: September 17, 2008, 06:41:37 AM
I'm just glad to hear from my brother that lives just west of Houston is OK,he said we still don't have power,but I've got a roof over my head!! :salute:

PS I was glad to hear that we have got 600 of my fellow troops there now on the search and rescue team.

ph Offline duckman1975

• No Life Club
  • Naked without my multitool!
Reply #3 on: September 17, 2008, 10:12:57 AM
My prayers goes out to those affected by the storm, I know its hell but hoping things will work itself out. I'm just wondering why most people in hurricane states in the US are still using wood for construction of houses not concrete which is stronger? Is it because of cost or building restriction of the state?
Multitools are the best thing that happened to mankind since the invention of the wheel!

gb Offline Mike, Lord of the Spammers!

• Chief of the Absolutely No Life Club!
  • Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here...
  • Why haven't you got a Farmer yet!
Reply #4 on: September 17, 2008, 10:17:05 AM
Best of luck to all involved :)
Give in, buy several Farmer's!!!!!!

us Offline EZ822

Reply #5 on: September 17, 2008, 12:02:06 PM
My mom and sister live just north of Houston. They made it through OK. But my heart goes out to all those people that lost so much.
Erick

Offline I'm Still Bison

• No Life Club
  • Supreme Planetary Overlord trainee
Reply #6 on: September 17, 2008, 04:16:53 PM
@ Pacu,I'm glad to hear from you and thet you're safe
 @ e-dog,I'm glad your family is safe. I lived in Fairfield, some years ago about midway between Dallas and Houston,there's a bunch of mighty fine upstanding people down there,and I know that Texan's resilience and resolve will carry them through,and make things good as new.

"It's amazing how people are not self sufficient. People as a whole forgot how to take care of themselves and expect the government to handle it all."
 Personally,I feel self sufficiency is discouraged.When people realize they can get by with a minimum of govermental assistance,bureaucrats tremble for the safety of their payday.
I

Offline jock1

• No Life Club
Reply #7 on: September 17, 2008, 06:06:14 PM
My thoughts are with all those affected by this terrible storm

us Offline Pacu

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #8 on: September 18, 2008, 05:32:45 AM
I'm not bad off. I packed up the wife, beagles, and my cat and headed to my inlaws 200 miles north. We haven't gone back yet. Power should be back on this weekend hopefully. Hope my fish are still alive when i get back home. Left a red devil, jaguar cichlid, and a red zebra to their fate. Each one is in a tank to their selves so oxygen shouldn't be a prob. Nitrates and bacteria bloom might get them. Sorry my fish are just like a cat or dog to me.

I'm dreading the fridge. All festering since last week when the power went out. mmmmm rotten death stench :drool:

I feel for those whos homes are gone in Galveston. People are lined up for miles trying to see if they have a home to go back to only to be turned away.
:like:    :MTO:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD