Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

FYI: The Victorinox Color Twins ...

Storky · 14 · 1420

wales Offline hiraethus

• Admin Team
  • Absolutely No Life Club
  • I brake for cake
Re: FYI: The Victorinox Color Twins ...
Reply #1 on: June 06, 2016, 11:08:58 AM
Mmmmmm, sausage knife. :drool:

I wonder if they'll be selling the Spartans or scales separately?

us Offline captain spaulding

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
Reply #2 on: June 06, 2016, 11:25:02 AM
Oh man I wish I had those!  :drool:
I'm the milk man!

us Offline toolguy

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: June 06, 2016, 11:44:13 PM
They're nice but the owner is too stubborn to ship to the U.S.He forces U.S. buyers to pay shipping to an EU address,pay VAT and then pay additional shipping to the U.S.

The necessity to jump through those hoops,in order to purchase,kills the enthusiasm to buy these new introductions.
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."  **Edmund Burke**

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."    **Benjamin Franklin**

us Offline strmliner

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: June 07, 2016, 07:25:11 AM
Though I haven't checked in with Vic US, I'd bet that we'll be seeing these in North America sometime this summer.

There were on the poster that somebody here posted a link to back in Jan/Feb.  I saved a copy (included below).

vic2016  calendar.jpg
* vic2016 calendar.jpg (Filesize: 266.43 KB)
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they go."    -Will Rogers

00 Offline Thunderpants

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: June 07, 2016, 07:33:04 AM
Cos I really need a tomato knife and another Spartan...

I wish they'd put these scales on a more interesting SAK. The Huntsman/Climber/Spartans always get the fun scales... when are the Tinkers, Mountaineers, or even the Fishermen gonna get something special? (An orange Fisherman with the fishy inlay - that would be awesome.)

de Offline lowtech

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: June 07, 2016, 09:03:38 AM
They're nice but the owner is too stubborn to ship to the U.S.He forces U.S. buyers to pay shipping to an EU address,pay VAT and then pay additional shipping to the U.S.

The necessity to jump through those hoops,in order to purchase,kills the enthusiasm to buy these new introductions.

I can understand you. But AFAIK this is a small business, mainly run by one person. From my last job (selling high end electronic and electromechanic parts) I know what hassle it can be to ship worldwide officially. I am not sure if I would want to go through all that for a few SAKs sold worldwide, especially as there is a quite big distributor network anyways.
Regarding these SAKs, I think it will be no problem finding a member in germany who can help you out.

It´s a bit like our revenge for all the nice "CONUS only" sales we do see and  :drool: over...  ;)

us Offline toolguy

• No Life Club
Reply #7 on: June 07, 2016, 09:20:44 PM

I can understand you. But AFAIK this is a small business, mainly run by one person. From my last job (selling high end electronic and electromechanic parts) I know what hassle it can be to ship worldwide officially. I am not sure if I would want to go through all that for a few SAKs sold worldwide, especially as there is a quite big distributor network anyways.
Regarding these SAKs, I think it will be no problem finding a member in germany who can help you out.

It´s a bit like our revenge for all the nice "CONUS only" sales we do see and  :drool: over...  ;)

I hear you brother,although I'm not into revenge.

It's no more complicated to ship to the U.S. than any other location,other than the cost and one additional form.If the consumer has to bear the cost of shipping it makes little sense not to facilitate the sale.

I,like other members,have purchased knives from all parts of the world.When I'm forced to go through a third party I'll try it but eventually it becomes more complicated and less rewarding.

As my brother claims,"The prize is not worth the Crackerjacks".You may need to be familiar with American culture to understand that axiom.
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."  **Edmund Burke**

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."    **Benjamin Franklin**

de Offline lowtech

• No Life Club
Reply #8 on: June 08, 2016, 10:24:42 AM
I was not serious about "revenge" for CONUS only sales.
And I can understand why you would like to purchase directly, not through a third party.
But keep in mind, for doing business internationally, it´s not only one more form. Usually you need to print an extra invoice (in english) which needs to be put on the outside of the package for customs purpose. The customs form nees to be filled out with "Zolltarifnummern" (customs tarriff numbers) describing the items, which can be complicated at times
http://www.tariffnumber.com/2016_en/  - Have a look. I spent hours with a list like this....
Depending on the origin of the sold goods and theri type there are7may be other hoops to jump through,so I can understand if a small dealer or a dealer who thinks he will only sell a few items in a certain market will not deliver worldwide.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2016, 10:27:36 AM by lowtech »

ro Offline Corwyn

• No Life Club
Reply #9 on: June 08, 2016, 11:37:38 AM
Even worse here. You need:
5 copies of sending package forms
3 copies of customs form
5 copies of invoices
TARIC code
3 copies of company VAT certificate
3 copies of customs declaration
this needs to be send between 12 and 2 o'clock on Wednesdays and Thursdays at the international post office which is in the middle of nowhere

As added bonus they check the mail contents thoroughly so you can have knives and pointy stuff confiscated (it took me 4 tries before I could send a fragging Vic Classic to Australia...
Corwyn of Multitool, the First of His name, King of Victorinox, King of Leatherman, Gerber and the First Generation SOG, Lord of the Seven Wrenches, Protector of the Forum, Khal of the Bushes, called Corwyn Toolborn, the Unsharpened, Father of SAKs.

nl Offline glenfiddich1983

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • aka "G-Fiddle" and "Glen-Fizzle"
Reply #10 on: June 08, 2016, 12:14:29 PM
3 copies of customs form
5 copies of invoices
TARIC code
this needs to be send between 12 and 2 o'clock on Wednesdays and Thursdays at the international post office which is in the middle of nowhere

As added bonus they check the mail contents thoroughly so you can have knives and pointy stuff confiscated (it took me 4 tries before I could send a fragging Vic Classic to Australia...

Really? You need all those forms as a private seller?

I can understand that some more paperwork is required when the seller is a commercial party, but private persons also need all those forms for shipping something abroad?
[--- arms length ---] (-.-) 

^-- where the cat sits

ro Offline Corwyn

• No Life Club
Reply #11 on: June 08, 2016, 05:03:03 PM
3 copies of customs form
5 copies of invoices
TARIC code

Really? You need all those forms as a private seller?

I can understand that some more paperwork is required when the seller is a commercial party, but private persons also need all those forms for shipping something abroad?

Nope those were company. Here's just for individual:

3 copies of sending package forms
3 copies of customs form
TARIC code

Corwyn of Multitool, the First of His name, King of Victorinox, King of Leatherman, Gerber and the First Generation SOG, Lord of the Seven Wrenches, Protector of the Forum, Khal of the Bushes, called Corwyn Toolborn, the Unsharpened, Father of SAKs.

es Offline alexTOOL

• No Life Club
Reply #12 on: June 09, 2016, 12:30:16 AM

Now you feel like many EU forum members who can´t buy in many US stores without an USA address...  :drink:

And LM is way expensive outside USA. Much more than SAK outside Europe.
So you are lucky the most of times  :multi:
« Last Edit: June 09, 2016, 12:34:38 AM by alexTOOL »

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #13 on: June 12, 2016, 08:14:55 PM
Love them :D
20160612_new.jpg
* 20160612_new.jpg (Filesize: 76.14 KB)
It wouldn't be the internet without people complaining.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%