Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

SAKs + other blades

ThePeacent · 2671 · 97363

il Offline pomsbz

• No Life Club
Re: SAKs + other blades
Reply #1290 on: December 25, 2017, 06:13:21 AM
(Image removed from quote.)
Sick combo, wish lion steel would make that knife in wharncliffe, something akin to the Northwoods.

Did you make the scales to the SAK yourself? Looks great!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Nah, I got them done by a member here, MWDP. They do work well don't they?
"It is better to lose health like a spendthrift than to waste it like a miser." - Robert Louis Stevenson

il Offline pomsbz

• No Life Club
Reply #1291 on: December 25, 2017, 06:14:08 AM
Sick combo, wish lion steel would make that knife in wharncliffe, something akin to the Northwoods.

Did you make the scales to the SAK yourself? Looks great!

They're making it in clip point if you're interested, you can put in a pre-order at collector knives who is running the order.
"It is better to lose health like a spendthrift than to waste it like a miser." - Robert Louis Stevenson

us Offline Nix

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #1292 on: December 25, 2017, 04:44:34 PM
Christmas combo:

us Offline Butch

• No Life Club
  • Douglas's papa
Reply #1293 on: December 25, 2017, 05:41:16 PM
 :like:
Shoot low sheriff, they're riddin' shetlands
SAKMC unit number BR549
137% Redneck
I would like to apologise to anyone I have not offended. Please be patient, I will get to you shortly.
Just a small personal observation.  ...........I would not be at all surprised that when God created the Earth & the heavens, that the SwissChamp was the tool he used. .............. :hatsoff:

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #1294 on: December 25, 2017, 06:37:56 PM
Gifted SAK, Gifted MT and Gifted knife, all by 3 generous folks who deserve a big  :hatsoff: and very big MERRY Christmas   :tu: :cheers:

My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #1295 on: December 26, 2017, 12:46:52 PM
latest knife, latest SAK
Merry Christmas!!   :cheers:

My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

us Offline Nix

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #1296 on: December 26, 2017, 04:48:14 PM
Today I'm in with.....

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #1297 on: December 27, 2017, 02:03:39 AM
Today I'm in with.....

good, me too with just two, this night   :cheers:

My toys:

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #1298 on: December 27, 2017, 03:10:50 AM
Great pics guys :dd: :like:

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #1299 on: December 27, 2017, 03:11:06 AM
1226171113b by Poncho 65, on Flickr

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #1300 on: December 27, 2017, 03:11:30 AM
Plus post 1300 :o :like:

se Offline stoneshank

Reply #1301 on: December 27, 2017, 11:54:04 AM
Recruit, squirt 04, atactical a1s, roadie!

« Last Edit: December 27, 2017, 11:55:15 AM by stoneshank »

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #1302 on: December 27, 2017, 02:08:50 PM
Plus post 1300 :o :like:

keep 'em coming!!  :gimme:

morning shot

My toys:

us Offline Nix

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #1303 on: December 27, 2017, 08:33:20 PM
Nice!

Just SAK carry for me today.  :angel:

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #1304 on: December 28, 2017, 01:45:44 PM
Nice!

Just SAK carry for me today.  :angel:

then just two knives and just two SAKs for me   :D

My toys:

us Offline Nix

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #1305 on: December 28, 2017, 05:19:44 PM
Ha!

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #1306 on: December 28, 2017, 09:31:29 PM
Nice, nix! Two classics in their respective categories  :salute:

I've got a surprise today!
I got a most beautiful, big, honking overbuilt folder from nix this month. A true tank like blade, with intimidating size, thick body and heavy hitting weight and carry profile. A truly awesome piece far from my reach, especially out of the US. It helped me today in a basic but key task..package opening!!

Now, for no reason at all (again), another kind friend in the forums sent me a Christmas gift that knew would make me  :ahhh. Today Kampfer's package arrived, containing one I could never get my hands on over the seas. I shall present you, the mighty tiny Hold Out III!

this piece embodies the true Cold Steel spirit in a thumb sized package. Small, thin, light and nimble but a fearsome cutter, sturdy built deadly sharp knife with the strongest lock in the world.
He even went further and masterfully "waved" the knife the Kampf way   :D   so that I didn't have to. I learned this trick of him in the forum years ago, and all credit for the idea goes to him  ;)

there it is, pictured with the most beautiful knife and most beautiful tool I have,  ::) ready for action and waiting to be enjoyed and surprise me in ways I've only dreamt of so far, as it's also my smallest TriAd and tiniest Cold Steel blade so far, by a mile.  :o
Two sides of the spectrum of folding blades, gifted for no reason by two most awesome members here this Christmas. What can I say, I've had no need at all for any gifts these Holidays and haven't bought anything for myself so far, all thanks to these two gentlemen   :hatsoff:

I must say that for a TriAd is extremely smooth and easy to disengage (broken in already?) and is so thin and low in weight that you virtually forget its there...until you need it and that shark-teeth edge does what it knows best, cut whatever dares to be on this path   :ahhh
Luckily this is not as big as its larger brothers, H.O.I, and obviously it's easier to carry and use among other people, something I haven't been able to do so far unless I was using the H.O. II (lost this August forever  :cry:) and even that one was usually too big. No more problems with that, this tiny beast will be there!

For a most wonderful addition to my collection of Hold Outs (those are my favorite Cold Steel models), thank you Kampf!!!  :tu:
My toys:

us Offline Nix

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #1307 on: December 28, 2017, 10:18:10 PM
Great looking set of knives. The Hold Out reminds me of the classic Scottish Sgian Dubh ...only in a folding package.  :tu:

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #1308 on: December 28, 2017, 11:14:27 PM
Great looking set of knives. The Hold Out reminds me of the classic Scottish Sgian Dubh ...only in a folding package.  :tu:

as per Cold Steel's descriprtion it is based on that design.
Super versatile blade shape, no frills straightforward design with extreme simplicity but high efficacy.  :salute:

They also have a scottish Dirk from those times and places, but it's obviously much larger, and a fixed blade.
This one has all you could ask for in a simple, versatile tiny pocket cutter. And is truly easy to carry anywhere.  :gimme:
My toys:

nl Offline Ron Who

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • I'm blue!
Reply #1309 on: December 28, 2017, 11:23:25 PM
Victorinox Hunter,  Protech TR-2, Opinel #8, Spyderco Endura.
DSC09189-green-day-42.jpg
* DSC09189-green-day-42.jpg (Filesize: 181.68 KB)
« Last Edit: December 28, 2017, 11:28:53 PM by Ron Who »

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #1310 on: December 29, 2017, 03:00:55 PM
Victorinox Hunter,  Protech TR-2, Opinel #8, Spyderco Endura.

that's a group of 4 excellent knights you have there. And the color scheme rules!  :salute:

My toys:

nl Offline Ron Who

• I'm blue!
Reply #1311 on: December 29, 2017, 04:53:27 PM
 :cheers: :salute:

Rainy day group shot.
DSC09192-rainy-day-42.jpg
* DSC09192-rainy-day-42.jpg (Filesize: 352.39 KB)

us Offline Nix

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #1312 on: December 29, 2017, 04:58:15 PM
Nice EDC, Mr Who.

Peacent, in honor of your Hold Out, I'm toting a Koyote Sgian Dubh today, along with a Compact.

The Sgian Dubh shows a bit of wear; at one time it was part of my EDC and saw a lot of belt time. (Carries in a nice IWB sheath.)
« Last Edit: December 29, 2017, 04:59:29 PM by Nix »

nl Offline Ron Who

• I'm blue!
Reply #1313 on: December 29, 2017, 05:58:58 PM
The Victorinox Hunter Pro and the Spyderco Centofante have a lot in common.
DSC09194-folders-33e.jpg
* DSC09194-folders-33e.jpg (Filesize: 148.28 KB)

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #1314 on: December 30, 2017, 02:35:24 PM
« Last Edit: December 30, 2017, 04:22:23 PM by ThePeacent »
My toys:

us Offline Nix

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #1315 on: December 30, 2017, 02:42:51 PM
Nice!  :tu:
(Looks dry there. You guys short on rain?  :think:)

I've started the Spirit challenge, so I'm down to just a Spirit today.  :cheers:

us Offline Butch

• No Life Club
  • Douglas's papa
Reply #1316 on: December 30, 2017, 02:53:59 PM
Shoot low sheriff, they're riddin' shetlands
SAKMC unit number BR549
137% Redneck
I would like to apologise to anyone I have not offended. Please be patient, I will get to you shortly.
Just a small personal observation.  ...........I would not be at all surprised that when God created the Earth & the heavens, that the SwissChamp was the tool he used. .............. :hatsoff:

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #1317 on: December 30, 2017, 04:29:32 PM
Nice!  :tu:
(Looks dry there. You guys short on rain?  :think:)

I've started the Spirit challenge, so I'm down to just a Spirit today.  :cheers:

you had to have a Sgian Dubh...   :o
I've seen some oldies at bidding-houses and antiquity stores but all were too pretty and expensive for my blood...  :P
That one looks lika an awesome modern-made and high-tech materials rendition to it.

:like: :like:

We are very short in rain this year (Spain's worst droughts and lowest lake water levels since 2001) and lots of wind, this Winter is being infernal windy like we've never seen before. Some people have died because of it this week   :(

After reading that some members wanted to start the Spirit challenge a bit sooner I decided I'm all for it and just swapped to a single tool, and two knives, a few hours ago. Now I'm having a good coffee with my go-to gear for the challenge. This will be my carry (in addition to my always present AAA light or nitecore TIP) for all January  :D

My toys:

us Offline Nix

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #1318 on: December 30, 2017, 10:51:23 PM

I've seen some oldies at bidding-houses and antiquity stores but all were too pretty and expensive for my blood...  :P
That one looks lika an awesome modern-made and high-tech materials rendition to it.

First, I'm sorry to hear about your drought and deadly weather. You may be aware that we've just come out of a bad drought and one of our worst years for wild fires. I get the feeling Mother Nature is feeling grumpy.

Second, nice carry!

Last, my condition is much worse than you thought....I don't have one Sgian Dubh....I have....four.....

:facepalm:

:whistle:

I also have a Cold Steel Sgian blade that I keep meaning to put a handle on......

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #1319 on: December 31, 2017, 04:41:35 PM

First, I'm sorry to hear about your drought and deadly weather. You may be aware that we've just come out of a bad drought and one of our worst years for wild fires. I get the feeling Mother Nature is feeling grumpy.

Second, nice carry!

Last, my condition is much worse than you thought....I don't have one Sgian Dubh....I have....four.....(Image removed from quote.)

:facepalm:

:whistle:

I also have a Cold Steel Sgian blade that I keep meaning to put a handle on......(Image removed from quote.)

hi there!
I've read and seen about the enormous and devastating fires in the US this year. It's so sad that those many families lost their homes, and the amount of land that burned to ashes,  :-\
especially bad are those who lose their lives due to these events. Nature teaches us lesson after lesson each year, yet we continue to hurt it and make it worse.  :oops:

Hopefully (but doubtedly) 2018 will come with less damaging natural events and climate behavior.

It's so cool that you have so many Sgian blades, it almost look like you're honouring some European roots in that collection.  :D
I guess they are all hand/custom made?
My toys:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $168.99
PayPal Fees: $9.87
Net Balance: $159.12
Below Goal: $140.88
Site Currency: USD
53%