Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Swiza - Long term thoughts?

se Offline Fortytwo

• No Life Club
Re: Swiza - Long term thoughts?
Reply #30 on: September 12, 2016, 01:01:36 PM
Great review Shecky, and I agree with all your observations, except about the Phillips driver.  The Swiza one sucks badly.  It's too pointed, and the taper of the thickness of the wings is not acute enough.  The Vic back-side Phillips is pretty usable on all the screws shown below, even the PZ3, but I find the Swiza one cams out much too easily on all of them.

So possibly a PH0/PZ0? Quite a large tool for such small screws in that case.

gb Offline shibafu

Reply #31 on: September 12, 2016, 01:34:43 PM
Great review Shecky, and I agree with all your observations, except about the Phillips driver.  The Swiza one sucks badly.  It's too pointed, and the taper of the thickness of the wings is not acute enough.  The Vic back-side Phillips is pretty usable on all the screws shown below, even the PZ3, but I find the Swiza one cams out much too easily on all of them.

It's too large to fit a 0.  I think it's nearest to a PH2.  Filing the point flat would improve it considerably I'm sure, but the taper of the wings would mean it'll still cam out easier than the Victorinox driver.

gr Offline firiki

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Cats have pocket knives of their own
Reply #32 on: September 12, 2016, 01:55:48 PM
Not having tested one, I still think these knives are not up to the boisterous marketing words used in that initial newsletter to describe them.

:oops:
Omnia vincit amor. Vae victis.

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #33 on: September 12, 2016, 03:54:10 PM

It's too large to fit a 0.  I think it's nearest to a PH2.  Filing the point flat would improve it considerably I'm sure, but the taper of the wings would mean it'll still cam out easier than the Victorinox driver.

Looking at your pics the first thing I thought was that it needs the point knocking back.  Great pics BTW. :tu:
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $168.99
PayPal Fees: $9.87
Net Balance: $159.12
Below Goal: $140.88
Site Currency: USD
53%