Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Watches

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Watches
on: March 20, 2007, 05:43:58 PM
I swear I am trying not to get into collecting watches too...

Def
watches.JPG
* watches.JPG (Filesize: 94.5 KB)
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline 665ae

• Formerly known as 665ae
  • No Life Club
  • blah blah blah
Re: Watches
Reply #1 on: March 20, 2007, 06:35:34 PM
I've been looking a lot at Wenger Watches lately... (along with all the other Wenger gear... I even bought a Wenger tent)

So far though, I've been able to resist the watch bug.
If you took all the intestines out of your body and stretched them end to end... you would die.

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #2 on: March 20, 2007, 06:48:27 PM
SOSAK members get a discount from WengerNA.com...  in case you need it...

:P

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

Offline Tom Munch

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: March 20, 2007, 08:55:29 PM
I collected watches for a while too.  I have several Seikos, Casios, Pulsars, & others.  I haven't worn one for several years since I started using my cell phone for the time though.

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #4 on: March 20, 2007, 09:37:46 PM
I really don't pay too close attention to the names- I am mostly concerned about toughness.  That's why there are two GShocks, one Seiko dive watch, two Vics and a Wenger.  These watches are all virtually indestructable.

Before I got my first G Shock in the early 90's, I'd never had a watch that survived longer than 6 weeks.  Of course that was also the time period in my life when I seem to have destroyed a few limbs/joints too!

Def

us Offline CQC-7

• No Life Club
  • Right Wing Psychopath!
Reply #5 on: March 21, 2007, 12:35:03 AM
I like tough watches as well.  I have a Lumi-NOX Navy SEAL dive watch.  It is tough.  I thought that I could break this one but after over 5 years of very harsh treatment I havent even changed the battery (Although I have worn out at least 5 bands.)  The watch has never failed me though.  It is by far the toughest watch I have ever owned.

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #6 on: March 21, 2007, 12:54:33 AM
My first G Shock was like that.  Man, I punished that thing.  After it stood up to my regular wear and tear I decided to torture test it... we froze it in a cup of water then smashed it against a wall, boiled it in oil (gotta love working in a restaurant!) and ran over it with a truck.

The thing never missed a beat...

Def

Offline mkphc

Reply #7 on: March 21, 2007, 01:27:24 AM
nice tide graph!
H

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #8 on: March 21, 2007, 01:44:14 AM
Thanks Mike- I got it from one of my favorite Multitool.org members!

Def

Offline Anthony

• No Life Club
  • Improvise.
Reply #9 on: March 21, 2007, 02:34:00 AM
My last two watches were the Timex Expeditions...the first one I found years ago at the beach and had a green face like this one:

I wore that for years before I either lost it or it broke somehow, can't remember...although I don't remember it breaking..actually it might be somewhere areond here...

Anyways a few years ago I bought one with a white face which I like better...for around $40 I think they are great.
[

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #10 on: March 21, 2007, 02:42:52 AM
I killed my share of Timex watches.  They are good watches, but the Iron Man series might as well have been Rubber Maid around me!  I had a nice Timex automatic for a while that lasted longer but the band broke on it and I lost it.

I did have one watch that I was pretty fond of for a while, but I lost it too when my dog ate the band and it fell off my wrist.  It was a Jeep watch, although I don't know who made it.  After that I pretty well gave up on watches.  That dog passed away last spring and I was then able to start wearing watches again. 

"The Band" that you see on the red Vic watch and the Seiko are the best darned bands you can get.  They are a long strip of nylon and velcro that I find very comfortable, plus they have the added bonus of being more like a wristband that the watch holds on to, rather than having the watch being part of the "circle."  This way, if a pin breaks, you don't lose your watch because the other pin is still holding it on.

Def

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #11 on: April 23, 2007, 01:42:40 AM
I just got a new strap for the Vic watch in the above pic- the one that is missing a strap.  I have been looking for one like this for a while and found one that was "close enough" today.  Nice to have an old friend back!

Def
Watchband01.JPG
* Watchband01.JPG (Filesize: 38.17 KB)
Watchband02.JPG
* Watchband02.JPG (Filesize: 45.82 KB)

us Offline 665ae

• Formerly known as 665ae
  • No Life Club
  • blah blah blah
Reply #12 on: April 23, 2007, 02:02:03 AM
That one's pretty cool Def. 

I've been eyeing this one lately.  http://www.amazon.com/Wenger-Extreme-Watch-Black-70975/dp/B000AP6MGQ/ref=pd_bbs_3/002-2472130-9214467?ie=UTF8&s=sporting-goods&qid=1177286368&sr=8-3

Looks like it might be a decent beat around watch :)
If you took all the intestines out of your body and stretched them end to end... you would die.

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #13 on: April 23, 2007, 02:14:51 AM
I like the Extreme series of watches.  Don't forget that Felinevet can get those as well....

Def

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%