Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Online petition

Dunc · 16 · 2186

england Offline Dunc

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Aggressive in defence
Online petition
on: September 13, 2008, 10:24:34 AM
Max6166 has started an online petition for Vic to make 91mm Alox knives with Scissors .

So go forth everone and sign away  :D

http://www.petitiononline.com/91mmalox/

Dunc

gb Offline Mike, Lord of the Spammers!

• Chief of the Absolutely No Life Club!
  • Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here...
  • Why haven't you got a Farmer yet!
Re: Online petition
Reply #1 on: September 13, 2008, 11:20:15 AM
Doneth :salute:
Give in, buy several Farmer's!!!!!!

scotland Offline Sea Monster

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: September 13, 2008, 11:24:09 AM
I wonder how many units they have to sell to make a custom run worthwhile?

If anyone was willing to put in an order for that many +1, I'm sure we'll see some results.

Offline jock1

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: September 13, 2008, 11:54:12 AM
Done .Come on the rest of you get signing :D

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #4 on: September 13, 2008, 03:50:53 PM
Done, No 4.  Is this over on SOSAK as well?
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

Offline Tarrodemierda

• No Life Club
  • Smells like tar and smoke.
Reply #5 on: September 13, 2008, 04:20:27 PM
nah,they should do those with pliers and phillips >:D :D :D :D

Offline I'm Still Bison

• No Life Club
  • Supreme Planetary Overlord trainee
Reply #6 on: September 13, 2008, 04:53:12 PM
Done,No. 5
I

Offline crls1

• I do Exist!!!!
Reply #7 on: September 13, 2008, 06:30:16 PM
Number 7

Carlos
(

Offline max6166

• No Life Club
Reply #8 on: September 13, 2008, 08:06:47 PM
I wonder how many units they have to sell to make a custom run worthwhile?

If anyone was willing to put in an order for that many +1, I'm sure we'll see some results.

Vic makes custom knives out of parts that are currently in production. The problem with both the 84mm and 91mm alox scissors is that they do not currently make those parts, and so we also need to convince them to go through the extremely expensive initial stage of setting up the machinery to manufacture those parts.

Now the machinery to manufacture the 84mm scissors is simply gone now. And from what I recall of Scibeer's explanation, Vic would likely at least want to make a new backspring part for the 91mm alox scissors, because using the cellidor scissor parts on the alox frame leaves a hole in the back where the hook would normally be.

Let me briefly say that anyone truly wanting this configuration should really checkout Scibeer's custom alox SAKs at FelineVet's. They are just gorgeous knives at a ridiculously low price for what you get. There is a Hard Anodized Pioneer with scissors listed for just $70 shipped, $85 with a clip.

(Incidentally, I called them 91mm alox because that is how Vic categorizes them. SOSAKers usually refer to them as 93mm.)

Anyway, because of the expense involved, it will likely take a lot of signatures to get Vic to even consider the idea.

One of the problems I have been running into with the 84mm petition is finding other places where sufficient people are interested in the subject. This site and SOSAK are really the only forums where many people care enough about SAKs to be interested in this topic. I had thought other knife, survival, EDC, tools forums, etc. would have quite a few enthusiasts, but the topic of scissors on SAKs seems to be more of a niche interest than I thought. I am not saying there is no interest at these places. Just that it is spread very thinly all over the place.

I think that somewhat summarizes the state of SAKdom as a whole. There are a lot of SAK lovers out there, but they are spread out all over the world in all walks of life. If we are going to get the kind of numbers on these petitions that are going to make an impact on Victorinox, we need to reach out to all these people scattered all over the internet, in addition to our own devoted group.

In a nutshell, a bunch of us SAKoholics need to start getting the message out all over the place, so other people can find out.

The simplest way is for people to post a message on a few other forums. Another is to use signatures like the one on this message when posting in other forums. This latter method is remarkably effective and easy actually. You just change the signature in your forum profile once and forget about it.

And this goal is definitely doable. You wouldn't believe the crazy stuff that gets thousands of signatures. It just takes a few ounces of effort and some patience.

The final step is almost even more important, but I will handle that as long as we have enough signatures.

So in a nutshell, if you really want to see this happen, a bunch of us have to start softly spreading the word outside of homebase to the furthest reaches of SAKdom.

Dying in your bed many years from now, would you be willing to trade all the days from this day to that for one chance, just one chance, to come back here as young men and tell Victorinox that they may make our knives, but they will never take our SAKdom!
« Last Edit: September 14, 2008, 08:04:54 PM by max6166 »
[

gb Offline Mike, Lord of the Spammers!

• Chief of the Absolutely No Life Club!
  • Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here...
  • Why haven't you got a Farmer yet!
Reply #9 on: September 13, 2008, 10:28:42 PM
Great post mate :salute:

I like the paraphrasing of Mr Wallace :D
Give in, buy several Farmer's!!!!!!

england Offline DaveK

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Sing, Michael, sing. On the route of the 19 Bus!
Reply #10 on: September 14, 2008, 03:20:58 AM
There's 10 signatures now!

I used to come here a lot.

Offline american lockpicker

• No Life Club
Reply #11 on: September 14, 2008, 06:11:01 AM
Well I've signed it and put up a thread on another forum to try to get a few signatures for it. Also if this works can we start a petition to get Vic to improve their locksmith knife its not specialized at all.
(

Offline max6166

• No Life Club
Reply #12 on: September 15, 2008, 07:18:44 PM
Odd, I thought there would be a little more interest here in a Soldier or Farmer with scissors...

We definitely don't want to mislead Vic so don't sign the petition for 91mm alox scissors unless you are interested in such a knive. I just thought people here would really love that configuration...

For example, a Soldier with scissors paired with a SwissTool would be a great combo, or a Soldier with scissors and a KF4. Just the Soldier with scissors seems like a great standalone urban EDC...
[

Offline Tarrodemierda

• No Life Club
  • Smells like tar and smoke.
Reply #13 on: September 21, 2008, 02:54:20 AM
alox with pliers,serrated sheepsfoot,awl,saw,phillips,can opener/bottle opener/flathead driver,thats the good combo,ill sign petition for it any day :D

Offline gadgetman7

Reply #14 on: September 21, 2008, 06:13:24 AM
I'm number 19.

us Offline BIG-TARGET

• No Life Club
  • "Survival must be earned"-Klingon Proverb
Reply #15 on: September 22, 2008, 06:01:05 PM
Is there way tou can make a petition for Wenger to put the "Mike Horn" Ranger SAK in full production?? :think:
"Some rise by sin, and some by virtue fall;
 Some run from breaks of ice, and answer none:
 And some condemned for a fault alone." -William Shakespeare, King Lear (1608), Act IV, scene 6, line 169

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%