Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Knives that feel like extensions of your arm

irona · 36 · 1535

no Offline Steinar

• No Life Club
Re: Knives that feel like extensions of your arm
Reply #30 on: October 25, 2016, 10:49:47 PM
I have so much muscle memory with SAKs that even if they technically aren't the most ergonomic knives, there are probably no knives I'm as comfortable using.

us Offline irona

Reply #31 on: October 26, 2016, 04:10:21 AM
By the way, while I can't condone the use of other forums, this thread amuses the heck out of me, because I thought you were going to start it in the Outdoor Edge section here and when I looked for it there was nothing.  It was only after everyone else began with their shenanigans that I realised that you weren't planning to post it here at MTO at all.  Then a few hours later when the thread was re-railed by people that were just guessing what the topic was by the title, I had a good laugh because we are known as the forum that always goes off topic, and here we are, re-railing a thread that belongs to a train in another station!   :rofl:

Only at Multitool.org! 

Def
Ha!
Sorry about that, I was falling asleep and all of a sudden had this idea for a thread, so I grabbed my phone off my nightstand and went on the Tapatalk app. The app mixes up posts from every forum you subscibe to, which means I have posts from bladeforums right above MT.org, etc. (I was half awake) and intended to post this in the "General Knife Discussion" on BF, but later realized that I posted in the "General Tool Discussion", on MT.org.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fi Offline AlephZero

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Smurf smash!
Reply #32 on: October 26, 2016, 11:34:11 AM
By the way, while I can't condone the use of other forums, this thread amuses the heck out of me, because I thought you were going to start it in the Outdoor Edge section here and when I looked for it there was nothing.  It was only after everyone else began with their shenanigans that I realised that you weren't planning to post it here at MTO at all.  Then a few hours later when the thread was re-railed by people that were just guessing what the topic was by the title, I had a good laugh because we are known as the forum that always goes off topic, and here we are, re-railing a thread that belongs to a train in another station!   :rofl:

Only at Multitool.org! 

Def

Just wait, boss, we may easily re-derail the thread later on  >:D

:D
"Hoarder of weirdness,
Always posting random things,
I'm AlephZero" :ninja:

mc Offline Gerhard Gerber

• No Life Club
Reply #33 on: October 26, 2016, 12:31:51 PM
The first, which was my first fixed blade, is an Iisaakki Jaavenpaa  Puukko which I've probably spelled completely wrong  :P Others include the Boker TUF and DePlessis Warthog by Scorpion Knives in Sheffield. Three rather different knives, but there was an instant connection with each one.

Which is now known as the Tops Silent Hero, and I fully agree.  I believe the new non-Rocky Mountain tread handled option should be even better.

Middle spot goes to my big camp knife that I made myself, tuned till it fits so an obvious contender.

The first comes last, out of the box the winner for me is the TOPS/Buck CSAR-T

gb Offline AimlessWanderer

• Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not a pessimist, I'm an experienced optimist!
Reply #34 on: October 26, 2016, 01:18:37 PM
The first, which was my first fixed blade, is an Iisaakki Jaavenpaa  Puukko which I've probably spelled completely wrong  :P Others include the Boker TUF and DePlessis Warthog by Scorpion Knives in Sheffield. Three rather different knives, but there was an instant connection with each one.

Which is now known as the Tops Silent Hero, and I fully agree.  I believe the new non-Rocky Mountain tread handled option should be even better.

Middle spot goes to my big camp knife that I made myself, tuned till it fits so an obvious contender.

The first comes last, out of the box the winner for me is the TOPS/Buck CSAR-T

I didn't know there was a different version of this by a different maker  :salute: That one looks nice, but I'm not a fan of those grooved handles. It would be nice to do a side by side comparison on those two. They are both carbon steels, which I consider knives for dirty work (non-food) and as such I think I prefer the Warthog. If it was stainless and therefore suitable for food use, I might be swayed more towards the TOPS version..... but then it would need to compete with my Boker TUF and my stag handled Muela Jabali 17A.....

Knives are such personal items aren't they. I think overall (without handling the TOPS, I'd stick with what I've got  :salute:

The cantankerous but occasionally useful member, formally known as 50ft-trad

mc Offline Gerhard Gerber

• No Life Club
Reply #35 on: October 26, 2016, 02:24:10 PM
Funny thing, that pattern on the handle doesn't bother me, the CSAR-T has it as well.

Getting rid of that makes the SH's handle bigger, which is my one complaint.

You'll also see the SH has a much higher saber grind than the warthog.

I bought the CSAR-T for 2 reasons only, the way it felt in hand and the fact that it's 154CM steel. Unused save queen  :facepalm:

Knives are such personal items aren't they. I think overall (without handling the TOPS, I'd stick with what I've got

I've got XXL hands, so many of the Scandinavian knives I adore simply don't work in my hand.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%