Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Spyderco Slipjoint Please!

Offline jday2727

Spyderco Slipjoint Please!
on: November 13, 2016, 01:52:09 AM
Hi everyone, I'm looking to trade for a spyderco slip it of some sort. I need one asap, so let me know what you've got. Used is fine as long as it is in good condition. I would prefer a UKPK over anything else. CONUS please, thanks everyone!

Sent from my Z988 using Tapatalk

gb Offline Oxford_Guy

Re: Spyderco Slipjoint Please!
Reply #1 on: November 14, 2016, 07:02:20 PM
Hi everyone, I'm looking to trade for a spyderco slip it of some sort. I need one asap, so let me know what you've got. Used is fine as long as it is in good condition. I would prefer a UKPK over anything else. CONUS please, thanks everyone!

BTW have you ever tried a Spyderco Urban? I much prefered that over a UKPK - it's a little smaller, but has a more heavy-duty blade and a much stronger backspring, I also found the ergonomics to be a little better and I think the blade steel the standard Urban uses is also better quality then the UKPK (though I have a limited run Urban with Elmax steel, so don't have personal experience of the steel on the standard Urban). Here's a review of the version I have (not for sale!): http://www.britishblades.com/forums/showthread.php?205377-Spyderco-Urban-BB-EDITION
« Last Edit: November 14, 2016, 07:18:57 PM by Oxford_Guy »
"We broke into Mir using a Swiss Army knife. Never leave the planet without one." - Chris Hadfield, Astronaut

Offline jday2727

Reply #2 on: November 15, 2016, 04:31:30 AM

BTW have you ever tried a Spyderco Urban? I much prefered that over a UKPK - it's a little smaller, but has a more heavy-duty blade and a much stronger backspring, I also found the ergonomics to be a little better and I think the blade steel the standard Urban uses is also better quality then the UKPK (though I have a limited run Urban with Elmax steel, so don't have personal experience of the steel on the standard Urban). Here's a review of the version I have (not for sale!): http://www.britishblades.com/forums/showthread.php?205377-Spyderco-Urban-BB-EDITION
Thanks, I like it. In that case, anyone have an Urban

us Offline HarleyXJGuy

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #3 on: November 15, 2016, 04:44:44 AM
Also the Urban is coming out in 110V and K390 soonish.

Offline jday2727

Reply #4 on: November 15, 2016, 04:46:33 AM
You're not helping!

gb Offline Oxford_Guy

Reply #5 on: November 15, 2016, 02:53:05 PM

Oh really? I have a Pingu in K390, great steel, though it tarnishes if you so much look at it unless you keep on top of treating it with oil or (in my case) Froglube CLP

I'd probably be more tempted by a 110v Urban
"We broke into Mir using a Swiss Army knife. Never leave the planet without one." - Chris Hadfield, Astronaut

gb Offline Oxford_Guy

Reply #6 on: November 18, 2016, 12:47:05 AM

BTW where did you read that, I can only find information about a s110v UKPK due out soon?

Offline jday2727

Reply #7 on: November 21, 2016, 11:51:44 PM
Bump!

us Offline HarleyXJGuy

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #8 on: November 22, 2016, 05:18:10 AM

BTW where did you read that, I can only find information about a s110v UKPK due out soon?

The owner of Spyderco Sal said he had been carrying one of the prototypes.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: $36.34
PayPal Fees: $1.66
Net Balance: $34.68
Below Goal: $265.32
Site Currency: USD
 12%