Multitool.org Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Christmas Eve and Christmas Day Carry 3555

Global Moderator Just Bananas Posts: 63,122
Christmas Eve and Christmas Day Carry
« on: December 17, 2016, 12:35:58 AM »
As with Thanksgiving I am wondering what all you all will be carrying on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day :tu: I haven't really decided what I am going to carry for either day yet but as it comes closer I am sure I will figure it out and when I do I will post pics of my carry here :tu:

This holiday is more worldwide so I guess many more of you will be able to participate this go-around :cheers: also if you have other plans with family for other Christmas outings what will you be carrying then :like: :like:
Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 7,273 Tactical Desk Jockey
Re: Christmas Eve and Christmas Day Carry
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2016, 02:04:22 AM »
What you think about this setup? Fancy enough?
« Last Edit: December 17, 2016, 02:14:46 AM by Kampfer »

EDC: Black Talon, Black Cat, Spirit, LD02
No Life Club Posts: 3,307 One Day Closer To Death
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2016, 12:07:26 PM »
you guys have wayyyy too much time on your hands  :rofl:

BB :B:
Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 7,273 Tactical Desk Jockey
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2016, 05:52:01 PM »
you guys have wayyyy too much time gear on your hands  :rofl:

EDC: Black Talon, Black Cat, Spirit, LD02
Absolute Zombie Club Posts: 29,448 Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2016, 06:36:19 PM »
NOTHING! We'll be home for Xmas just like thanksgiving, so I'll be loafing unless we go over a friends house like last year but I doubt it.
JR

"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Water Closet and explode in the Commode, I think with my Head, that my flush will always beat John’s or Jerry’s pair! But Jack’s ran for the Reading Room and tripped on a Can and bowed to the Porcelain God!
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2016, 07:41:42 PM »
NOTHING! We'll be home for Xmas just like thanksgiving, so I'll be loafing unless we go over a friends house like last year but I doubt it.
JR

You probably use to have to use a MT or a SAK to mess with kids toys but as they get older they get stuff that doesn't need to be put together as much  :D
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2016, 07:42:37 PM »
you guys have wayyyy too much time gear on your hands  :rofl:

That's right Kampfer  :salute: :D
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2016, 07:50:58 PM »
you guys have wayyyy too much time on your hands  :rofl:

Nope I just save so much time being prepared it just looks that way 8)
Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 7,810
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2016, 08:26:26 PM »
I'm going to my sister's Xmas day, I think I'll carry just my swisschamp. I keep a surge and MP400 in my car so they would be just outside if needed.
Zombie Apprentice Posts: 17,517 I'm not a pessimist, I'm an experienced optimist!
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2016, 08:30:28 PM »
There'll be no change from normal here  :)

The cantankerous but occasionally useful member, formally known as 50ft-trad
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2016, 08:34:19 PM »
I had an outing last night at my aunts and took the carry I had yesterday along with me :cheers: I used the serrated blade on the ST300 to cut a couple plastic packages open that had toys in them :tu:

20161216_081827 by Poncho 65, on Flickr
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2016, 09:35:51 PM »
JR

You probably use to have to use a MT or a SAK to mess with kids toys but as they get older they get stuff that doesn't need to be put together as much  :D
True, but some of the stuff is that thick plastic wrapped that takes forever to get open, so that's where the sak comes in, just no need to carry it, it just sits on the table!
JR

As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Water Closet and explode in the Commode, I think with my Head, that my flush will always beat John’s or Jerry’s pair! But Jack’s ran for the Reading Room and tripped on a Can and bowed to the Porcelain God!
Hero Member Posts: 956
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2016, 10:27:12 PM »
Probably my normal Case mini-lockback, with a Classic on the keychain. Might bust out my TTi, for kicks. Most of the kids' stuff is already put together before Christmas, so no real need for screwdrivers and wrenches.
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2016, 11:00:25 PM »
JR

True, but some of the stuff is that thick plastic wrapped that takes forever to get open, so that's where the sak comes in, just no need to carry it, it just sits on the table!
JR

Table or not you can still put a pic up if you use it or just want to ;) :tu:
Global Moderator Absolute Zombie Club Posts: 23,610
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2016, 05:29:12 AM »
I'm cooking for the kids and friends.  I'll have my Cadet 2 on me for sure.  I will also have either my Opinel or something similar for food thats on my place.  I'm thinking cookie prime rib and salmon. 

Esse Quam Videri
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2016, 06:36:47 AM »
I'm cooking for the kids and friends.  I'll have my Cadet 2 on me for sure.  I will also have either my Opinel or something similar for food thats on my place.  I'm thinking cookie prime rib and salmon.

Sounds tasty :drool: :like: :like:
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2016, 06:42:15 AM »
JR

JR

Table or not you can still put a pic up if you use it or just want to ;) :tu:
Ok, will do? :tu:
JR

Hero Member Posts: 955
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2016, 11:49:45 AM »
I'll be in Paris, visiting my wife's family, so probably just a smallish SAK, most likely my cellidor Yeoman

"We broke into Mir using a Swiss Army knife. Never leave the planet without one." - Chris Hadfield, Astronaut
Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 6,326 aka "G-Fiddle" and "Glen-Fizzle"
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2016, 02:49:57 PM »
I think i'm going to carry my red cadet:

[--- arms length ---] (-.-) 

^-- where the cat sits
Full Member Posts: 161
« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2016, 03:20:59 PM »
Every year, I need to have a knife to cut through taped boxes or clamshell packages and a Phillips driver to open battery compartments. The family looks to me to prepared for these Christmas emergencies. I have gifted a lot of people Leatherman PS4's but they never seem to have them on them when they are needed. I suppose it is difficult having a PS4 when wearing jammies.

This year I will either have my Victorinox Compact. I modified the combo tool to work with Phillips drivers more easily.

The right tool is the one you have on you
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2016, 03:44:34 PM »
I'll be in Paris, visiting my wife's family, so probably just a smallish SAK, most likely my cellidor Yeoman

(Image removed from quote.)

Great looking SAK for your travels and be safe as you do travel :tu: :like:
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2016, 03:45:20 PM »

That is a very striking pic Glen :o :like: Great carry choice as well :tu:
« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2016, 03:48:13 PM »
Every year, I need to have a knife to cut through taped boxes or clamshell packages and a Phillips driver to open battery compartments. The family looks to me to prepared for these Christmas emergencies. I have gifted a lot of people Leatherman PS4's but they never seem to have them on them when they are needed. I suppose it is difficult having a PS4 when wearing jammies.

This year I will either have my Victorinox Compact. I modified the combo tool to work with Phillips drivers more easily.

I know the feeling :D I have gifted a lot of MTs and some SAKs over the years and the only one besides me that ever has anything is my nephew :D I at least have infected him with the MT and SAK bug and he usually has something on him that will cut at least :cheers:

The Compact I am sure can handle most Christmas emergencies :tu: :like:
Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 6,326 aka "G-Fiddle" and "Glen-Fizzle"
« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2016, 04:37:43 PM »

That is a very striking pic Glen :o :like: Great carry choice as well :tu:

Thanks!  :cheers:

[--- arms length ---] (-.-) 

^-- where the cat sits
Sr. Member Posts: 310
« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2016, 06:37:28 PM »
Non-working day... Probably the skeley with a minichamp or rambler.  Or a climber with squirt... Or maybe a wingman with classic...
Hero Member Posts: 955
« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2016, 09:09:12 PM »

This is why I'm thinking "Yeoman" - Phillips, Scissors and Mag glass for reading small instructions...

"We broke into Mir using a Swiss Army knife. Never leave the planet without one." - Chris Hadfield, Astronaut
Hero Member Posts: 666
« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2016, 09:34:47 PM »
Thinking about red Classic SD. It fits the theme and still opens everything. :)

Leatherman:
Charge TTi, AL, Squirt PS4, Surge, Juice XE6, CS4, S2, ST300, Crunch, OHT, MUT, Rebar, Brewzer, Signal, Raptor, Tool Adapter, Croc, Wave, Style CS, Freestyle, Skeletool RX, Micra, Wingman
SOG:
PPP, PowerLock, SwitchPlier 2.0, Paratool, PowerAssist, Reactor, CrossCut, PowerPlay
Gerber:
FliK, MP600 ProScout, MP600 blunt, Dime, MP-1, Diesel, MP400
Bahco:
MTT151, MTT051, MTT121
Knives:
Spyderco PM2, Tatanka, Bug, ZT 0452CF, CS Recon1XL, Benchmade 940-1 and 482
SAKs:
Too many to list here...
Admin Team Point Of No Return Posts: 32,702
« Reply #27 on: December 18, 2016, 10:06:15 PM »
Probably my excellent black Grand Prix.  Maybe a PST or Sideclip for the pliers.

Try not to be the person who blunders around and causes everyone else to get out the way.  Everyone else thinks you're a utter...
Head Turd Polisher Administrator Just Bananas Posts: 61,565 Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
« Reply #28 on: December 18, 2016, 10:12:47 PM »
My yellow scaled Victorinox Compact will very likely be there, and either the Million Post Multitool.org BO Surge or the Gerber Center- Drive will make the trip.  We'll be driving 600-700 miles for Christmas with Megan's family, so whatever I have with me will have to do everything.

Def

Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.
« Reply #29 on: December 19, 2016, 02:29:44 AM »
All good carries :cheers: If anyone has time to snap a pic of the carry that day it would also be awesome :like:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
February Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Feb 28
Total Receipts: $172.48
PayPal Fees: $10.10
Net Balance: $162.38
Below Goal: $137.62
Site Currency: USD
54%