Multitool.org Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Favorite Matches! 7144

Global Moderator Absolute Zombie Club Posts: 24,508
Re: Favorite Matches!
« Reply #300 on: April 10, 2019, 03:06:00 PM »
Thanks Poncho.  They might be best as a fire extender paired up with good matches or a lighter  :dunno:.  My mind went to fatwood more or less. 

Esse Quam Videri
Global Moderator Just Bananas Posts: 64,261
« Reply #301 on: April 11, 2019, 12:12:38 PM »
If the wind hadn't been a factor they would have lit themselves :salute: at least I will try again when the wind isn't blowing and see for myself :cheers: They are relatively cheap at about $15 for a box of 48 :o So they are priced right :D Not advertised to do anything with outdoor survival or camping is
probably why the prices aren't bad ;)

Once lit though, it burned very well :tu: I really haven't bought many other type firestarters so I can't comment how they stack up against others :cheers: I usually use paper or cardboard to start fires around home but a few of these thrown into a pack with some other matches a striker or a lighter would weigh nothing :like: Worth the purchase to me for sure though :tu:
Thread Killer 2017 Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 8,085 Born to multitask.
« Reply #302 on: April 11, 2019, 01:16:41 PM »
Lots of interesting items in here. :like:
Standard matches were always enough for me. I was going to pick up a nice orange container with those nice stormproof matches, but I talked myself out of it. I may reconsider.

Even a full matchbox was overkill, so I split it into two slender halves. Nice and thin, and still plenty of matches. :cheers:
« Reply #303 on: April 11, 2019, 03:23:57 PM »
Great way to carry matches in a smaller package :tu: You really ought to try those Stormproof matches by UCO though (regular size or the Titans :like: ) :dd: The Zippo ones are good as well :cheers: It is a different experience than a regular match for sure :salute: :tu:
Zombie Apprentice Posts: 19,984

Nix us

« Reply #304 on: April 11, 2019, 04:30:23 PM »
Nice job, RP!  :like:

heterodox, not in the box
Thread Killer 2017 Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 8,085 Born to multitask.
« Reply #306 on: November 02, 2019, 06:07:56 PM »
The weather is starting to cool here again :whistle: I have gotten a little money for my birthday and I bought some of the UCO waterproof matches :D no pics but I did try a couple and they work :D I also got one of the Zippo branded match safes and it even keeps the striker dry :like: I will have to get some pics but for not I thought I could light a match under this thread and get it going again ::) :rofl:
« Reply #307 on: November 28, 2020, 04:01:44 AM »
Well, I didn't light to much of a fire under this thread last time :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :oops: :D

Have any new matches came out lately :think: I know it is a very small niche in the market but was hoping to find some new info on matches, match safes or anything match related :cheers:
Zombie Apprentice Posts: 19,984

Nix us

« Reply #308 on: November 28, 2020, 09:58:48 PM »
I picked up some of these in the grocery store the other day:

Not bad at all. Not as great as the "strike anywhere" matches of yore, but they work nicely if 'struck' carefully on a rough surface.

I rubbed a little paraffin wax on the wooden sticks of a few (being careful not to get any wax on the white tips) and found that they burned a bit longer & hotter. Sort of a Redneck Hurricane match. Not waterproof, but could be a good addition to a match safe.

heterodox, not in the box
« Reply #309 on: November 30, 2020, 01:36:23 AM »
Good ole Diamond Strike Anywheres :cheers: I still have some of the red tipped Strike Anywhere ones that they use to sell along with the newer green tipped ones like you have pictured :salute: I like the idea of using wax to make them burn longer as well :tu: :like:
No Life Club Posts: 1,886
« Reply #310 on: November 30, 2020, 02:41:57 AM »
I rubbed a little paraffin wax on the wooden sticks of a few (being careful not to get any wax on the white tips) and found that they burned a bit longer & hotter. Sort of a Redneck Hurricane match. Not waterproof, but could be a good addition to a match safe.

I'm thinking if you coated the entire match, they would be waterproof, but then you would need to remove the wax from the white tip before they would light.  Always a trade-off...
Zombie Apprentice Posts: 19,955 Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
« Reply #311 on: February 12, 2021, 01:20:04 PM »
Hum... favourite matches.

:think: :think:

I'd have to say New Zealand vs South Africa. Awlso, any rugby game with the all Blacks, South Africa or Australia.

:cheers: :tu:

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: $79.60
PayPal Fees: $5.65
Net Balance: $73.95
Below Goal: $226.05
Site Currency: USD