Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Thoughts on the SAK rescue tool

CQC-7 · 39 · 7800

Offline Icheatpeople

Re: Thoughts on the SAK rescue tool
Reply #30 on: February 12, 2007, 10:33:00 PM
some designs of s&w are maybe more modern but the quality is less than good and for an serious tool you need that.

if you look at the replacable parts of the rescue tool thats cause they will wear out with use as that task is hard! the people in ibach think an bit and say its better to make em chanchable so that tool will stay in usa for an long time with minor $ for the replacements...go and ask for sutch by s&w (taylor cutlery - china made LOL).

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #31 on: February 12, 2007, 10:38:20 PM
Well, as Tom pointed out, apparently the 911 tool is made in USA...

News to me, but that's what it says.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

Offline damota

Reply #32 on: February 13, 2007, 12:18:34 AM
Sorry, my experience with the 911 is the opposite of what you say Def, there have been 2 versions of the 911 one with fine teeth and a deeper blade the other, the present one with the deep serration's, you may have had one of the early design but I know I had no trouble out of the one I had. I got mine just after the design was changed.
Plastic (Glass reinforced Zytel) handles seem to be a design idea that Blackie Collins uses often because my other knife designed by him is the same a plastic handle with a single steel liner (the Meyerco Paradox) I may not be fond of that tool but there is nothing wrong with that handle. Both lock up well with no play because there is an adjustment screw to make sure.
As I have no use for a tool of this type now I was not going to replace the 911 but after I get a few other things out of the way I now think I will get one to just see how things have changed.  :-\

Dave

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #33 on: February 13, 2007, 12:30:06 AM
I am glad yours is no where near as bad as mine was.  There was not adjustment screw on mine, and if you weren't careful when using the glass breaker the thing would launch out and you'd spend the next ten minutes trying to find the spring.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline felinevet

• Banner Member
  • No Life Club
Reply #34 on: February 17, 2007, 10:29:46 PM
Heehee, yep I'm the Cat Guy that has them. Forget eBay if you buy through my FELINEVET Shop at SOSAKONLINE. I have them for $61.50 shipped. Note: I am currently out of stock but they are on the way to me from Vic.

I have them back in stock. Due to price increase I had to up it to $64.50. If you like the tool, come see me. Thanks.
T

us Offline CQC-7

• No Life Club
  • Right Wing Psychopath!
Reply #35 on: February 20, 2007, 04:36:28 PM
Felinevet, 

I have given you some business.  I have ordered the SAK rescue tool.  I am really excited.  My wife loves cats so she will appreciate that I ordered from you. :)  I hope this tool is all that it is cracked up to be.  After all, it is a victorinox so it should be fine. 

us Offline CQC-7

• No Life Club
  • Right Wing Psychopath!
Reply #36 on: February 24, 2007, 05:54:51 PM
Well, My thoughts are confirmed.  The SAK rescue tool IS all that it is cracked up to be.  This is my first one handed SAK and I can say I like it so much that I will continue to roder more One handed SAKs in the future.  It is a great solid tool and all that I thought it would be.  Ill be posting on its performance as soon as I get to use it more.  Overall I am very pleased! :) :) :)   

On another note, Felinevets store is great for those who have not ordered from him.  I got my new toy just a few days after ordering and the shipping was free!!! :)  If you are looking for a peticular SAK I would shop here.  He has everything and if not he can get it.

us Offline felinevet

• Banner Member
  • No Life Club
Reply #37 on: February 25, 2007, 02:10:47 AM
Thanks for the feedback and support. I'm glad you like the Rescue. I think it's pretty neat as well, Tim.
T

us Offline CQC-7

• No Life Club
  • Right Wing Psychopath!
Reply #38 on: February 27, 2007, 02:14:00 AM
I found out why they are called sta-glo scales.   WOW!!! :o :o :o.  That Sta-Glo is really bright.  Like having uranium in your pocket.  Those things could light up a small room.  I really like it.  Iknow I'll never lose this one.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%