Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

First impressions of a new swisstool

us Offline Gadget Guy

• No Life Club
  • <*();::::::::;~
Re: First impressions of a new swisstool
Reply #30 on: October 03, 2008, 11:10:49 PM
Swisstool X has scissors in place of the serrated blade on the regular Swisstool.

Now I'm stumped!  :think:  The packaged Swisstool X that I saw had different tools then my Swisstool. My Swisstool has scissors and no serrated blade, so you're saying I have an Swisstool X?  The pakaged Swisstool X that I saw didn't have the cool little pry/screwdriver that I have on my Swisstool???  Anyway, whatever model I have I like it!  :D  I would have liked a serrated blade though.  :cry:  Maybe I'll have to buy another one!!  :gimme:
Sometimes change is a good thing, other times not so much!

us Offline NutSAK

• Admin Team
  • Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #31 on: October 03, 2008, 11:16:49 PM
Yes, if you have a Swisstool with no serrated blade and with scissors, it is a Swisstool X.

Take a look here: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,1575.0.html
- Terry

england Offline Dunc

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Aggressive in defence
Reply #32 on: October 03, 2008, 11:37:27 PM
Yes, if you have a Swisstool with no serrated blade and with scissors, it is a Swisstool X.

Yes thats a very good thread  :D

Dunc

us Offline Gadget Guy

• No Life Club
  • <*();::::::::;~
Reply #33 on: October 03, 2008, 11:41:09 PM

Thank you!  :cheers:  I just went to the Victorinox website and it looks like my next multi will be the SwissTool rs.  :drool: :gimme: :drool:
Sometimes change is a good thing, other times not so much!

Offline SteamKit

Reply #34 on: October 04, 2008, 08:10:28 AM
Another small but perhaps interesting update. Punched a new hole in my belt with the awl, worked well enough that it's barely worth mentioning. Opened a few bottles with the opener without incident, so that works fine too! Thank you all again, you're kind.

-Steamkit

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #35 on: October 11, 2008, 06:27:31 PM
A very fine read.  Made me smile anyway  :).  The only thing I would say is; YOU NEED TO GET A SAK!  A small classic is all fine and well but you have to a proper SAK.   :climber:
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

Offline SteamKit

Reply #36 on: October 13, 2008, 08:11:55 AM
I intend to! Though I'm still shopping around for what I'd want, mostly something with a good set of scissors, possibly a magnifying glass, a pin, a corkscrew, micro sized screwdriver...A.K.A something to fill in for what my SwissTool or Skeletool won't do.

-Kit

gb Offline Mike, Lord of the Spammers!

• Chief of the Absolutely No Life Club!
  • Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here...
  • Why haven't you got a Farmer yet!
Reply #37 on: October 13, 2008, 08:13:44 AM
I intend to! Though I'm still shopping around for what I'd want, mostly something with a good set of scissors, possibly a magnifying glass, a pin, a corkscrew, micro sized screwdriver...A.K.A something to fill in for what my SwissTool or Skeletool won't do.

-Kit
How about a Vic Explorer then :)
Give in, buy several Farmer's!!!!!!

00 Offline Dtrain

• "Southbound Whatchya Leave Behind Ya?"
Reply #38 on: October 13, 2008, 04:27:42 PM
Or...Perhaps a Huntsman, then he has a backup to several key impliments, plus the Corkscrew w/Micro driver.
Or...Go with SI, Maybe OHT

Dtrain
"It seemed Like a Good Idea at the Time"

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • Just Awesome! And a Slayer of Polar Bear!
Reply #39 on: October 13, 2008, 04:42:54 PM
Or...Perhaps a Huntsman, then he has a backup to several key impliments, plus the Corkscrew w/Micro driver.

Dtrain

Can't say I agree with the suggestion of the SI or the OHT as they don't have scissors, a magnifying glass, a pin, a corkscrew or a micro sized screwdriver.  In fact they don't offer anything (apart from a one handed blade on the OHT) that the Swisstool doesn't already have.

You'd be far better off with the Explorer that Mike suggested IMO.
I'm back!!

00 Offline Freudian Frog

• No Life Club
  • I just don't know what went wrong.
Reply #40 on: October 13, 2008, 04:45:05 PM
Explorer sounds good. And you find them everywhere, so it should be pretty cheap. :D
Got those frog legs.

00 Offline Dtrain

• "Southbound Whatchya Leave Behind Ya?"
Reply #41 on: October 13, 2008, 11:20:57 PM

Dtrain

Can't say I agree with the suggestion of the SI or the OHT as they don't have scissors, a magnifying glass, a pin, a corkscrew or a micro sized screwdriver.  In fact they don't offer anything (apart from a one handed blade on the OHT) that the Swisstool doesn't already have.

You'd be far better off with the Explorer that Mike suggested IMO.

My bad I should have quit with the Huntsman, How about a Huntsman Lite? all he would be missing is the Magnifying glass.

Dtrain
"It seemed Like a Good Idea at the Time"

Offline SteamKit

Reply #42 on: October 14, 2008, 12:04:29 PM
I'm looking into a few models actually, including the Explorer, the Traveller, the Voyager, and a few others. I like the thought of an alarm built in, but I can't help but wonder if that's a good idea...So far of the non-electronic ones the Explorer seems best if I can dig up the little mini screwdriver for the corkscrew. How much does one commonly retail for?

-Kit

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • Just Awesome! And a Slayer of Polar Bear!
Reply #43 on: October 14, 2008, 02:58:08 PM
I'm looking into a few models actually, including the Explorer, the Traveller, the Voyager, and a few others. I like the thought of an alarm built in, but I can't help but wonder if that's a good idea...So far of the non-electronic ones the Explorer seems best if I can dig up the little mini screwdriver for the corkscrew. How much does one commonly retail for?

-Kit

Tim at felinevet.sosakonline.com will be able to help you.
I'm back!!

us Offline donvito

• No Life Club
Reply #44 on: December 01, 2008, 09:38:00 AM
Found what looks like your first review here (read the juice earlier) well made and structured, enjoyed the read. Just to clarify a few things if I may. The odd looking screwdriver tip you have on your can opener is meant to work on philips screws, and it does a good job at that, not like a dedicated driver, but good enough. The lanyard loop (if oddly shaped as apposed to a simple hole) is meant to take a corkscrew (sold separately or with ST cs model) to which you can add a mini driver as well, but don't let that discourage you from getting a good sak. Explorer is a great model for edc and camping, if you get the "plus" model available with most SAKs then a small pen, a pin, and a mini driver is included. Thx V.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%