Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Looks like the Skeletool is back in EDC rotation .

Dunc · 8 · 2141

england Offline Dunc

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Aggressive in defence
Looks like the Skeletool is back in EDC rotation .
on: December 15, 2010, 11:16:49 AM
We have just been issued with new Rope rescue harnesses.While our Sector Manager was instructing us on how to put it on and use it etc. he suggested we put our issued Gerber tool in the little open ended pocket on the right shoulder . Our team was never issued with a Gerber tool but we have one on order ( one tool per team  ::) ) . He also said that we should all invest in a pocket knife  :D
   Now I usually sheath carry a Swisstool, Wave , Spirit or Charge but when you put the harness on this has to come off your belt because the straps are done up tight and securely and not only does wearing the tool on your belt become painfull you can no longer reach it .
  I needed to rethink my EDC . Its quite easy to move my larger multitool to my bag or coat but needed something smaller to pocket carry and use while wearing the harness .
The two main uses for carrying a multitool when doing rope rescue work is  1) A knife to cut rope and 2) pliers to undo Karabiner collars . They become too tight to undo by fingers sometimes when the have been under load .

The Skeletool seems to fit the above requirements but would it fit in the litle pocket on the harness ?

The new Harness ......

and the result ......

Perfect fit  :D

Being lightweight and small the Skeletool will also clip nicely in the breast pocket of my overalls too. I need to look into lanyards as well  .So I'll see how things go with a long term test .
« Last Edit: December 15, 2010, 11:19:14 AM by Dunc »

us Offline BIG-TARGET

• No Life Club
  • "Survival must be earned"-Klingon Proverb
Re: Looks like the Skeletool is back in EDC rotation .
Reply #1 on: December 15, 2010, 12:12:28 PM
I can picture myself in one of those rigs.

But I can picture my wife's response:"On your knees slave!!!! Now where's my whip??" :o ::)
"Some rise by sin, and some by virtue fall;
 Some run from breaks of ice, and answer none:
 And some condemned for a fault alone." -William Shakespeare, King Lear (1608), Act IV, scene 6, line 169

england Offline Dunc

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Aggressive in defence
Reply #2 on: December 15, 2010, 12:41:55 PM
 :rofl:

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #3 on: December 15, 2010, 06:18:42 PM
Is this why you've gone for a combo edge Skeletool?  Anyway sounds like it's about perfect mate. :tu:
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

england Offline Dunc

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Aggressive in defence
Reply #4 on: December 15, 2010, 10:33:04 PM
Is this why you've gone for a combo edge Skeletool?  Anyway sounds like it's about perfect mate. :tu:

Yes but due to a mix up it turned out to be another plain edge . But as these are now discontinued I'm keeping hold of it .

us Offline Tabasco

Reply #5 on: December 16, 2010, 12:04:03 AM
Dunc, at times(depending on the job and safety restrictions)we use these, at work, for lanyards. I really like them. Very pricey, but VERY durable. Don't know what your restrictions may be, so anyhow: http://www.simplyscuba.com/products/Cetacea/MiniCoiledGearTether.aspx
Yeah, you right...

us Offline Mercury

• Admin Team
  • Absolutely No Life Club
  • Wearer of the Cloak of Band-aye-eed.
Reply #6 on: December 16, 2010, 06:27:44 AM
I can picture myself in one of those rigs.

But I can picture my wife's response:"On your knees slave!!!! Now where's my whip??" :o ::)
:ahhh :ahhh  DELETE DELETE!!!!!

Nice addition there Dunc, looks like that is a top notch setup you have once again!

Now for a bit of paracord to ensure your tool doesn't become the victim eh?

england Offline Dunc

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Aggressive in defence
Reply #7 on: December 16, 2010, 09:08:30 AM
Dunc, at times(depending on the job and safety restrictions)we use these, at work, for lanyards. I really like them. Very pricey, but VERY durable. Don't know what your restrictions may be, so anyhow: http://www.simplyscuba.com/products/Cetacea/MiniCoiledGearTether.aspx

In my seasonal job as a park/river Ranger i use a boat kill cord as a lanyard which is vey similar to those in your link . Thanks  :tu:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%