Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Reevaluating my off day carry

Aloha · 301 · 17887

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Re: Reevaluating my off day carry
Reply #210 on: October 15, 2020, 06:37:04 AM
My out of the house combo is a Vic Explorer Plus and a Leatherman Squirt PS4.  The Leatherman provided the pliers, wire cutter, and file.  Around the house the Xplorer gets traded out for a Classic or a Rambler.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

:tu: Very solid paring.  Around the house either 58mm is a great choice. 
Esse Quam Videri

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #211 on: October 15, 2020, 01:23:57 PM
My out of the house combo is a Vic Explorer Plus and a Leatherman Squirt PS4.  The Leatherman provided the pliers, wire cutter, and file.  Around the house the Xplorer gets traded out for a Classic or a Rambler.

That's a nice combination I think.  If you can find an old Squirt P4 you'll not have a redundant pair of scissors. :)
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #212 on: March 23, 2021, 06:39:54 PM
Its been a while since my last "real" update.   So whats changed?  Lots and nothing. 

Lets get into it then shall we,

I am enjoying carrying a Traditional folder so much so that I carry my Case Pslam 23 every off day.  Its housed in a sheath with my Squirt, 4/7s ATOM Ti light, and pen.  That is a complete kit alone but since I am loving trads so much these days......... 

I also carry my Pemberton in a sheath with my Wenger PTC and REX trad with a 4/7s Preon.   I actually carry this kit everyday.   I know its a lot, 3 trads, 2 lights, plus the Squirt, and PTC :dunno:.  The Pemberton kit has become my everyday carry since getting the Pemberton.  I bonded with the little REX trad for some unknown reason so instead of replacing it with the Pemberton I included it.  The more I reevaluated my carry the more unreliable my evaluating has become  :facepalm:.  I am enjoying these days more so than ever.  I appreciate the items I have and carry more than ever.       

I carry the Case Psalm 23 in memory of my son.  Its not used a lot but I am not hesitant to use it.  I bought it shorty after my son passed with the intention of remembering him with something I'd carry and use.  It became an immediate favorite.  Because I carried my Squirt already it was easy to include that into the sheath.  My space pen ink cartridge was not something I liked.  I changed it out and now I'm much more happy so I added it to the sheath.  Lastly I chose the 4/7s Titanium Red LED because of the soft light it gives off and it fit so well within the sheath.  Like I said this is a complete kit as far as I'm concerned.  The problem is I'm loving my other stuff so much.   

I got the REX trad a short while ago.  Its so cute but also useful I carried it often.  When I got the Pemberton I bought the sheath so I could put it and my PTC in it which I did.  I had no intention to add anything else but there was just enough space for my little cute REX plus I wanted some light too so my 4/7s Preon was added to the elastic pen holder.  I carried this that day and everyday since.  3 little knives all perfectly cohabiting in a small neat kit. 

Lights.  If I need more light then I use the lights shown.  My Zebralight is still a go to light.  I like this light a lot.  The ability to handle different cells is important to me.  I have a 14500 in it so it gives a nice amount of light if needed.  Its various modes means I am never without options for most if not all circumstances.  I also very much enjoy the Tool 2.0.  Its a good light for the money.  It can also handle different cells.  That diffuser is brilliant.  I keep it on full time so I can use the light as a lantern.  Running a 14500 this light pumps out more than enough light for me.  I bought the Thrunite T10T out of impulse.  It was a great price so I figured what the heck.  It can take 14500s and push 800lm which is nice but it was the Ti that got me  ;).  It is not a light weight light tho.  This light is mostly carried while at home while the Zebra or Tool are taken with me outside the home.  I bought the Manker a while ago as my first angle light.  I also use this mostly at home which is nice since I can clip it to my shirt pocket and go hands free.  The neutral tint is pretty nice. My Fenix LD02 continues the be a favorite.  I keep one in a Skinth along with an Explorer.  Its been flawless in function and earned its spot.  My Fenix E02 SS was wonky when I got it but I tightened the module and its been flawless as well.  I bring this one when I want a smaller light over the ZL or Tool.  Fits in the coin pocket easily.     

Modern OHO Folders.  Not much has changed as far as me carrying a folder.  I carry them once in a while outside the home but mostly at home or work.  I got the Benchmade 555 fairly recently from a member.  Very happy with it.  My partner "borrowed" it for a little while but I somehow got it back.  Even tho I am flush with knives on my day off with the 3 trads, Squirt, and PTC, there are times when I like a OHO knife.  Those 3 are my go to if I do decide a OHO folder will be carried. 

Explorer plus.  With all the sharps in my pocket is not often I carry a SAK larger than my PTC on my off days outside the house.  This SAK is one I have come back to time and time again.  I've gone to 84mm for a while but I keep coming back to the Explorer.   I carry a Champion for work now so the Explorer see less time as a result.  I bought a loop so my Explorer is seeing less time at the fleamarket as well.  I've not given up on my Explorer but it is seeing limited time in use. 

Watch.  I picked this watch up from a member.  My partner decided it was hers pretty quickly.  I only recently got it back.  Its been a nice watch and very comfy on the wrist.  My go to for work has been a Gshock which I also used for off days as well.  I am happy to have something else to wear on my off days now.  While I have other watches I wanted something like this for a while.  Been on my wrist every off day since getting it. 

Misc.  Lip balm, the white tube is essential oil that I can take a whiff from as needed, bandana, hand sanitizer, and pepper gel.  These all get carried everyday except the pepper gel which only gets carried on off days. 

IMG_2199.jpg
* IMG_2199.jpg (Filesize: 183.61 KB)
IMG_2198.jpg
* IMG_2198.jpg (Filesize: 182.79 KB)
IMG_2202.jpg
* IMG_2202.jpg (Filesize: 216.01 KB)
IMG_2200.jpg
* IMG_2200.jpg (Filesize: 205.8 KB)
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #213 on: March 23, 2021, 06:40:44 PM
Watch and misc items. 
IMG_2205.jpg
* IMG_2205.jpg (Filesize: 193.54 KB)
IMG_2206.jpg
* IMG_2206.jpg (Filesize: 195.47 KB)
Esse Quam Videri

gb Offline SurgeUk

• Global Moderator
  • Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #214 on: March 23, 2021, 06:49:12 PM
Watch and misc items.
Loving all of the kit Aloha  :tu: :like:

If only we could carry incapacitant spray/gel here  :dd: :rant:
They don't like it up 'em!

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #215 on: March 23, 2021, 07:08:27 PM
I should also mention I have been wearing 5.11 pants more on my off days.  I picked up several pair from the thrift store thinking I'd wear them for work since I wear similar type pants for work ( LA Police gear ).  I typically wear jeans on my off days and Levi's are a no go for me these days.  They have gotten way too thin and I'm not happy with them any more.  I picked up a pair of Wranglers which I was happy with but I still need to get a few more.  The 5.11 pants and cargo pants in general were not a type of pant I wore outside of work but I have to say I am liking them more than I thought I would.  They are so lightweight and the POCKET real estate is awesome. 

The other typical items carried are a wallet and phone. 

I carry my wallet in my left front pocket with the Pemberton kit.  Its fits nicely together with a little bulk tho not bad at all.  I carry my Case Psalm 23 kit in my right from pocket with lip balm and essential oil inhaler ( if I am not wearing a shirt with pocket ) and sanitizer if wearing jeans.  Bandana is in my left rear pocket with phone.  If I carry a modern folder then it goes into my right rear pocket.    When I add a larger light it gets clipped to the belt loop.  My belt seems to keep it in place with jeans and the 5.11 pants have a wide loop so its very secure there. 

I carry my pepper gel on my belt ( not shown but I wear a leather belt every day off ) in a ranger band ( bike inner tube ).  Its very secure there but also allows easy access.  I thought about carrying my additional light in a similar manner but the belt loop works. 

I don't use all the pocket on my 5.11 pants as you can see other than for my sanitizer.  They are greta tho and I can see how they can be great for those that choose to.   
IMG_2210.jpg
* IMG_2210.jpg (Filesize: 284.64 KB)
IMG_2207.jpg
* IMG_2207.jpg (Filesize: 330.82 KB)
IMG_2209.jpg
* IMG_2209.jpg (Filesize: 206.83 KB)
IMG_2208.jpg
* IMG_2208.jpg (Filesize: 209.09 KB)
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #216 on: March 23, 2021, 07:20:09 PM
Loving all of the kit Aloha  :tu: :like:

If only we could carry incapacitant spray/gel here  :dd: :rant:

I have not used it thankfully but it does give me some peace of mind.  I don't think of my sharps as defense weapons so pepper gel would be a choice of defense in certain situations.  I've used my ability to deescalate with humility in most cases.  Seems certain fellas just want to peacock more than anything so a bit of humility works for them.  I have had a few encounters where I was going to spritz someone but luckily for us both he decided to take a step back.  We've practiced a fair bit with pepper sprays/gels ( my girls and partner too ) so we are fairly ready if needed to spritz.  Not entirely sure the effectiveness but if only for a moment of surprise we'll be onto our next step.  We also like it for our walks, some pet owners do not take care to keep their dogs safely behind fences or on leashes. 

Its the very least approach to some kind of self protection here in a very large city in a even larger state of uncertainty at times.       
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #217 on: June 16, 2021, 10:18:48 PM
Back again.  I didn't show how I carry my wallet.  I switched out wallets for a while but I am back to my Nixon leather bifold.  I like this wallet even tho its a bit wide.  In other threads I mentioned nearly leaving it on the counter while checking out of a store.  Since that moment I attached it to my Victorinox Belt Hanger.  This way the wallet is on a leash that wont come off unless I choose to.  Its worked out great. 

Keys have always been an area of frustration.  How do I carry all the key I need to?  Well, I decided since I dont always take my vehicle all I really needed were house keys.  I attached those to the leash my wallet is on.  So far so good. 

My vehicle key and fob along with the two keys to open my truck topper are together with a pill container and PhotonX.  They are all attacked to my NiteIze biner that has stood the test of time.  I keep my vehicle key on a quick release to my ignition isn't being bogged down.  The PhotonX is a great little button light.  Its served me well even with the battery case popping open a few times.  Its so light yet so worth carrying I keep it aboard.  Pill fob has Ibuprofen.

Keeping with leashed stuff I bought the dual belt clip thing.  I had a single that proved to work well.  The dual belt clip thing has two chains.  One keeps my Midnight Minichamp that FolderBeholder sent to me on a quick release.  I also keep a leather pouch that has a few mementos.  I clip that to my Wrangler belt loop or D ring that my 5/11 pants have.  I then pop it into my Wrangler coin pocket or slash pocket of my 5/11's.  I have easy access to my SAK and light. 

The other chain keeps my Case Psalm 23 Trapper kit secure.  No worries of it running off.  The only chain really exposed is the brass one.  Which to me looks kinda cool.  The silver chains is only slightly seen.

I then attach my NiteIze biner to the dual belt clip and I'm set.  My vehicle key is just long enough to slip into my pocket as well.  No dangling bit for me. 

IMG_2484.jpg
* IMG_2484.jpg (Filesize: 176.9 KB)
IMG_2485.jpg
* IMG_2485.jpg (Filesize: 193.84 KB)
IMG_2486.jpg
* IMG_2486.jpg (Filesize: 195.16 KB)
IMG_2487.jpg
* IMG_2487.jpg (Filesize: 190.23 KB)
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #218 on: June 16, 2021, 10:21:31 PM
I've been happy with this set up as far as my wallet carry and slip sheath carry.  My keychain will change and go back and change again.  I do like keeping my house keys with my wallet.  When I am off like today I only have my dual belt clip with 2 chains.  No need for my vehicle key. 

That last pic is what I have in that leather pouch. 
IMG_2488.jpg
* IMG_2488.jpg (Filesize: 193.74 KB)
IMG_2489.jpg
* IMG_2489.jpg (Filesize: 224.21 KB)
IMG_2490.jpg
* IMG_2490.jpg (Filesize: 203.43 KB)
Esse Quam Videri

Offline dmattaponi

Reevaluating my off day carry
Reply #219 on: June 17, 2021, 05:50:37 AM
Great thread and pics!  Like some of you my home edc is often in flux, but I really do like the idea of settling on on a consistent edc that I carry both at home and outside of home. Most recently I upsized my multitool from a Squirt PS4 to a Leatherman Bond or PST.  I’ve downsized my SAK from the Explorer Plus to a Compact.  The single AA flashlight, the pen and notebook remain the same.  The main reason for the changes is that I broke (bent) my Squirt trying to cut some wire that it couldn’t handle and I wanted something that while compact would be a little more robust.  So that meant a bigger multitool.  To compensate a little for this I tried to save a little on the size and weight of the SAK (while keeping the  SAK scissors which are a heavily used favorite of mine…not to mention neither of the two multitools that I’m using have scissors).

wales Offline GearedForwards

• No Life Club
Reply #220 on: June 17, 2021, 06:53:06 AM
One heck of a kit Aloha! Loving the chains, I used a chain in secondary for my locker and house key, school was not the time to try that... It was not well received by my 'peers'  :facepalm:

I should put more effort into my kits, though being at home like... 95% of the time makes it a bit hard to not grab a couple handfuls of whatever is allowed in the challenge of the month  :think:

How do you find carrying the Zebralight on your loop? I'd imagine that it'd be past the point of retention, does it moving around not bother you at all?

How useful do you find the midnite minichamp's light?
Check out my Youtube channel  for gear reviews, comparisons, and carry philosophy.

Love belt carry? Consider doing the Batman Challenge!

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #221 on: June 17, 2021, 04:12:38 PM
Great thread and pics!  Like some of you my home edc is often in flux, but I really do like the idea of settling on on a consistent edc that I carry both at home and outside of home. Most recently I upsized my multitool from a Squirt PS4 to a Leatherman Bond or PST.  I’ve downsized my SAK from the Explorer Plus to a Compact.  The single AA flashlight, the pen and notebook remain the same.  The main reason for the changes is that I broke (bent) my Squirt trying to cut some wire that it couldn’t handle and I wanted something that while compact would be a little more robust.  So that meant a bigger multitool.  To compensate a little for this I tried to save a little on the size and weight of the SAK (while keeping the  SAK scissors which are a heavily used favorite of mine…not to mention neither of the two multitools that I’m using have scissors).

My carry is evolving as I go thru the thread.  I have some items that have remained.  I went from a Wave to my Squirt since I was not using the Wave as much.  I can see how you went the other direction especially when you had the fail.  Going from a Explorer to the Compact is not bad at all.  Lots of functionality in the Compact.

The PST is a nice slim multitool yet offers more robustness over the Squirt.  I don't have a Bond but from what I've been reading its also seems like a good slim choice. 
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #222 on: June 17, 2021, 04:28:34 PM
One heck of a kit Aloha! Loving the chains, I used a chain in secondary for my locker and house key, school was not the time to try that... It was not well received by my 'peers'  :facepalm:

I should put more effort into my kits, though being at home like... 95% of the time makes it a bit hard to not grab a couple handfuls of whatever is allowed in the challenge of the month  :think:

How do you find carrying the Zebralight on your loop? I'd imagine that it'd be past the point of retention, does it moving around not bother you at all?

How useful do you find the midnite minichamp's light?

Thank you.  The chains have been working out great.  I was going to use paracord but I had the chains.  The brass one is nice looking and the only one that shows.  The silver on goes straight into my pocket.  I also dont tuck my shirt in so......

I can imagine a couple keys hangin from a chain as a young boy wouldn't go over too well.  The biker wallet is a look with the chain hanging.  Its not the look I was going I was after a secure way to keep my slip sheath from wandering.  I am a big fan of the Victorinox belt clip with chain so this was familiar. 

So I should follow up to say I only carried the ZL in my loop when wearing the 5/11 pants since they have a wider belt loop.  I also wear a leather belt which also helps the light stay snug.  As for movement, its pretty stable but I have also been trying it clipped inside the waistband and in the 5/11s front velcro pocket.  I dont like to clip it to my pocket or just let it sit at the bottom of my pocket. 

I'm pretty happy with the light from the Midnight Minichamp.  I carry a button light and while they are great for certain situations they have their limits.  The MC is bright enough for those moments when you need some light.  I wouldn't use it to light my pathway along the side of my house but it would be ok for a dark room or under a bed. 

I much prefer a AAA in most circumstances.  The are easy to carry and slim.  They can be carried on a keychain for the most part so you'll always have a light.  My AA/14500 are for everything else.   
Esse Quam Videri

Offline dmattaponi

Reply #223 on: June 17, 2021, 05:10:08 PM
My carry is evolving as I go thru the thread.  I have some items that have remained.  I went from a Wave to my Squirt since I was not using the Wave as much.  I can see how you went the other direction especially when you had the fail.  Going from a Explorer to the Compact is not bad at all.  Lots of functionality in the Compact.

The PST is a nice slim multitool yet offers more robustness over the Squirt.  I don't have a Bond but from what I've been reading its also seems like a good slim choice.

Offline dmattaponi

Reply #224 on: June 17, 2021, 05:12:42 PM
Thank you.  The chains have been working out great.  I was going to use paracord but I had the chains.  The brass one is nice looking and the only one that shows.  The silver on goes straight into my pocket.  I also dont tuck my shirt in so......

I can imagine a couple keys hangin from a chain as a young boy wouldn't go over too well.  The biker wallet is a look with the chain hanging.  Its not the look I was going I was after a secure way to keep my slip sheath from wandering.  I am a big fan of the Victorinox belt clip with chain so this was familiar. 

So I should follow up to say I only carried the ZL in my loop when wearing the 5/11 pants since they have a wider belt loop.  I also wear a leather belt which also helps the light stay snug.  As for movement, its pretty stable but I have also been trying it clipped inside the waistband and in the 5/11s front velcro pocket.  I dont like to clip it to my pocket or just let it sit at the bottom of my pocket. 

I'm pretty happy with the light from the Midnight Minichamp.  I carry a button light and while they are great for certain situations they have their limits.  The MC is bright enough for those moments when you need some light.  I wouldn't use it to light my pathway along the side of my house but it would be ok for a dark room or under a bed. 

I much prefer a AAA in most circumstances.  The are easy to carry and slim.  They can be carried on a keychain for the most part so you'll always have a light.  My AA/14500 are for everything else.   
I agree.  I have a Minichamp with the light.  It’s an older one and they may have since been improved, but a AAA flashlight is much superior for most tasks. 

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #225 on: December 08, 2021, 05:20:03 PM
Reevaluating or rambling?  I'm not sure anymore  :think:.

Over the last few months I have really tried to only put things into my pockets that tick a few boxes for me.  The what if scenario can be a helluva journey.  I tell myself and have told myself I cannot deal with every scenario nor do I want to, more importantly.  I want to carry things that assist me in my comings and goings while enjoy8n guy days off. 

When I am working I plan for most things.  I have contingencies.  When I am out enjoying an activity I also have contingencies planned for.  When I am off not engaged in a specific activity I am usually doing life stuff.  Here in SoCal we spend a lot of time in our vehicles.  We've got to drive everywhere and from where I live thats usually 30 miles or further.  I wont need much even if I break down.  I wont be spending the night out doors.  I wont need food and water.  I live in a big city and its rare I wont have cell coverage. 

My off day carry is why I began this thread.  I was carrying stuff I no longer felt the need I had to have on me.  I also rarely used some of the gear which prompted my evaluation of it, or rather the need. 

Over the course of this thread I have began to really enjoy carrying traditional folders.  I still very much enjoy them.  Also as I type this out I have not been carrying my Explorer or large SAK much at all. 

I'll get right into it then. 

Midnight Manager on my Victorinox Belt hanger.  While thicker than my Manager I appreciate the light ( white vs red ).  Its thickness is not noticed in how I carry it.  I was carrying a Manager before in the same manner for a while so its a familiar SAK but with a added feature ( light ).  The light is nice.  Its very usable so its worth the added thickness of the scales, to me. 

I bought a Rovyvon Aurora A5 after some lengthy reading up on it and reviews.  I didn't have a "real" keychain light and thought it would be nice to have one on me at all times.  While the manager is nice the light is not what I'd call bump in the night worthy.  I popped the light onto the same belt hanger as my Manager.  Its not bad at all.  While I am not a big fan of jingling items, these are relatively quiet since its plastic on plastic.  The amount of light and recharge ability are wonderful on the A5 as are the features. 

Lets for a moment stop there.  With those 2 items ( Midnight Manager and A5 ) I am comfortable with leaving the house IF I only carried those.  Lets be clear tho, I am like you, I like sharps and I like gear.  What I am saying is my feeling of NEED is not strong enough to have me feeling less prepared IF I only had those items on me. 

I hope that made sense. 

* IMG_4081.jpg (Filesize: 311.29 KB)
Esse Quam Videri

• No Life Club
Reply #226 on: December 08, 2021, 05:42:21 PM
My soul sheds a tear every time a gear head is drawn closer to shudder minimalism  :ahhh

At least it's still quality gear  :salute:

I really like my Rovyvon, it performs well in most situations, only really failing to hail the delivery driver that takes the wrong turn down the street a.k.a. my justification for blasting 4000+ lumens in a residential area  :whistle:

The Midnite Manager looks like a great package, I haven't tried a lite SAK yet, I have a second hand one in the states with my missus' sister waiting for collection/delivery at some point, but if one goes on sale here in the mean time I might try it out  :think:

If you were to compare the MM's lite to the Rovyvon's main LED, what brightness level is it closer to?
Check out my Youtube channel  for gear reviews, comparisons, and carry philosophy.

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #227 on: December 08, 2021, 06:15:26 PM
BTW I place the belt hanger on my left side and its been great.  The pill container has 1 Ibuprofen, 1 Allergy pill, 1 St Josephs 81mg pill, 1 upset stomach pill.

Pepper Spray.  I am still carrying it and its been nice to have it.  I've told the story over and over again as to why.  A knife for me is not a defense tool I'm likely to use.  I'll never say never and leave it at that.  I'm not too bad with my hands and feet.  I had years of training in boxing and American Kenpo however I'd rather not get into a scuffle.  Id much rather if the situation called for it spritz an idiot with some seasoning  :D.  Well before that tho I am a 3rd degree black belt ( in talk ) and Jedi with letting ego driven idiots or idiots in general who want trouble feel amazing by talking them down.  Any of you who have been accosted or felt threatened know when its "go time".  I have had my share of moments but rarely felt it was "go time".  I can usually feed their ego while being calm and ready and giving off the vibe I'm afraid to set it off.   

Hope that makes sense.

I keep the pepper spray on my right side even tho I am a lefty.

In my front pocket is where all the trouble is  :rofl:.   What to carry?  Over the months I have been so thankful to receive such wonderful knives, traditional ones.  I have found a comfort in them and using them.  I don't often get new knives so I've often said I like to think about who may have owned them thru the years.  Why they chose this particular knife and so on. 

I did buy 2 Case knives that really need to be carried.  One is a Trapper with a verse very special to me.  I bought it after my son passed away.  I also bought a Tony Bose Tribal Lock.  Its such a fantastic knife. 

Do I carry both?  How can I leave one behind? 

So because I bought the Trapper for a specific reason I choose to carry it daily on my off days.   

I was having such a great time carrying my Pemberton that its so hard not to.  I did stop for a short while tho.  I missed its little blades and immediately put it back into my pocket. 

What about my Case small Trapper?  My Case Copper Lock?  They are all such nice knives I want to carry them all. 

Ok ok ok, I used to love reading about some who carried ONE tool for years.  In some ways I want to be that fella. The thing is, I have acquired too many nice things.  I cannot go back now. 

* IMG_4082.jpg (Filesize: 279.11 KB)
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #228 on: December 08, 2021, 06:22:09 PM
If you were to compare the MM's lite to the Rovyvon's main LED, what brightness level is it closer to?

The SAK white light is pretty dim.  While nice in a car looking under seats or glove box.  Nice for under sofa or when theres NO light.  I'd say the "closest to" the lowest mode of the A5.  I can use the SAK light for my door lock.  It useable light but specially so. 

I really like my A5 with red aux LEDs. 
Esse Quam Videri

• No Life Club
Reply #229 on: December 08, 2021, 06:43:32 PM
The SAK white light is pretty dim.  While nice in a car looking under seats or glove box.  Nice for under sofa or when theres NO light.  I'd say the "closest to" the lowest mode of the A5.  I can use the SAK light for my door lock.  It useable light but specially so. 

I really like my A5 with red aux LEDs.

That's not bad for the size, I do think Vic are overdue a revision with more modern LEDs and rechargeable cells like in the Keysmart Pro smart side. My Rovy is the one with UV instead of red light, I like it for playing with GitD stuff, including self charging the body to act like a marker for my organiser.

A lovely set of trads you have to choose from! My trad game is pretty low but I'm building up to it.

This reminds me I should probably update my carry thread  :think:

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #230 on: December 08, 2021, 06:43:51 PM
Those wonderful Trads don't all go solo. 

Lets go top left of picture. 

Black Squirt PS4.  SS Trapper.  small pen. This combo is terrific.  I like the trapper pattern a lot and SS is a decent choice for this CASE.  Big fan of the Squirt so this has always made the cut. 

Blue Squirt P4 ( minus scissors ).  Yellow Copper lock CV.  Titanium 4/7s Atom A0 Red LED.  I always wanted to try the Copper lock and lucked upon this fella.  I've had the red led light for a long time.  Its nice as an accessory light.  Its also neat its a red led.  My Squirt P4 has some milage.  Its minus the scissors yet its has a little awl.  Its a great little tool. 

The empty leather sheath with contents below it. 
Pemberton  I have nothing but praise for this little knife.  If I could get another I'd snap it up in a heartbeat.  The nimbleness of this knife is stellar.  Small yet super capable.  It also looks amazing.  Mini Bic.  Titanium Thrunite, this is a terrific light.  I love having a small light on my especially now that its dark earlier.  I also just love having lights on me.  Red Style PS.  I had a Micra instead but I'm a sucker for small pliers.  Brass Pen.  I liberated this from the box that went around.  Love me a small pen.  I have no clue who made it or how to get refills. 

My Trapper with verse is mated with a Space pen in leather slip.

Tribal lock goes solo also in leather slip. 

I cut a slip in half so the above knives can be carried as such.  I was not using the dual large slip efficiently and this has worked out much better.

So what do I carry off days?   

* IMG_4083.jpg (Filesize: 335.69 KB)
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #231 on: December 08, 2021, 06:45:38 PM
 :salute: Thank you. 
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #232 on: December 08, 2021, 06:54:55 PM
Alright here we go.  To the average fella this maybe a lot.  To the average gear fella maybe too little.  If I am feeling a strong desire for more I'll pocket one of the other leather slips.  Either small trapper or Copper lock.  Its not often tho which is where I began to feel sad they get left so often. 

Now let me remind you, this is my off day carry when leaving the house. 

We'll get into when I have no plans to leave the house like today.   :facepalm:

* IMG_4084.jpg (Filesize: 344.78 KB)
Esse Quam Videri

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #233 on: December 09, 2021, 12:46:15 AM
Always a great thread mate. :hatsoff:  I've been sticking to the pretty minimal doctrine as well (outside of working).  I'm still a big fan of the Nitecore Tiki which is very much in the same style as Rovyvon.  Here's what I currently have in my pockets. Case Stockman, Vic Classic, Tiki and LM Squirt P4.

* 20211204_104842.jpg (Filesize: 150 KB)
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #234 on: December 09, 2021, 05:53:12 PM
 :like: Lovely gear.  We are very much of the same mind.  While we may swap in a different slippie its a basic formula we have.  Anything else that goes into my pockets is because I just really wanted to carry it. 
Esse Quam Videri

• No Life Club
Reply #235 on: December 09, 2021, 10:36:07 PM
Aloha you will be receiving an invoice in the post, I appear to have ordered a Midnite Manager  :facepalm:

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #236 on: December 09, 2021, 11:23:27 PM
I had been wanting to try a newer version rather than the old red leds.  Those were pretty bad and I was not a fan.  When FolderBeholder sent me this one I was really very surprised how decent of a light it is.  Yes there are far better lights but they do not have scissors, pens, phillips, or a blade.  I hope you'll enjoy yours. 
Esse Quam Videri

• No Life Club
Reply #237 on: December 09, 2021, 11:35:01 PM
I had been wanting to try a newer version rather than the old red leds.  Those were pretty bad and I was not a fan.  When FolderBeholder sent me this one I was really very surprised how decent of a light it is.  Yes there are far better lights but they do not have scissors, pens, phillips, or a blade.  I hope you'll enjoy yours.

I'm sure I will! I'm sure it'll be a useable amount of light indoors and upclose, and it gives me a nice all in one package for when I just throw a single item in a pocket to head to the kitchen from my office or something.

I have to admit I've been tempted since I saw Nix carry one in I think the EDC challenge? But that was so long ago it's easier to blame the most recent tempter  :whistle:

I saw the Vic belt dangler as a suggested item too, but I'm not there yet  :surrender:

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #238 on: December 09, 2021, 11:47:21 PM
I bought the belt hanger a while ago for a specific purpose but as things go it was never used for that purpose.  I then bought another for some reason  :whistle:

One day as I was checking out of the store I almost walked out without my wallet.  I placed it on the counter to grab my bags and didn't think.  Once I got home I immediately attached my wallet to the belt hanger as well as my Manager and pill container.  I now have my Midnight Manager the same pill container and Rovyvon A5.  While I love hair singeing lumens the Manager is more than enough.

My garage is pretty pitch black.  Here is a quick shot of the Midnight Manager at work.  I would feel more than comfortable walking in a small very dark space with it.   

* IMG_4092.jpg (Filesize: 31.77 KB)

* IMG_4093.jpg (Filesize: 77.76 KB)

* IMG_4095.jpg (Filesize: 89.52 KB)
Esse Quam Videri

• No Life Club
Reply #239 on: December 10, 2021, 12:13:00 AM
Oh that's way better than I thought it'd be to be honest!

And I can see why you'd tether your wallet to you, I have the other problem. Getting to the checkout and embarrassingly having to go back home for my wallet  :facepalm:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%