Multitool.org Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

June Pocket Rocket Challenge 13672

Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 6,651
June Pocket Rocket Challenge
« Reply #1020 on: Today at 09:35:28 PM »
Day 16
I used the classic to cut some paracord and some shockcord to make a bungee extension for Fishers leash.  I think the shockcord was really pushing the limits on the classic.  The scissors wouldn’t cut it so I used the blade, but it still was difficult, so after the first cut, I did switch to a 91mm that I normally use.

I also used the classic to cut some fatwood for my twig stove.  The classic did ok, but I was only able to get small shavings.  To get bigger shavings like what I usually use, I think a bigger blade would do better.
« Last Edit: Today at 09:51:21 PM by Sos24 »
Zombie Apprentice Posts: 17,874 Bon Journee!!
Re: June Pocket Rocket Challenge
« Reply #1021 on: Today at 09:38:48 PM »
Cut some fresh peppermint for tea with the Classic.  Slow going, almost like grooming a Bonsai...

Barry
Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 6,651
« Reply #1022 on: Today at 09:49:54 PM »

Uh...perhaps we should just be eating the standard, 58mm compatible, Banana Nut muffins?   :think:

If your mid-day snack requires a Chef's knife.....well.....what do your pants tell you....?   :think:
Isn’t part of the point of challenges to push the limits (within safety limits) of the tool.  Although, I can say there has been a couple instances where I have wondered if I was going to break my new classic before its pretty scales even get scuffed.
Absolute Zombie Club Posts: 20,806

Nix us

« Reply #1023 on: Today at 09:55:31 PM »
Day 16:

Used the nail file to open a jar of instant. A simple task, but one where a nice pocket knife that is quick to hand is something I appreciate. And this Esquire is a very nice little pocket knife.

A bit later I used the nail tool again, this time to open the top of a tin of alcohol (fuel).

At lunch, the Esquire's scissors came in handy when I needed to snip a bit of cilantro for my guacamole.

I used the chef's knife in the background to split open up the avocados used in the guacamole. I was annoyed with myself because I just grabbed the chef's knife to quickly slice them open. I didn't think to use the Esquire, which I am sure is perfectly capable of doing the job. I just wish I'd thought of it at the time. Time permitting, I'll try to use the Esquire to prep another avocado on another day.   :tu:

heterodox, not in the box

Nix us

« Reply #1024 on: Today at 09:59:03 PM »
Isn’t part of the point of challenges to push the limits (within safety limits) of the tool.  Although, I can say there has been a couple instances where I have wondered if I was going to break my new classic before its pretty scales even get scuffed.

Your point is well taken.   :tu:

Which just begs the question..... Why was Barry shirking his challenge obligations and not pushing that Classic to its limits?   :rant:

And, if the muffin in question was capable of breaking his classic.... Well.... I'd suggest the smaller muffins at a different muffin shop!   :rofl:

Nix us

« Reply #1025 on: Today at 10:00:31 PM »
Day 16
I used the classic to cut some paracord and some shockcord to make a bungee extension for Fishers leash.  I think the shockcord was really pushing the limits on the classic.  The scissors wouldn’t cut it so I used the blade, but it still was difficult, so after the first cut, I did switch to a 91mm that I normally use.
(Image removed from quote.)
I also used the classic to cut some fatwood for my twig stove.  The classic did ok, but I was only able to get small shavings.  To get bigger shavings like what I usually use, I think a bigger blade would do better.

Both the Classic and the extension look good!   :tu:
« Last Edit: Today at 11:10:19 PM by Nix »

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
June Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: $18.49
PayPal Fees: $1.24
Net Balance: $17.25